The really slow loss team!

Am not sure ... I know what to do but just can't get it together ..feel old ugly boring n sad... How can I have spent my whole life trying to get slim n ended up fatter than ever.. Pardon my gripes x

Am not sure ... I know what to do but just can't get it together ..feel old ugly boring n sad... How can I have spent my whole life trying to get slim n ended up fatter than ever.. Pardon my gripes x

That's why we are all here to give and get support.....

I think you may just have hit the nail on the head.... you have spent your whole life trying to get slim.... what about trying to get healthy.... trying to be happy... trying to have fun... trying to relax... trying not to give your self such a hard time.....

Life doesn't start when you are slim.... I know of so many people who are waiting till they are slim to____________ (fill in the blank) get married, go swimming, try for a new job.... the list goes on and on.....

Get a grip on this......... your are an awesome person in an amazing body...... every breath is a miracle of engineering ......

whether you weighed 7 stone or 57 it would still be the same body, the same person, the same you xx

I'm sure you are none of the things you say you are. Most of us have struggled with negative images of ourselves at some point and, unfortunately, there seems to be something about being overweight which makes us feel worthless in many different ways. I know exactly what you mean about spending your life trying to get slim but getting fatter and I was in my 50s before I found Slimming World, but things didn't 'click' the first time I tried it. I was inspired to try again by the success my niece was having and, somehow, things fell into place. It hasn't been easy - it's taken me over 3 years to lose 4 stones - and there have been times when I've been really fed up and wondered why I bothered but, after a short period of time, I come to my senses again and get back on it.

Do you plan your day's menus so that you can set yourself a target of getting through just one day at a time? Perhaps keep a diary on here - you'll soon pick up some friends who will support you on your journey and the act of writing might help you clarify things in your mind and you will start to find things easier.

I wish you the very best for this coming week.

Linda.....

I would highly recommend a book called Stop the Insanity by Susan Powter..... Disclaimer.... Susan Powter is as mad as a bucket of frogs....

Although though Susan is a Low Fat guru, that is not really what this book is about.... it's about how someone who felt exactly like you do today changed her life.... which changed her body.... she wasn't chasing skinny anymore.... she just wanted to feel better.... PS it will probably make you cry xx

Grrrrrrr - posted last night and Minis has lost my post. In fact it's lost quite a few.

Linda - I think loads of us have been through this syndrome at some point in our lives.
Been there, seen it, done that and even bought the t-shirt.

No way are you old! If you want OLD then I'm here.
Not quite old enough to be your mum but been with Mr Pom 41 years this May so nearly.
And I'm sure Patty and Polly and Annya won't mind me saying they're all older than you too.
So that's scuppered that one.

BCP is right though. Stop focussing on getting slim and find a new focus. This was what really helped me.

Like Patty said I didn't do anything about my weight until I was in my early 50's when we moved to Spain.
I set out though just to lose a couple of stone to help my arthritis. Did it and then lost the plot.
I thought "Beggar it, my arthritis feels okay and I've had enough of this bleddy dieting lark" - so stopped.
Fortunately I managed not to gain it back and stayed the same for 3 years.
Until we had friends come to stay for Xmas and New Year in 2010/11 - and I gained about 7 lbs in 7 days and my new jeans wouldn't do up!

I wanted to get back into those blumin' jeans - so I lost the 7 lbs and then something clicked. I had my epiphany / revelation moment.
I didn't want to lose the weight as such any more. Buggar the weight - I just wanted to look better.
And for me - no-one else - purely for me.
So here I am - almost 5 stone lighter than I started and feeling much better about me and my image.
Yes I have bad days still and my weight goes up and down a bit. So I just rein it in for a few weeks, lose the gain and get back to target.

One thing though I will say, and I've said it to lots of lovely peeps on Minis.
You have to WANT to lose the weigh, and to lose it for yourself.
Not just feel as though you NEED to do - or do it for anyone else.
Once you get your mind around this your body will just sort of follow.

I shed a lot of tears when I had my epiphany and realised I looked like a sack of old spuds - but the tears helped me focus on why I wanted to lose the weight.
To look better which would help to sort out some of my aches and pains from my arthritis.

You CAN do this chica and you CAN keep it off. That's what SW is all about as I'm sure yu already know.
We're all her to help and support you along the way.

So so true Pomme you can only lose weight for yourself and if you arent in the right mind set then it just wont happen.

I reckon Ihave lost and gained and lost again maybe 18stone since I was 13 and I will be 40 this year and if I am not 100% committed to losing weight then I just know I wont and it is a wasted effort

You will get there and you want to get there I promise and we have all been there and we are all here to help

How do you feel about this? Pleased, disappointed? Try to accept the STS as a great achievement and keep on plodding - I promise you your weight will drop again if you stick to plan. I had many weeks, even at the beginning, when I didn't lose anything.

PS you might find it useful to put in a few mini-goals as it can be a long way between the different stone brackets. Have you come across the 'daily goal' thread ( in Off-Topics I think)? It's quite new and I've found it helpful.

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-off-topic/334534-daily-achievable-goals.html

Thanks everyone... I guess it comes down to self like n happiness... I have neither.. Have bad skin on body that no amount of dieting would help.. Even though am white skinned have vitiligo like Yvette from most haunted.. So backs of hands, inner wrists ,thighs ,elbows have white patches against light olive of normal skin... In winter not really as noticeable... But if I ever got sun on me n ran those areas stay white like a giraffe... Don't expect folk to understand is an immune system problem .. Also after a trigeminal nerve attack a couple of years ago where one side of my face and head went numb some idiot doctor wants to diagnosis MS... Well *uck that I never went back for any further tests an nurses where I used to work said could be so many different things.. Not gonna have the spinal tap test... Just wanna make myself well... I also have bad skin on my oversized boobs.. Blackheads n acne...don't I sound lovely eh... SORRY if I've out you all off your dinner .. Just wanted to give perspective on my physical hence my mental state...good luck all *

Oh Linda - I just want to give you a hug. I'm sorry you feel like you do but I can understand why. It might not be possible to do much about the pigmentation or nerve issues, but your skin is most likely to improve on the SW plan and as you lose weight there is less skin to be a problem anyway! Being large and/or having a problem with your body does not make you unlovable or any less deserving of consideration than the slimmest, most perfect person you can think of. (And just so you know where I'm coming from, I'm seriously deaf, so I've had to confront issues as well).

One thing you can do something about though, is your weight and I really hope you can get in a place where you can begin to tackle it - if that is what you want to do.

There are plenty of people on Minis who have faced, and still are facing, serious medical problems so you will get plenty of support on here.

Well, weighed in today and my loss this month is.....................................a princely 1.5lbs!!

I am not complaining - I could have gained :rolleyes:
I remain one of the stalwart slow losers ;)

Well, weighed in today and my loss this month is.....................................a princely 1.5lbs!!

I am not complaining - I could have gained :rolleyes:
I remain one of the stalwart slow losers ;)

Congratulations on your loss and on sticking to it xx

at least there's no naughty step for you

I just looked back and I don't think I confessed that when I weighted myself on Monday I had lost 2.2lbs ...... hangs head in shame ;)

Well, weighed in today and my loss this month is.....................................a princely 1.5lbs!! I am not complaining - I could have gained :rolleyes: I remain one of the stalwart slow losers ;)

A loss is still a loss, however slow. I have great admiration for your perseverance.

And Princess - you amaze me with your dedication to losing weight and all your exercise. Phew - I'm worn out on your behalf, but I'm sure I can make the naughty step party!

As for me - 3/4lb on which puts me at 10st 10.25lbs so just out of target range. I'm going to take my 4st sticker off as punishment and it will stay off until I earn it back. I fear that may take some time as I go on a week's holiday in 2 weeks.

Bodies who can fathom them....

It's the week after my period when I expect the best loss.... kept within my syns.... 7 exercise sessions this week.... put 0.2 of a lb on :rolleyes:

Back