The really slow loss team!

Well done Patty on teh STS.
A gain for me of 0.4 kg (about a pound) putting me exactly back where I was 13 weeks ago when I started on my quest to get back to target. :(

:( :( :( Bev

Hi Peeps - well I'm back from a cold and wet 10 days in Blighty.
I faced the scales this morning and it was just a mere 0.1 kg gained - and that will probably be water retention from the flight.
I can live with that! :woohoo:
Let's see if I can shift that by Monday.

Well done Margaret, Patty & Bev. I only check in once a month as I don't weigh more frequently..... absolutely no point! This thread does tend to wax and wane a bit - so don't worry, it's nothing you said Patty :8855::8855:

Just popping in, I am trying weight watchers filling and healthy pretty similar to slimming world but still as slow as ever with the losses. I hope everyone else is doing good.

Traitor! Not that I can talk - see below. Whatever plan you choose to do, I wish you luck.

Well done Margaret, Patty & Bev. I only check in once a month as I don't weigh more frequently..... absolutely no point! This thread does tend to wax and wane a bit - so don't worry, it's nothing you said Patty :8855::8855:

Lol! Always nice to see you Annya - hope you're feeling better than last time you called by.

I'm currently 1lb below target - actually a bit more but I always round up to the nearest 1/2lb.

Since early February, I've been doing the 16:8 fast diet, where you don't eat for 16 hours and fit all your food into an 8 hour 'window'. In practice, this means I eat only between noon and 8pm (sometimes 1pm and 9pm), so I end up having just two meals a day - usually porridge and fruit for lunch and a main meal in the evening and sticking to SW principles for my meals and snacks. This has enabled me to maintain, despite sometimes going off the rails.

However, over the last two weeks, I've also done the 5:2 fast diet, cutting down to 650-700 calories a day which I find more friendly than the advocated 500. The first week I did to counteract a real 'stuffing myself stupid' weekend and because I found that quite easy, I did the second week as a pre-emptive strike against an Indian meal out and Easter. I've found combining the two (or is it 3?) plans quite easy and because I use the 700cal days to have things which aren't free on SW, it makes life a bit more interesting.

Well, as you know, I am a calorie counter as 'free' food weight control methods are just not an option for me as I overeat and gain weight!

Sadly, becasue my steroid dose is so high and I take a cocktail of other drugs that not only slow metabolic rate but also make you retain water, there isn't much weight loss going on. Latest round of blood tests are showing no improvement (although no deterioration either which is good!) so I can't cut back on any meds which essentially means I can't lose weight :sigh:

Still, the alternative is basically to be a slim corpse, and I know which one I will chose!!

Annya - ((( Big Hugs ))) to you.
How you even continue at times when all your meds mean so little result amazes me.

Well, the alternative is to look like Hattie Jaques :eek:

I have great admiration for the way you persevere Annya. There have been many times when I could have done with learning from you.

Even the Hattie Jacques look is preferable to the slim corpse look. (Does anyone else find that conjures up an image of Helena Bonham-Carter in some sort of Tim Burton film?)

Some work, some play over Easter Patty :D We had a good friend from Kent come to stay for the week, so I am not holding out much hope for any loss next week on my monthly weigh in ...... probably a gain TBH :eek::cry:

Quiet Easter for us an neither of us "believe" so it's nothing special.
No chocky either - I resisted the Lindt bunny I brought back from the UK.
In fact Mr Pom manfully ate it all for me. :8855: So bang went his diet

Managed to lose some weight this time - after lost of gains in a row.
Finally got my head back in gear and I've gone totally back to basics.
Books out, logging everything again and trying lots of new recipes.
No cheating (well . . . only a little bit) and really trying to shift this 4.9 kg (10+ lbs) over target.
No date set - just going to get there.

Another lb off so two under target. Very happy as I wanted to be near the bottom of target range by the time we go away in two weeks. However, I've got a dinner to attend on Wednesday evening and then I'm meeting a friend for lunch on Thursday so this state of weight may be temporary!

Hope everyone's well.

As you long as you know the reason Patty, even if it can't all be explained. You bang on target - so rejoice :)

I gained a bit last week - was a bit naughty over the weekend
But then lost some this week - was a bit naughty Thurs/Fri but reined it in big time over the weekend.
Now "only" 4.5 kg over target (under 10 lbs)

Having a red week and going to try to totally avoid processed carbs.

How is everyone - it's gone very quiet on here.

Maintained this week so last week's gain was a true gain. Ah well - it was my own fault. Still at target though, so happy enough although disappointed with myself for not managing my aim of being at the lower end of target range.

This will probably be my last posting before we go away although I may pop in whilst away, particularly if the weather isn't too good and assuming I can get a signal etc. Hope everyone has a good week.

Morning gang. How is everyone? Still awfilly quiet on here.

I've lost 0.4 kgs this week (just under 0.9 lb) but happy with that as although food has been good, the wine has been naughty :cry:
It means I'm now 4.1 kg over - so less than 9 lbs. Slowly moving back down again.

Back