The really slow loss team!

I'm a Bah Humbug and don't celebrate Christmas really.
It's all got a bit too commercial for my liking now.

But I'm looking forward to a walk on the beach on Xmas morning as that's quite tranditional here in Spain!

I think that things can only be commercial if you buy into it .... pun intended :D..... I know I love my deccies, but they are something I have been collecting for ever and each one has memories attached, as were are getting them out we talk about other Christmases they remind us of.... I have a beautiful set of hanging tree decorations which are children from different countries and as I hang them I pray for the children of that country....

We haven't done Christmas cards for ever... my son gets a present and so does my grandson but we don't really exchange presents apart from that..... I love the build up of Advent which is the beginning of the church year, the readings then hold a special place in my heart. It is a time for counting our blessings and thinking of those who have less than we do.

One and a half pounds off, so more than achieved my aim for last week - just 1/2lb over target. Happy, happy, happy!

However, DD and partner arrived for Christmas yesterday (happy about that too!) and so things will slip a bit although I will keep things as SW friendly as possible. I've left them with a SW dessert to make for tonight!

I probably won't be around for the next few days, so I'd like to wish all members of the team a very Happy Christmas and thank you for all your support. I have a feeling I will be needing it again when we get to the 'other side'!

Well done Patty. I think you've sent your loss to me! :)
Another gain of 0.6 kg (1½ lbs) leaving me at 10lbs over target.
I've not had a good week :cry:. News on mum not good and I've been comforting eating - big time.
Lots of white baguettes, toad-in-the-hole etc etc

Since I declared my plan to get back to target on 14th Octobner I've lost a massive 0.1 kg.
Hey ho - 2014 here we come. It really is going in the new year!

49842-albums3274-picture117170.jpg

49842-albums3274-picture116941.jpg

And a happy Hew Year.
Enjoy yourselves but just remember Auntie Bev is looking over your shoulder and screaming "Don't eat too much pod"
Basic Xmas dinner is fine - I'm convinced they put some something in the xams pud and cake that is makes us eat more :8855:

I'm convinced they put some something in the xams pud and cake that is makes us eat more

Yes, its called copious amounts of alcohol - well there is in mine :8855::8855::8855::8855:

One and a half pounds off, so more than achieved my aim for last week - just 1/2lb over target. Happy, happy, happy!

However, DD and partner arrived for Christmas yesterday (happy about that too!) and so things will slip a bit although I will keep things as SW friendly as possible. I've left them with a SW dessert to make for tonight!

I probably won't be around for the next few days, so I'd like to wish all members of the team a very Happy Christmas and thank you for all your support. I have a feeling I will be needing it again when we get to the 'other side'!

Brilliant loss xx

Hey guys - I've just subscribed to this thread as I've been on SW 3 weeks and have only had a net 0.5lb loss so far....! I used to do a lot of exercise so although I still ate healthily, I didn't have to worry too much about the odd extra calories. However in the last few months I've been diagnosed with M.E and have been unable to exercise at all, hence the weight gain :mad: v frustrating! I'm doing purely Green days as I'm a veggie, and I'm hoping to lose a stone in total.

Just wanted to say hi! :p

One and a half pounds off, . . .
Oops, just realised I should have sent you to the naughty step! Think you might be a tad lonely though for a while . . . :8855:

Welcome KatieCupcake - lovely to have you along.
It might be a bit quiet though for the next couple of weeks as I think a fair few of us aren't weighing on!
Have a good christmas chica.
I'll probably still be around over th enext couple of weeks but otherwise see you again in 2014!

Hey guys - I've just subscribed to this thread as I've been on SW 3 weeks and have only had a net 0.5lb loss so far....! I used to do a lot of exercise so although I still ate healthily, I didn't have to worry too much about the odd extra calories. However in the last few months I've been diagnosed with M.E and have been unable to exercise at all, hence the weight gain :mad: v frustrating! I'm doing purely Green days as I'm a veggie, and I'm hoping to lose a stone in total.

Just wanted to say hi! :p

hi honey.... lovely to meet you x Welcome Aboard

Welcome Katie :D

Hi Katie and welcome to the team. You'll find us a friendly lot and you'll get plenty of support. Joining this group was the best decision I've made, apart from joining SW that is!

I hope all members enjoyed their Christmas and that no-one has been affected by this terrible weather. Good luck to all those planning to get back on plan. I've restarted today and it's going well so far. I already feel better for it which I hope will help me avoid temptations - and there are still too many of them around!!

Afternoon chicas - well I was extremely good on Xmas day - but we actually had our "big" meal yesterday with friends.
Can't say I was so good then. But back on plan today!
Bring on 2014. I am going to get rid of this gain . . .

Woohooo........ time to tackle that fat.... back on plan for me today :D

Hi Margaret - nice to see you here. You'll be in good company if you're a slow loser.
At the moment there's quite a few of us just about keeping stable on here.
But we'll all get there eventually!

Welcome Margaret from a fellow old rock chick and slow loser. I have been having a rest from dieting for a couple of months - long story - but will be back on it in January. It will definitely be VERY slow and probably more like maintaining one stone over target than losing if the past is anything to go by!

Back