The sale didn't fall through!!!

I will succeed!!!
*runs around screaming*

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

:bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:

As you'll all know, I live in the village outside Cockermouth, but we own(ed) a flat in the town itself (on Market Place which flooded). Last week we were worried it would get hit and the sale would fall through - and were lucky that we escaped that.

But he started showing signs of pulling out anyway, so we were preparing for it and planning to rent out (we haven't rented as wasn't allowed, but we were going to fight to let us cause of the floods etc).

Anyway, this morning he wanted more money towards him buying it (grrr) and played on fact town was messed up. We called bluff and said that had he not dragged a simple sale (no chains, 80% deposit) out for 15weeks!!! that it should have completed weeks ago and he's cost us more in mortgage payments. And that given we didn't flood, we would be able to rent it.

It worked - we exchanged and just got call to say completed.

We're finally, 1 year on, down to 1 mortgage. Absolutely brassic broke as it's cost us most of our savings in mortgage payments and fact we sold at a loss, but we're so happy - we've been VERY VERY lucky!

Woohoo - we can relax before Christmas now and start saving up. Phew!

We are SO lucky this happened.

That's fab news - am so so pleased for you xxx

Well done, that's brilliant news. X

Thanks guys! We're both very happy :)

xxx

Oh Huney! That's just the news you needed! Congratulations!

That's fab news, bet you're sighing with relief this evening. xxx

Thanks everyone. Handed the keys in to estate agent - it's sad (I bought it on own and first owned place) but I am just relieved to lose the burden and financial side of it.

Woohoo - spare cash!

Back