The really slow loss team!

I live in Middleton, I have lived here since I was 14 and lived in Moston when I was younger, but an originally from Glasgow.

I live in Middleton, I have lived here since I was 14 and lived in Moston when I was younger, but an originally from Glasgow.

I used to play in the Manchester Youth Orchestra. We met every holiday for a residential course which was always held at the college up there - Hopwood Hall - De La Salle Teacher Training College. Think it's been "absorbed" into something else now and the actual buildings we used look a real mess from images I've found on the web.

I am a rule breaker as I think I have lost 3lbs in 3 weeks with 1lb off a week but I need to check my book.

Weigh in tonight was a genuine surprise as I lost another 1lb which was unexpected and for me a bit worrying so will monitor it next week as I am now 2lb under target. But I am away this weekend visiting the girls so food and drink will be involved and I am going away in 4 weeks time for a week all inc in Fuerteventura with my husband so it won't last !!

I agree about scales - although I know Annya won't as she does hide hers away.

Ha-ha.... you know me too well Bev :) Seriously though, being a former anorexic means that I have a real obsessive personality when it comes to weight and food, so the safest thing for me is to leave them next door with Anjie who won't let me weigh except on a Friday no matter how much I beg! She even took my scales away with her on holiday recently so I couldn't sneak a quick peek whilst she was away :8855:(we have keys to her house just in case). Fortunately I live in the middle of nowhere and it is 12 miles to the nearest place with public scales, so no chance of a cheat there either.

It used to really bother me not being able to weigh in every day - sometimes 2 or 3 times a day - but now I enjoy that fact that I have managed to let go of that excessive control and it hasn't killed me - or made me fatter either. Indeed it has helped me not to be so obsessive generally.

Each to their own though - what is good for goose is not always good for the gander :D

I am a rule breaker as I think I have lost 3lbs in 3 weeks with 1lb off a week but I need to check my book.

Weigh in tonight was a genuine surprise as I lost another 1lb which was unexpected and for me a bit worrying so will monitor it next week as I am now 2lb under target. But I am away this weekend visiting the girls so food and drink will be involved and I am going away in 4 weeks time for a week all inc in Fuerteventura with my husband so it won't last !!

You naughty girl you. I've just checked back through your last FOUR WI's (including tonight) and you've lost 1 lb every week.
Slapped wrists!!!! :8855:But fantastic going chica.

However, you still haven't broken rule 3 I'm afraid, as this states

3. Lose more than a pound in 3 consecutive weeks and . . . well I've never worked out the penalty as noone has done it yet! :cry:

But I am going to get my thinking cap on about what the punishment has to be. Someone MIGHT just do it soon.

Guilty as charged I checked back through my book after I posted last night.

I know 4lbs in 4 weeks for some people is nothing but for me it could mean a Crohns flare as I might not be absorbing food properly since as everyone knows I am lucky to lose 1lb a month.

I honestly don't know what is happening as it is so out of character for my body but I shall take it and run as a famous woman likes to say !!

Latte, lets hope it isn't a flare up of the Crohns. That wouldn't be fair.

Ha-ha.... you know me too well Bev :) Seriously though, being a former anorexic means that I have a real obsessive personality when it comes to weight and food, so the safest thing for me is to leave them next door with Anjie who won't let me weigh except on a Friday no matter how much I beg! She even took my scales away with her on holiday recently so I couldn't sneak a quick peek whilst she was away :8855:(we have keys to her house just in case). Fortunately I live in the middle of nowhere and it is 12 miles to the nearest place with public scales, so no chance of a cheat there either.

It used to really bother me not being able to weigh in every day - sometimes 2 or 3 times a day - but now I enjoy that fact that I have managed to let go of that excessive control and it hasn't killed me - or made me fatter either. Indeed it has helped me not to be so obsessive generally.

Each to their own though - what is good for goose is not always good for the gander :D

That's the thing ..... I never told her how often I was weighing on my own scales... she did not know whether I was weighing once a week or on the hour....as it happens I tend to weigh every morning and then I write the result across that days section in my journal in big numbers with a pencil. It would be hard to just use the group weight as I am so used to using a morning weight which is less by quite a lot..... I can't wait to be a hundred and something pounds instead of two hundred and something pounds so I'm not going to go off their weights and have to wait weeks longer At the moment I am 200.6 so close and yet so far away....

I completely understand the obsessive thing ..... that's why I stopped trying to do anything about my weight in the past.... it makes me so miserable to think about it :cry:

But eventually I had to face up to it because I realised that at 50 I had reached the life expectancy in my family :eek: I had already lost 3 siblings and a niece at that point (18 months ago) and then lost another sister at Christmas. I want to be here to look after my son for as long as possible (he is 17 but has been terribly I'll for 3 years) and if I am to do that I have to make the healthiest choices possible.... I don't smoke and only during about 3 bottles of wine in a year so the only factors I can really improve are diet and exercise :eatdrink051::character00115:

You can do it bcp I know you can x

Good on you BCP - you can do this.... we can help :D

I am so sorry your life has been less than great over the past few years. I know what you mean about worrying about life expectancy: my Mum was dead at 59 from a pulmonary embolism - 5 years older than I am now - and her untimely demise was directly related to her obesity and sedentary lifestyle.

I have inherited genes from her both for obesity and thrombosis, so it makes me very twitchy. As you say, all you can do is recognise what you can change and try to do it. I don't smoke (quit nearly 10 years ago now) and very rarely drink so the only other thing I can deal with is diet and exercise. Sadly, it is hard slog for me - not only because of the 'fat genes' and the previous eating disorder but also because I take long term high dose steroids which make it nigh on impossible to lose weight..... but, like you, I AM NOT GIVING UP :p

Annya & BCP - I won't let either of you give up. YOU CAN DO THIS!

I am away tomorrow till Sunday so will catch up when I can. I hope everyone is doing well

I am away tomorrow till Sunday so will catch up when I can. I hope everyone is doing well
Enjoy your weekend away with your friends.
Me? Up and down like a yo-yo this week. Need new batteries for the scales I think

Last edited:
I gained 1.2lbs this week despite good deficits on all but one day - knew it was too good to last :wave_cry:

I gained 1.2lbs this week despite good deficits on all but one day - knew it was too good to last :wave_cry:

Sorry about the gain chica, the scales are not being kind to you are they?

Evil evil scales :whoopass: spank them.... spank them good! :bighug:

Hey peeps..... guess who's under 200lbs this morning....:confused:

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Indeed :bliss:I can't remember the last time I didn't have an evil 2 at the beginning of my weight :character00100:

Indeed :bliss:I can't remember the last time I didn't have an evil 2 at the beginning of my weight :character00100:

Mind you - it's not official until official WI on Monday!!!! :8855:

Back