The really slow loss team!

I think I need to start doing red but without having WM bread or potatoes as the HExB - even though I'm weighing them out, I feel like I'm probably still having too many carbs especially as my losses are so low!

It's processed carbs that do for me - so rice (I eat standard stuff so husks off), pasta (processe wheat) and white bread.
Stick with natural carbs like spuds and wm bread as your HexB adn you'll probably be ok.

Welcome to all the new people !!

I am on the gain train still :-( own fault!
I need school to start back so I am not around yummies so much! Lol

Yeah, but you BMI is still well low honey so we will allow you your small fall from grace :D

Thank you for your encouraging words, Pom!

I can't for the life of me remember what thoughts were in my mind when I posted a few days ago, so they couldn't have been very profound and were probably better for not being posted!

Like you, there's no way I would give up healthy 'proper' food for a sugary concoction of chemicals (I wouldn't eat Mug Shot/Past 'n' Sauce type things either), but each to his own. I'm sure I've read recently that the dietary boffins are beginning to look more closely at the role of sugar in obesity; despite many people moving to low-fat produce, obesity is soaring so there may be another culprit - is it sugar?

There is a surprising amount of hidden sugar. We expect things such as sweets, biscuits, Alpen Lights, jam and so on to contain sugar, but do we expect something that appears to be 'healthy', such as Bran Flakes, to be almost 25% sugar? I was horrified when I realised this and switched to Weetabix or Shredded Wheat-type cereals (porridge in winter). It's worth reading labels carefully as I've found that 'own-brands' tend to have less sugar in than the well-known brand.

I shall continue to watch the debate and in the meantime, I've decided SW offers me the best plan for eating healthily and in a way that suits me - I've always eaten loads of fruit and veg/salad. I might be a bit 'sniffy' about some of the recipes using what seems like loads of artificial sweetener, but if it works, then who am I to criticise? Especially when I've just succumbed to the temptation of the Scan Bran cake! (And for the record, I find 1 level tablespoon of sweetener is ample).

Sorry - that's a bit of a rant! Hope I haven't offended anyone.

Sorry - that's a bit of a rant! Hope I haven't offended anyone.
Rant away - that was mild in comparison with some I've written.

I too hate all the hidden sugar and sweeteners. I was reading somewhere the other day that sugar can be as addictive as alcohol & tobacco.
And giving up sugar you can get serious withdrawal symptons.
I've never been a big sugar eater thankfully - one guilty pleasure I don't have to battle.

Now wine, that's another matter . . . where's that glass of wine you promised me Mr P? :8855:

Here is what a proper slow loser looks like to make you all feel a bit better

Well weigh in last night was 0.5lb back on again which is what I supposedly lost last week.

Still in target range as 10st 13lb so 2 lbs over target.

I am still not following maintenance and I am still eating as if I am trying to lose weight but my body isn't playing nice at the moment.

In 4 weeks since 16.07.13 I have lost precisely 0lbs and I weigh exactly the same

I lost 2 I put on 2 I lost 0.5 I put on 0.5

Not impressed as no dietary or medication changes and I am managing the gym 2 or 3 times a week

Technically I am over bmi at 26 so I know it isn't that as I should be a stone lighter so it isn't like I am in the low weight range far from it.

I am going to try 777 for 5 days - daily
7 syns
7 speed or super speed foods
7 glasses of water or liquid

I just want to get to 10st 10 by my 39th birthday at the end of September and people will say it is only 3lbs but it might as well be 30 for me

Like I said on my thread Latte - I feel your pain :cry: I am actually heavier now than I was 4 weeks ago with no reason at all why I should be :sigh:

I dread to think what is going to happen after my hospital appointment on Friday - I just know it will be more drugs that either make me gain weight or retain fluid.......... more pounds piled on :(

((( Big Hugs ))) to both of you Annya and Latte.
How you both stick with it on all the meds you're I really don't know.
I find it hard enough with just a few hormonal issues and no drugs!

Like I said on my thread Latte - I feel your pain :cry: I am actually heavier now than I was 4 weeks ago with no reason at all why I should be :sigh:

I dread to think what is going to happen after my hospital appointment on Friday - I just know it will be more drugs that either make me gain weight or retain fluid.......... more pounds piled on :(

No matter what you are told we are here to support you x

Afternoon,well normal service resumed after lasts week loss, a gain of 1 1/2lb, just got in from w.i.:banghead:Oh well will do better next week ;)

My commiserations to all those suffering from undeserved gains - been there, etc. - and know how difficult it is to grit your teeth and plod on. The only thing that helps me is to remember that I stand a chance of losing again if I stick to plan but don't have a snowball's proverbial if I don't.

I wish the SW magazine could have a few achievers who have really struggled along the way; so many of the success stories seems to be people who have lost very quickly. Or are they just the ones I remember because I'm jealous of them?

Hope you all have better 'luck' at next weigh-in.

Afternoon,well normal service resumed after lasts week loss, a gain of 1 1/2lb, just got in from w.i.:banghead:Oh well will do better next week ;)

That's a bummer Ann. Mid-week sneaky peek puts me 2.5lbs up so far this week so I could well be joining you in the mardy corner on Friday
:(

Just wondered which plan you were following this week ?

A bit of everything this week! but to be honest that weigh in was "official" but, on 3 other scales I had LOST 2 lb so have decided to stick to the other scales and am going to be doing it at home from now on. one set of scales was in the hospital !
Hubby said sw fiddle the scales so you keep going back! lol :rolleyes:

. . . Hubby said sw fiddle the scales so you keep going back! lol :rolleyes:
Sounds like your hubby has the same scepticism as mine. He's made 2 observations in the past.

1. EE - you loose slower than on Red/Green. Therefore it will take you longer to get to target . . . ergo more money for SW.
2. Why are only certain products endorsed as HexB = eg it used to be 1 Co-Op WM pitta, but now seems to be 1 WW WM pitta. SW say it's all to do with fibre content, hubby reckons its all to do with marketing deals.
He's always been a cynical old bar steward ! :D

Back