The shrinking of Fatgirlslim74!!!!!

fatgirlslim74

Determind to do it!!!!!!!
I started atkins last thursday after losing weight on a vlcd. I finished the first diet in december, did really well keeping it off, then come the new year I just went plain stupid and put on nearly a stone. After messing around trying to lose it again, flitting from vlcd to atkins and failing at both, I decided to give atkins one last push. This is the start.

I have found it very hard to get into the atkins way, as I am a huge carb addict, especially at more 'hormonal' times of the month, which seem to be getting worse the older I get. I get totally blown up with fluid retention and just general fatness.

Well, I have finally cracked it and no longer eat or crave carbs, but have not lost much weight, seem to be maintaining more than losing, think I need to be strict, but I do not have too much to lose, so maybe my body won't give it up so easily as it did on the vlcd.

I really enjoy reading all the posts on this forum, it helps me to focus. You are all such a great bunch of people, helping each other to acheive their goals, GREAT!

Hi FGS
Good to see your diary. Glad you have managed to beat the evil carb craving - i must admit im really wary of sneaky carbs - i never want to feel that starving now again!
:)

how's it going now?

i'm a slooooow loser, despite being careful of sneaky hidden carbs etc. but losing, that's the main thing!

Did you move back to lipotrim? Good luck over there.

Hi Rosebug. I did go on lipotrim for 2 days, got into ketosis on the 1st day, so my atkins plan obviously had a few too many hidden carbs in. I am back on here today, confusing my stats,lol.

thanks for the reply. How are you getting on?

So you just went on LT to get into ketosis before coming back to Atkins? I'd be careful - vlcd and Atkins put you into ketosis for different reasons - you'll be having far more carbs on the vlcd but because there's such a huge calorie deficit it's easier to go into a ketogenic state. Switching between that and a high fat very low carb style of ketosis regularly would worry me' a little. But good luck and let us know how you're getting along.

So far so good. I am still in ketosis any way, that was why I asked the question about coming out of it.

I am not having too much fat yet, just enough.

I will just hope that i am not messing myself about again.

The LT has got me out of the bingie mood I was in and has helped me regain my resolve, even though it was only for a day or two, I have started atkins afresh and I am writing every morsel down. It is a good start so far anyway.

Have had a great day. I know exactly how many carbs i have had today, so that is a great start. Lets hope for more of the same!

Right, yesterday was great, lets hope for a great day today.

So far so good, had an omelet for breakfast and will have chicken salad for lunch with mayo.

I feel so much better about it all now. Going back on the lipotrim for those few days just managed to get myself back in the zone of thinking straight.

I do not even fancy carbs, good ridence to them!.

I weighed this morning and no gain, still in ketosis also, so the transmission over has so far been succesful, thank goodness!:D

I have had a great day, feel good about this way of eating, it is not at all like a diet, which is how it is supposed to be.

The MiMs, well, my new addiction, lol.

Cheers Rosebug!

Not very hungry today. Run out of ketostiks so not sure about that side of things, although my breath is like a smelly sock, lol.

I did not weigh today so not sure about that either.

Been out in the garden doing loads of clearing and sorting out the new design, so much to do.

feel Quite tired today really, hope to lose this week. Middle of the month, so got to keep up the milk thistle.

Good luck, fingers crossed.

I am finding that I feel good, but still not losing. I am in ketosis, but nothing. I have made a point of drinking more fresh water and peppermint tea. Hope it makes a difference. Feel good though, I am not going to panic. If I need to lose weight neaarer the wedding I will have to just do Lipotrim again, but for now I will stay on this plan and just hope it improves.

I couldn't lose either after coming from Exante so am now back on Exante for a few weeks to get some more weight off and then ill be back coz I find Atkins so easy to do and I at least now I can maintain on it without a problem.

Morning :)

I think I might have metabolic resistance. My thyroid is underactive, I have noticed I have been more tired, might need my doseage uped, that would perhaps explain why the lack of weight loss, so. I am going to go back again to either lipotrim or cambridge diet, which does work, and get to where I want to be, then come back to atkins to maintain, which I know I can do now.

You do what you need to do love, I hope you keep posting here :)

Yay, finally got into it, I have to AVOID cheese.

The weight is coming off now, I am ssoooooo pleased to be back and on track.

Sugar is just tooo evil.

I found that my brain just would not let me not eat( cambridge) so I was no way going to stick to it, I managed 4 days then caved in, It is just so un-natural.

Back