The really slow loss team!

Well I'm now in sunny but cold and windy Manchester and chaos reigns!
Mum has got the date for her 2nd cataract op - next Wednesday - so I'm (probably) not going home now on Saturday but staying with her.

However, she is currently in hospital as she has another massive UTI and was running a high temperature and talking complete and utter rubbish at 4am Wednesday morning plus she was imagining things. Thankfully the house manager heard her yelling - she doesn't seem to be able to get her head round using the emergency cords - and came in to see what the problem was.
Hopefully they'll discharge her later but I then have to get an MRSA swab sone and depending on the results of that they may or may not do the cataract.

Everything in the air!!!!

Well I'm now in sunny but cold and windy Manchester and chaos reigns!
Mum has got the date for her 2nd cataract op - next Wednesday - so I'm (probably) not going home now on Saturday but staying with her.

However, she is currently in hospital as she has another massive UTI and was running a high temperature and talking complete and utter rubbish at 4am Wednesday morning plus she was imagining things. Thankfully the house manager heard her yelling - she doesn't seem to be able to get her head round using the emergency cords - and came in to see what the problem was.
Hopefully they'll discharge her later but I then have to get an MRSA swab sone and depending on the results of that they may or may not do the cataract.

Everything in the air!!!!

What a bummer Bev :(

Just caught up bev you poor thing x

BCP - ((( Big hugs ))) coming your way. As Annya said, shout up if we can help.

There are more details on my diary but basically my daughter was receiving life saving treatment with an 80 percent chance of survival.... on Monday it had to be stopped as her kidneys were failing and there was no alternative treatment...

BUT.... amazing news today she has been back to the hospital and has minimal damage to her other organs which will heal and there is now no sign of the auto immune disease which was killing her.... she will have to have injections for the rest of her life, but she now has a life to look forward to

HI BCP - fantastic that your daughter has had some good news.
((( Hugs ))) to you both

Amazing news BCP. I am a pancreatic islet cell transplant recipient and on long term high dose steroids and low dose chemo for the rest of my life. Can be a bit up and down sometimes and steroids are not conducive to weight loss, but hey 'tis better than the alternative.

Be strong and long may your daughter be well. I was given 6 months to live 12 years ago and was told the transplant would likely only give me another 5 years tops but I am still here and fighting (well, most of the time anyway!).

BCP that is fantastic news long may it continue

And annya as ever I bow down to your strength and determination x

Amazing news BCP. I am a pancreatic islet cell transplant recipient and on long term high dose steroids and low dose chemo for the rest of my life. Can be a bit up and down sometimes and steroids are not conducive to weight loss, but hey 'tis better than the alternative.

Be strong and long may your daughter be well. I was given 6 months to live 12 years ago and was told the transplant would likely only give me another 5 years tops but I am still here and fighting (well, most of the time anyway!).

That my dear is because you are.....:superwoman: xx

My gawd . . . the thought of a fly past with 2 dobbies in tow is a scarey thought! :rotflmao:

It's supposed to be good luck if a birdie poops on you...... but I have to draw the line somewhere ;)

Out of hiding now ladies 1/2 OFF :) pleased with that any loss is a good loss.
Have a good weekend x

Well done Ann - you are doing so well with regular losses.... they can't all be whoppers!

Onwards and downwards :D

Last edited:
Stepped up to - or rather, on to - the plate this morning and found I've managed to maintain from 2 weeks ago, despite my major lapse over last weekend.

So pleased I've managed to hang on to that 4st sticker!

Delighted for you Patty x

Evening peeps (or is it morninag as it is now 00:20 ????).
Well done Patty on agreat maintain despite the lapse, and Acc - just keep on moving downwards even if only in little chunks now !!!!

Still no official WI for me but I hopped on my friends scales yesterday morning and I'm just praying that hers read more than mine.
I was showing a 2.5 kg gain for the last 2 weeks.
FFS that's 5½ lbs - and puts me exactly a stone over target. :eek:

Booger :cry:

Well done for the maintain. It is always better then a gain.

Pomme you have so much going on at the moment try not to worry about the scales.

Official post holiday weigh in was 2lb on which I am content with. It puts me 1lb over target which is still in target range so that suits me just fine.
I would like to lose next week to get under target again but got two meals out planned

Back