The really slow loss team!

Hiya Lou - I'm doing great in most things although I gained 10 lbs due to stress-induced comfort eating.
I'm back on the way down again though now.

How are you chica?

Hi there Lou, long time no 'see'. Nowt much changes for me and my weight continues to be up and down like fiddler's elbow, but hey things could be a lot worse and there are much more important things in my life than seeing a loss every week.

Hope you are good too xxx

Weigh in for me later so I will report back in properly

Well done to this weeks losers so far x

Welcome back Lou

I lost 1.5lbs last night so I am out of the danger zone as back in the 10s at 10 12.5 which makes me feel better

Would like to lose 2.5lb more but I realise that might take a bit longer especially as next week will be star week and I am trying to get back to the gym which always has an impact of no weight loss.

To be honest in order to lose that weight I missed breakfast a few days and also only had one proper meal on Saturday although that wasn't planned it just happened.
We had a massive grill up for brunch went into town late and didn't get back till 9pm due to diversions as someone had fallen under a tram so it was too late to have a decent hot meal.

It is a shame I have to eat that way to lose a bit and I know it isn't sustainable plus my body gets used to it too quickly and the weight loss stops. I only tend to get one week out of it before it doesn't work and I only do it every few weeks if that

Well done Latte. If you are happy to skip breakfast and it works for you, then I don't see why you should have it. I think even SW is coming round to that point of view judging by the latest magazine. My niece lost a lot of weight with SW (and inspired me to join) never ate breakfast.

I agree that Saturday was not ideal, but you had extenuating circumstances so you shouldn't feel guilty.

Good luck for this week.

. . .To be honest in order to lose that weight I missed breakfast a few days and also only had one proper meal on Saturday although that wasn't planned it just happened.
Well done on the loss chica - even if it did mean skipping a few things.
When I first started SW I made myself have breakfast - usually just fruit and yoghurt as that is all I could manage.
I've never been a breakfast eater unfortunately and I find it hard to eat until I've been awake for at least 2 or 3 hours. Tea is all I can face.

Second time round I decided that forcing myself to eat breakfast was pointless and I reverted to just having my cuppas.
It didn't seem to affect my weight loss that much - everyone said it would slow it down as I wouldn't be eating enough.
But in fact at times it helped me lose faster - well it did at the start although I slowed to tortoise pace again pretty quickly.

Well done Latte. If you are happy to skip breakfast and it works for you, then I don't see why you should have it. I think even SW is coming round to that point of view judging by the latest magazine. My niece lost a lot of weight with SW (and inspired me to join) never ate breakfast.
I don't get the mag Patty - what did it say?

It's an article entitled 'Slim some more in your 24' and in the sub-section 'Breeze through breakfast' which gives a few ideas for brekkie is the sentence 'If you struggle to eat first thing, though, that's absolutely fine. There's no one-size-fits-all rule - just do what works best for you'.

I think SW used to find/think that being able to have a full English in the morning was something which attracted people to the plan, but are now beginning to find it isn't. When I started just a few years ago I used to feel the suggested weekly menus meant I would be doing nothing but cook and there was no way I was going to cook at breakfast time!

Despite being Unwell went to get weighed only didn't stay to group as missed first week weigh in and not wanting to lose my way completely. So was 19.13 and in 2 weeks lost 5 lb am now 19.8..as has happened many times in my life..oh well 5 needed off til next stone bracket.. Good luck everybody *

Despite being Unwell went to get weighed only didn't stay to group as missed first week weigh in and not wanting to lose my way completely. So was 19.13 and in 2 weeks lost 5 lb am now 19.8..as has happened many times in my life..oh well 5 needed off til next stone bracket.. Good luck everybody *

Well done chica - that's a great start.
But get on over to the naughty step and get your purse out - 2.5 per week is hare pace, not tortoise.
Mine's a Vodka & Diet Coke please

Hi peeps.... I have popped in to pick your collective brains....

Can anyone think of any possible reason why my cholesterol has gone up since I've been on this diet.... I thought it would have gone down not up so I'm flummoxed :confused:

Are you eating lots of eggs? as I think too many eggs can raise it.
I don't eat any more than I did before.... very maximum of 5 in a week, but usually less and I believe that is within the most up to date recommendations

Eggs have had a bad press in the past but the current thinking is that only saturated fat matters and SW is Brilliant for reducing the amount of that in the diet!

I assume it's the LDL figure that has gone up? If it's the HDL figure, then that is good. Reasons for a high LDL reading include high blood pressure, an underlying illness, such as a kidney or liver disease, and an under active thyroid. If there is a history of early heart disease in the family then there may be a genetic reason.

Did your doctor give you the figures and most importantly, offer any advice?

Eggs have had a bad press in the past but the current thinking is that only saturated fat matters and SW is Brilliant for reducing the amount of that in the diet!

I assume it's the LDL figure that has gone up? If it's the HDL figure, then that is good. Reasons for a high LDL reading include high blood pressure, an underlying illness, such as a kidney or liver disease, and an under active thyroid. If there is a history of early heart disease in the family then there may be a genetic reason.

Did your doctor give you the figures and most importantly, offer any advice?

He printed off a sheet for me of avoid .... go easy... and tuck in foods.... just in case anything jumped out but it all fitted in with the way I have been eating...

I do have an under active thyroid, but that's not a new factor...

The only thing I can think of is that since doing sw I don't use olive oil and I have heard that can reduce cholesterol

I use olive oil in a spray and syn it :rolleyes: *whispers* sometimes
If you only spray as much as you would with Fry Light then the syns are negliible.
Like you I don't syn it as I reckon I use less than 1/2 tsp which is less than 1/2 syn :)
If you spray with gay abandon and whack a tblsp in then in needs synning.

Back