The right thing to do?

beaky31

Im going to be quite open and honest here but having previously suffered from depression and being off medication successfully for 18 months, the last couple of months i have found the monster creeping its way back in and i have tried to fight it off and not let it win but it is firmly getting a grip on me now. Im off to the doctors this afternoon for some help and advice. I cant say exactly what is causing it as i havent had any triggers but i will beat it again!

Has anyone else suffered with depression and did you carry on with the diet whilst on medication? I am going to ask my doctor but Im not sure if i should carry on or not right now but to be honest i dont want to eat anything anyway at the moment.

Thanks Beaky

I've battled depression for pretty much all of my life. I'm glad you're going back to the Dr!

As for the diet side of things, I think it's just completely up to you. I've done this diet before (quite a few years back) and I was on both antidepressants & anti anxiety medications at the time, it didn't affect me in any way, but everyone is different. I think it might be one of those things where you just have to take it day by day, y'know?

Hope you get the help you need x

Thanks for the advice I think that whilst the meds are kicking in I am just going to eat really healthily when I feel like it. Im sure once im back on track with my emotions I'll be able to get back on the diet fingers crossed :)

Back