The really slow loss team!

jMorning,psyching my self up for weigh in had another week off plan but hey ho :eek: Off on holiday tomorrow so hope you all hsve a good week. W ill look in depending on wi fi ..acc x

Good luck Ann! I gained this week after an unheard of two weeks on the trot losses so I am back where I started three weeks ago now for crying out loud :sigh:. You can come and join me on the sulky step if you gain too........ I could do with the company :rolleyes:.... but you never know, you might be pleasantly surprised :D

Enjoy your holiday - are you going anywhere nice or just taking time out (which I desperately need too do just now!)

Last edited:
((( Hugs ))) Annya - just keep on keeping on! I know it is really tough for you.
You are not allowed to sulk too long though, just a few hours, then get back to it woman! :D

Off to Krakow :) will deffo be in for a gain next week:rolleyes: but will enjoy it ;)
forgot to say I sts :)
Enjoy your holibobs.
A sts sounds like a good result if you've been a bit off plan. You were obviously chosing reasonably wisely and not as "off" as you thought.

Happy happy holidays :bliss:have a great time

Oh, the ups and downs and STSs of the Slow Losers Team. Thank goodness we have support from those who understand.

Yep, I'm a Sunday weigher and I've gained a pound, but I'm fine with that as it was expected and deserved - I'm really surprised it wasn't more. It's the unexpected and undeserved gains that really throw me and I need to be more sanguine about them.

Acc - I hope you have (or had, depending when you see this) a really wonderful hols.

I am just catching up as I have been away for the weekend.

Sorry to those whose scales haven't been kind this week and well done to bcp for getting under the magic figure !

I barely ate over the weekend as we were busy and I was extra careful not to eat anything that might upset my Crohns so my husband took me to the Thai buffet Chao Baby in the Trafford Centre on our way home and I had A LOT of food as I know that place is safe

Well, I'm off the naughty step.
Gained 0.1 kg - but I can live with that expecially considering what I've eaten over the week.
You guessed it - too much baguette.

Not nosy at all I just meant I have eaten there several times and not been ill so I know when things are marked with a V they really are veggie no cross contamination.
Meat is a severe Crohns trigger for me so much so I haven't eaten it since I was 16 and I am now 39. I only got diagnosed last year and suddenly a lot of my weird food history made sense.
Literally within an hour or less of eating something accidentally made with meat ie they use chicken stock instead of veggie stock I am violently ill not sick but t'other and complete loss of control.
Chinese and Thai restaurants can be notorious for using incorrect stock and just agreeing it is veggie or calling stuff veggie made with oyster sauce etc.
So if I try somewhere new it either goes on the safe list or never again in a million years like the Chinese restaurant we ate in a couple of years ago for my husband's birthday. He literally had to break the land speed limit to get me home in time.

Last edited:
Fingers crossed for a naughty step party next week!

Latte - I've never had genuine Thai food. What does that particular restaurant do which makes it safe for you? (I won't be offended if you tell me to mind my own business).
Patty - if you get the chance go and have a proper Thai meal somewhere - it isn't just all about red or green curries. It is super tasty and the variety is fantastic. It can be a bit spicey but I've never been ill either and both chilli powder and MSG make me vomit within 10 minutes of hitting my stomach. Most Thai restaurants cook from scratch and use real, fresh ingredients not "mock" ones.

Thanks for the explanation, Latte. It must be a very difficult thing to live with. I'm amazed it took so long to diagnose - were you told it was IBS? My DD suffers from that, particularly if she's stressed.

I will look out for a good Thai restaurant. I think OH would like to try it too. He loves curry - he was born in India and left when India was partitioned. Both his parents were born there as well, so the family's always eaten lots of curry. I didn't like it when we first started going out together, but have learned to love it, although I can't eat it as often as he does.

I'm not keen on Chinese food and loathe MSG. It doesn't make me ill, but I certainly know when I've had it!

And back to normal with 2lbs on not a huge surprise after Sunday but so many people would have got away with it and I only had one other main meal the whole weekend as my friend barely eats

So exactly at target

Thai food is a lot different to all other cuisines

Evening Latte - sorry about the gain but you are still at target. Rejoice - you are allowed your 3lbs either way.

Another bleeding STS :/ xx

morning all well I will head over to the naughtie step!!!! 3lb off :) Had a lovely holiday lots and lots of walking.
Hope you all have a good week I am of to the lakes on monday till friday :) will check in if wi fi ok.xx

Back