The Salad dressing minefield.

Shadaca

Silver Member
What do you guys on ss+ have on your salad?

Fat free / calorie free /carb free don't seem to exist.

I need inspiration, and something to mix tuna with!

I just looked for a fat free, as low cal as possible & no citric acid.
Think it was a kraft italian dressing??? not sure but it was on offer in Tesco the other week.

xx

was stood for ages in tesco comparing them all. :D xxx

I have a honey and mustard 1% fat one from Sainsburys (their own brand) and on the odd occasion I have salad I literally use as little as possible! But I need something lol. Haven't knocked myself out of ketosis yet so must be doing something right :)

I use hellmens (sp?) 0% fat viniagrette which is completely lush! Think you can pretty much pick it up at any big supermarket.

0% fat Vinegarette? Isn't that just vinegar??? lol

I use a few drops of balsalmic vinegar on its own. Balsamic does have some sugar in it, but with the amounts I use (minuscule) I think hardly matters. I cannot stand artificial tastes in salad dressing - and my salad is such a treat compared to the heavily processed CD shakes, that I feel it's worth the risk.

i havent had any but what about 0% fat free greek yogurt and perhaps have a scrunch of pepper in it?

or is that a no no?

or couldnt you use a small amount of plain cottage cheese as a dressing with pepper and some herbs mixed in .. i used to have this on salad before cambridge instead of a brought dressing

Back