The really slow loss team!

You are close to target and already have a healthy BMI so it is going to be even tougher to shift those last few pounds

0.2lb gain for me this week :( Not sure why.... there is often no rhyme or reason so I have given up trying to fathom out the nuances of my rather strange body habitus!

Ho-hum.... another week, let's keep on keeping on
:rolleyes:
((( Big Hugs ))) chica - it's them blumin' steroids.
Just keep on "keeping on" hun, and something MIGHT disappear soon.

I am not even a lb into the healthy range too

Ah, but you are there @ 24.8 albeit just................ I would KILL to be 24.8!!!

As Annya says . . .
You are close to target and already have a healthy BMI so it is going to be even tougher to shift those last few pounds
Once you are around that magical BMI of 25 for some unknow reason your body seems to rebel!
And hangs onto every single solitary ounce that it can!

aw_bless - if you are heading for a target weight of 8 st - that's a BMI of around 20.5 - so you will find it tough to lose that extra stone.

I know BMI isn't always the best indicator, as body shape etc comes into it!
If I wanted to get my BMI below 25 then I would look dreadful. Even at a BMI of 26 I look "haggard" around my face.
I'm nearly 60 (well I'm 58) and the gaunt look no longer suits my very large frame.
Even my doctor admitted that a BMI of 26 was VERY acceptable for my size and shape.

Good luck chicas - t'aint ever easy no matter how tall / short you are to get that weight loss.

My target weight gives me a bmi of 25.9 and as long as I am below 30 my dr is happy

Hello there acc - nice to 'see' you again :D How's it going dearie?

My problem is that my body tends to be a law unto itself.
My normal loss is about ½ lb a week. But then one week by doing nothing different I'll lose big time. By big time read 2 or 3 lbs.
The problem is it doesn't usually stay off and I'll regain it, and usually a bit more, the following week - even when I've stuck to plan.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I have the same problem ill lose a few pounds my first week the next week I gain when ive stuck to plan. My body also does its own thing and is holding tight to the pounds

Did anyone watch bbc prog The men who made us thin? About why diets don't work. V interesting. We must remember, it is unnatural for us to lose weight. Bodies don't like to, part of survival instinct :)

Hello there acc - nice to 'see' you again :D How's it going dearie?

Hi; thanks for asking,I am back on sw again!! after messing about with other diets and gaining all the weight I lost:banghead:
first week weigh in and 2lb lost:D only 26 more pounds to go :eek:

Did anyone watch bbc prog The men who made us thin? About why diets don't work. V interesting. We must remember, it is unnatural for us to lose weight. Bodies don't like to, part of survival instinct :)

Ive not seen that I wonder if its on iplayer or something would be interesting to see. Would ecplain why our bodies hold tight to the weight.

Apparently there was no mention of SW but they have already put a statement on their website
https://www.slimmingworld.com/news-and-events/news-men-made-thin.aspx

Also there was a dig at "shakes". Apparently the biggest ingredient is SUGAR!
It lead me to post a rant on another fred - it went like this . . .

Even the "better" shakes have a high percentage of sugar.
You have to have something in them to make them taste nice! :8855:
Hence I would not go near a shake if you paid me. I'll take the slow and steady route using real food any time, thank you.

Plus each shake is at least 220 cals - well I can have THREE huge bowls of my green veggie soup for that number of cals and I would be stuffed for the rest of the day PLUS I'd be getting all the right vitamins etc - that the manufacturers of shakes claim.
Ok no protein - but there is the odd days when I don't have any protein anyway!
Sorry - rant on shakes now over :wave_cry:
(with apologies to Annya as I know you do use them.)

Hi; thanks for asking,I am back on sw again!! after messing about with other diets and gaining all the weight I lost:banghead:
first week weigh in and 2lb lost:D only 26 more pounds to go :eek:
Nice to have you with us again Ann - but sorry at the same time (if that makes sense :8855:)
Good luck on getting back down, you can do it!

3/4lb off this week. Thrilled - that's a really good loss for me after weeks of STS! Just need the same again to make a total 4 stone loss.

That programme was interesting and very revealing about the relationship many of us have with food. But as a newbie on this thread I think I'll refrain from making any comments until I know you all a bit better. I hope you will become my friends and allies in this battle which we are each fighting in our own way, and I would hate to upset any of you by appearing to criticise your choices.

(with apologies to Annya as I know you do use them.)

No worries Bev :D I only use them very infrequently now when it is convenient to just 'shake and go' - it fits in well with work when it is manic and I have niether time nor opportunity to make decent food choices :)

I am 99% a calorie counter now eating 'normal' food
. SW just didn't work for me as I need the discipline of counting to be able to even stand a chance of losing with all the medical and pharmaceutical challenges I have - following a plan that says you can eat until saitiated and still lose weight just ain't gonna do it for me :rolleyes:

Last edited:
3/4lb off this week. Thrilled - that's a really good loss for me after weeks of STS! Just need the same again to make a total 4 stone loss.

That programme was interesting and very revealing about the relationship many of us have with food. But as a newbie on this thread I think I'll refrain from making any comments until I know you all a bit better. I hope you will become my friends and allies in this battle which we are each fighting in our own way, and I would hate to upset any of you by appearing to criticise your choices.
Well done Patty on a great week. It's good to see it moving isn't it?

Comment away. One thing about this fred is we have friendly discussions and normally even if we disagree with each other it never gets nasty - unlike some freds you will find around Minis. We're all tortoise losers so supporting each other - and yes becoming friends - is the primary objective.
As I said, some of the discussions in the past have been a bit brusque - and we never pull our punches.
If someones asks for advice and they don't like the factual reply from someone then that's their problem if it was just plain and simple truth.
But we are never nasty to each other. If that happened then I'm sure someone else would step it too!

Well, having had far too many carbs at the start of last week and gaining 2 lbs in 48 hours - and then magically losing them again overnight, I've finished the week on a net loss of 0.2 kg (< ½ lb).

Not hopeful of a loss this week as we have 3 days at Roda including a night out at one of my favourite restaurants to celebrate :cry:

Back