the reason i started ww

phill1978

wants to get slim
i was happy stuffing my face and ignoring my weight, that as until feb of this year after going to the doctors and weighing 26 stone the doctor gave me 2 choices 1, keep on the path i was on and suffer with heart problems ( dad died at 50 of heart attack , he was fit and healthy) and diabetes (had test and sugar levels was bad) or 2, start a diet and healthy lifestyle change, thankfully I choose option 2 now 44 pound lighter I feel better and determined to lose more weight, I thought I would share my story with you all now I have been posting on the forums for a while, its a reminder for me when I have a bad day to keep on track and remember why Im doing ww

Its always good to reflect back on the reasons we started ww. Like you I had a health wake up call only problem is I am only now getting myself together - 8 years later but better than never.

I was diagnosed diabetic at that time and have managed to control this by diet alone so all not lost. The complications of diabetes scared the pants off me for a while. Now I really want to lose weight rather than feel I have to I am finding it easier.

You have done really well and improved your health risks no end, so big well done for that. Sometimes we concentrate on how we look with weight loss but the health benefits have got to be more important.

Back