The really slow loss team!

Thank you ladies. You're all echoing what the lovely Pom said a while ago.

I'd hoped to get to 10st 4lb at worst, and into the 9st bracket at best, but it seems that my body says otherwise. Perhaps it is unrealistic to expect to be able to maintain a weight at 56 that I couldn't sustain in my 30s, so I have decided that this is 'it' and I'm calling target at 10st 7lb which is a 4st loss.

I have a feeling that I've done the easy bit and that the hard work is just starting!

Good call chica. And you're right, maintaining is the hard part.
You just need to change your mindset a little and start to THINK like a slim person.
Slim people gain and lose naturally. So it's okay to put on a bit one week, so long as your rein back the next week and shed it straight away.
Otherwise you'll keep gaining and be back on the slippery slope.

Don't know if I've posted this on here before but I found this on a very interesting website about age, weight and BMI.

AGE ADJUSTED BMI FOR WOMEN
AgeNormal BMI Range
Under 4520 to 25
45 to 5422 to 27
55 to 6523 to 28
Over 6524 to 29

This was one of the main reasons I decided that a BMI of 26 was okay for me at 56 too (now 58 grrrrr)

BMI isn't the be-all and end-all, as so many other factors come into play as well.
But it's a reasonable guide and starting point.

I have a huge skeleton - my bone structure is much bigger than my hubs - and there is absolutley no way I could get back to the 9:5 that I was at age 20 when when I got married. I was positively skinny but I was obsessed with looking thin on my wedding pics!

My target was 2 stone higher than that and I managed to just drifted up and down for 18 months staying within range.
I did it by not going back to my old habits but I still allowied myself treats along the way.

Not a good example though at the mo as I'm 7 lbs up! Grrrrr

You can do this chica, go you.

Well - I weighed in on my own scales today, having shown a massive gain on my friends scales in the UK
Our scales must be miles apart as I've actually lost 0.3 kgs (0.66 lbs) in the last 3 weeks according to mine.
After 2 days back at home I'm now firmly back on track for a low carb red week.

Thanks Ann - it's good to be back, although it ain't much warmer here than Manchester.
I was soooooooo cold in bed on Sunday night, I was warm enough last night mind.
We put both our duvets on last night, plus padded throw plus lecky blanket. :)

Well - I weighed in on my own scales today, having shown a massive gain on my friends scales in the UK
Our scales must be miles apart as I've actually lost 0.3 kgs (0.66 lbs) in the last 3 weeks according to mine.
After 2 days back at home I'm now firmly back on track for a low carb red week.

Nice to have you home x

Glad it was a phantom gain...... those scale elf jumping on behind you.... little devils :D

Welcome back Pom and, as always, many thanks for your words of wisdom.

What a relief that your friend's scales are the ones weighing heavy. It's so tempting to hop onto any set of scales around despite the fact that we know the only weight that matters is the one on our regular set!

Congratulations on getting back on plan and good luck.

Scales are evil.

I was convinced I had a gain and was dreading tonight but it was a rather pleasant STS which I am more then ok with as only 1lb over target and still in comfort zone.

Going to the good food show in Birmingham this wwekend where there is lots of food and drink samples plus we have planned a picnic in the hotel room instead of an evening meal so all bets are off as it is a weekend away !

Scales are evil.

I was convinced I had a gain and was dreading tonight but it was a rather pleasant STS which I am more then ok with as only 1lb over target and still in comfort zone.

Going to the good food show in Birmingham this wwekend where there is lots of food and drink samples plus we have planned a picnic in the hotel room instead of an evening meal so all bets are off as it is a weekend away !

Oh lovely enjoy :)

Enjoy your weekend Latte - love the idea of a picnic in the hotel room. Sounds fab!

Really am resigning now ladies 1.5 lboff...
so I will wish you all the best and onwards and downwards xxxxxxxxx
Ann
ps . will pop in to say hello x

Last edited:
Really am resigning now ladies 1.5 lboff...
so I will wish you all the best and onwards and downwards xxxxxxxxx
Ann
ps . will pop in to say hello x

Well done chica - I wish you could pass on the secret of your success to the rest of us!
keep us updated with how you are doing.

Well done Ann - you seem to have got it cracked :D Don't be a stranger though, will you ?:bighug:

Morning chicas - cold and wet weekend here. I'm freezing!

WI this morning and I gained - 1.1 kgs (2½ lbs). . . most of it overnight last night.
Do not ask, do not comment, as I'm hopping mad.
I wasn't that naughty yesterday . . . although I did have a white baguette for lunch so I've only myself to blame.

Last edited:
I am also thinking of bowing out acc as it just seems silly to post 1 up 1 down etc when maintaining.

Although I reckon tomorrow weigh in will be a shock as I was at the Good Food Show at the weekend so lots of free samples of bread crisps and cheese amongst other things.

I am debating skipping weigh in on Tuesday as I don't want to fall out of target.

Pomme I am sure that is just white carb bloat x

I suppose I should bow out too, now that I'm (trying) to maintain. I fear I will be back in January!

Can we rename it 'The Really Slow Loss and Struggling Maintainers Team?! I feel I've made some lovely friends on here and there doesn't seem to be another team I feel sympatico with!

Hi peeps....

I am up about half a pound from last week.... I don't know whether it's because my period is due or because I have eaten a couple of off plan things (but no with out thinking about it.... I went to a bring and share lunch and had an Irish coffee and an individual apple pie at the Christmas fair yesterday).... It's probably a combination of the two things :D... it's fine though because I will not be going to many Christmas celebrations.... Hubby is going to be off five days over Christmas and working over new year .... so I will be relaxing with the food over his days off but that should be about it.

Hi
I'm new and would like to join please. I need to lose about one and a half stone. I'm struggling at the moment so I hope this thread will motivate me.
Good Luck to everyone.:)
Ann x

Back