The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

810 sounds a good plan. I stayed the same AGAIN this week but I am happy because I have finished all my work and I can have some time off now. It will be so lovely not be sitting in front of this computer again tomorrow. Gonna go for a big walk on the South Downs. So many things I want to do now I have some time to myself!

810 sounds like a good plan for Christmas week Gem. I'm moving up to 810 on 22nd December, but i'm acually having a small Christmas dinner. No pudding or alcohol just the actual meal. I hope it doesn't do too much damage and that I manage to sts Christmas week.
Frances I'm glad your work has eased off and you can take some time out for yourself. I bet your in for a great loss next week.
Sorry if this is tmi, but i'm having a bit of toilet trouble what does everyone take for this? Sennacot is not doing the trick are we allowed fibresure or anything like that? X x x

Hi girls,

Just a quick one in a mad rush, Jen-fibresure or fibre 89 are both fine to take but don't take it if you are already constipated, take a laxative and once you have been to the toilet take your fibre daily to keep things moving so to speak.

xxx

I've been really lucky with regards to fibre issues. I stopped taking Fibre89 as it seemed to be working too well even with quarter of a teaspoon!!!

Touch wood, I haven't had any problems!

Hope you get it sorted Jen!

Any news from GT? x

I'm the same. Less than a teaspoon of Fibre89 a day from day one and never had any problems in that department.

Finally got hold of some mix-a-mousse yesterday and made my first mousse today (chocolate Mint of course, wouldn't consider any other flavour!). You do definitely need to blend it to disperse the powder. Put too much water in. The directions said minimum of 150ml and I used 200ml. It turned out more of a thick chocolate soup rather than a mousse. I'll try again tomorrow with 150 ml of water. Think it will come in handy over Christmas so I want to get it sussed. Like more of a treat/pudding.

How lucky are we that we already have someone who wants to join the team if GT is coming of CD! Hopefully Helen and GT will still pop on and say hello too.

Gem, tell us more about this new job. What will you be doing? What kind of work is it??

Last edited:
Frances, I will be working in the contact centre of a security firm. Basically taking calls from the guards and the clients, chasing them up when they fail to make their check calls, sorting out rosta issues etc etc. Basic officey stuff. But it's only Weds, Sat and Sun to begin with and then raising to 5 days a week including one day at the weekend to cover maternity leave. I'm not planning on staying there forever but I needed to get out of the school and it will be nice working with Mike.

I actually got a lot of my archaeology work done yesterday! I haven't had the motivation to pick up a pen since starting at the school in September! I think now I can see light at the end of the tunnel I have relaxed a bit!!! xxx

hi guys, Think I'm finally on the mend. Have been doing 1000 on instructions of CDC while I've had the flu, also out of ketosis due to all the antibiotics, steroids etc I've been taking, Have just taken the last dose do am going back to SS now. Will weigh in on tues (CDC said not to do it before as will have impact not being in ketosis. Glad you guys are still doing ok
J

Glad to hear your feeling better Jayne.
Gem are you a teacher at the minute? Why do you want to leave if you don't mind me asking? Will be fab for you to work with your other half though. X x x

I'm a teaching assistant at a high school Jen.

I'm leaving because of many reasons really. I hate the people I work with, well most of them. Working with 20 other women, I'm sure you can imagine that it gets b*tchy!

I also hate most of what the job entails. It's fine when the kids like you and listen to you but more often than not, they don't.

I was considering going into teaching but I have decided it's not for me. I'm leaning towards college/uni lecturing now. At least the students have chosen to be there and want to learn!!!

The pay is crap and although you get lots of holidays, I found it so stressful that I couldn't let go and before I knew it I was back at work and feeling as exhausted as if I hadn't had a holiday!

I've had milkshake spat at me, pig noises made at me, had a chair thrown at me and much more. I just can't handle all that at the moment.

I'm studying from home too so I need to come home and chill so I can get some work done and since working at the school I haven't done anything!!! These past couple of days that I have been off ill have been bliss! Got loads of work done and really relaxed. I know I only have one more week left but I am dreading going back on Monday. A job shouldn't make you feel like that.

Woooo sorry I really babbled on there! Bet you wish you'd never asked!!! xxx

Awwh Gem, nobody should be made to feel like that at work. Everyday must be such an ordeal for you. I used to be a retail manager and I worked with 20 odd other women so I know where your coming from with that one. It was horific. I stuck it out for 5 years, mostly for money reasons, but i can honestly say leaving was the best decision I ever made. I was a new person once i left there. I really hope you feel the same after next week hun, it will be like a huge weight has been lifeted and you'll feel like you have reclaimed your life.
Gosh you are so busy I don't know how you fit everything in! Is it archeology your studying? That sounds really interesting.
You look fab in your new profile pic by the way. You can really see a huge loss from your face and you look so happy in it too.
X x x

Thanks Jen!

Yeah I'm studying Archaeology. I am studying a short course (3-6 months) with the Open University which is going towards making up a Certificate in Contemporary Sciences. You need 6 short courses to get that and this is my 4th. Going onto to do 'Fossils and the History of Life' next and then 'Darwin and Evolution' which will make up my 6!

I'm also studying for an A Level in Archaeology through College on the Net which I won't finish until about 2010.

As a sort of interim step I'm planning to do a Diploma in Classical Studies through the OU which will be made up from longer courses: 'World Archaeology', 'Start Reading Latin' (or Greek-haven't decided yet) and 'Culture, Identity and Power in the Roman Empire'. I'm starting that in September.

My overall plan is to either get into university to study for a degree in Archaeology and Egyptology or to study for one via distance learning. Not decided yet.

Sorry I'm yammering on but I get excited when I talk about my education plans!!! :8855:

What do you do now? I worked in retail for 6 years and 2 of those were in management. Most stressful job I ever had!!!! xxx

Getting weighed in 2 hours....eeeeeek!!! I've been good but just don't feel to optimistic. Really hoping for more than 2lbs!!! x

Good luck with your weigh in Gem, i'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Wow you really do have your education plans all mapped out, sounds really exciting the things you are studying. I never got futher than emails myself, I was never sure what I wanted to do, I'm still not tbh.
I work for Halifax now as a Banking advisor. I go back after my maternity leave in the middle of Jan. When I took the job i thought I'd have a job for life with The halifax in some capacity or another and was looking into training to be a financial advisor, but recent events has left my job very uncertain, so I'll just have to wait and see how things pan out as its likely my branch will get closed.
X x x

hi guys, you all sound very academic, its great that you have such a clear plan Gem its obvious that you are an achiever not just in your CD but in all aspects. Its hard sometimes to keep it up but keep at the fairy footsteps and you'll get there.

I'm on a roll today, just getting back into SS, due to being ill I have put some weight on but I don't think I can assess the damage properly until I'm back in ketosis which should be about monday, have a weigh in on tues then its only a week till the xmas challenge should be completed. I'll do the best I can, I didn't plan on being ill (don't generally do sick) but won't let it beat me, its just another hurdle to climb isn't it
J

still hanging in there, gonna go and do some jobs and take my mind off food. Need to get my xmas food shopping list done and then see what other pressies i need to get. All behind cos of being ill,
Also having a mare as the PS3 wireless headset ordered online isn't going to get here by xmas, better get myself out and about looking for another one:4616:

hi jayne, jen and everyone else!

just got back from weigh in and lost 4lbs! so pleased!!!

i'm also the first one to hit the '3 months to Christmas, 3st off' target yay!!! and with 12 days to spare! so pleased!!! xxx

Wow Gem thats fantastic! I'm so pleased for you, and well done on being the first one to hit the 3 stone off for Christmas mark. I need to lose 3lbs on Monday to hit my target, but I have a feeling its only going to be 2 this week.
Well done on getting back on ss Jayne. In so scared of coming off ss a week on monday. I'll be doing 810 from then on in X x x

Morning all, just going to do the team results so will post in a mo, i've lost 2lbs this week towards next weeks team challenge, i'm over the moon 1000 is amazing so much choice and still losing! Just one more pound to my 5 stone target.

Sorry i haven't been around as much recently but i'm so busy at the min it's crazy. Still got xmas shopping to do (ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!) and all of the food shopping/prep, bearing in mind i already have a spare room full of pressies, there are just so many to buy for and being a christmas lover i love getting the chance to spoil my family.

Had a great week i honestly am really enjoying 1000 i thought i would hate it as i loved my time on SS but i am happily resigned to losing slower now, and it is so refreshing to find that i haven't gone back to my old habits, i just don't feel the same about food anymore....i love being slimmer and buying 14/16's (i can't wait until they are 12's) but having been seriously overweight for 10 years to be "normal sized" is just AMAZING! So don't worry about moving up the plans, accept it and enjoy it as we will all have to go back to conventional food at some point, think of it as a practise run!

Off to do the results

xxx

Back