The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Wow Gem6lbs is fantastic. Over Christmas too well done thats amazing.
Hayley i'll try to get some Christmas pics up when I get a chance. Thanks for that info about bf percentages. I might look into those polar heart monitors, but unfortunately all of my walking is done at my toddlers pace. I need to get one of those buggy boards that way i'll be able to walk faster. I really need to take the plunge and join a gym too. I might look into that next week. X x x

Well done Gem what a stonking loss!! Just think of all of the people wandering around in their tight trousers after a xmas of excess!! Well done that is such a fantastic reward for all of your hard work.

Jen- I know what you mean about toddler pace, i took my boy for a walk yesterday (he's 22 months) and getting anywhere takes hours and defo doesn't qualify as exercise, i end up putting him in the push chair just so i can get a bit of speed up!

xx

hi everyone!! sorry ive not been around but im back now if you will still have me???..xx

Yay welcome back Jan i've missed you hun!!!

Hope you are ok and had a fantastic xmas, how are things on the diet? Is everything ok with your dad?

Ohh enough with the questions Hayley lol

xxx

Yay!!! Jan's back!!!! We missed you!

Gosh, I am working 75hrs this week!!! But it really doesn't feel like that many. I love that!

Happy New Year girls!!! xxx

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!..XX

HI JEN! thanks for the welcome back! yes xmas was good but quiet most of us were ill but the day was good, hope yours was ok? ive sts with my weight and am really chuffed i came off for a couple of weeks but im back ss till goal! hope you have a good day!!...xxx

hi hayley! well ive missed you to! xmas good but quiet as we were all ill but hey it was good!! very pleased with weight as ive sts so im going to ss till i get to my goal! dads not to bad hes had the flu bug all over xmas but getting better he cant walk very far now so we get him a scooter when we take him out that way he can get about without being breathless.
how was your xmas? good i hope!...xxxx

hi gem! thanks! i cant belive the change in you i keep going back and looking at your pic! bet your OH loves the new you i no mine does!
cant belive your working 75 hours you sound like my daughter she does silly things like you!! but she works in a care home! hope you had a good xmas?..xxxx

i did have a good Christmas thanks Jan but very quiet and over too quickly!!!
can't wait for next year!!!

the thing i like best is that my other half is worried i will go off with someone else now i have lost weight lol! bless him! i'm glad i met him before when i was fat because at least i know he loves me for me.

i'm going to buy some size 16 jeans soon because i am sure i will be in them shortly! and then bring on the 14s!!!! x

oh gem its a great feeling!! im now in size 12 from new look and i cant tell you how great i feel! i just cant belive that 4 months ago i was in size 24 jeans and 26/28 tops im still pinching myself to make sure its real!! you were the same as me i met my hubby when i was big so yes you do know they love you for you not your size!
wish i had some 16s left to send you but put them on ebay!...xx

Happy New year Everyone!
Lovely to see you back Jan. I had a lovely Christmas, but like Gem says its over too quickily. Well done on the size 12 btw, its a great feeling isn't it X x x

it is a great feeling Jan and bloody well done on the size 12!!! i don't know if i will ever be a 12. I'll be happy with a 14 though.

working again today but it's ok. i really like the job and i get to chat to really cool people all day long-doesn't get better than that!!! plus, working 12hr days means the money mounts up really quickly. more to spend on new clothes lol!!! x

HI Guys
Glad everyone had a good new year, I was working but it was ok, good atmosphere while there everyone cheery considering and no hangovers thank goodness

Well I'm back on sole source from morning of the 1st, and did 1000 up till then
I've lost 9 lbs since xmas day so am delighted,

what day of the week do we post our results,

J:woohoo:

I've decided that this is going to be MY year, worked out that I'm officially middle aged (ie double my age is 86, nearly 88)
Its about time that I got my s**t together
:cross:

• So I am finally going to beat these weight demons
  • theres a job soon to be advertised that I'm gonna go for, it'll be a challenge but I can do it
  • My loans will be paid off by March 2010 and I have standing orders set up to do this
  • I am also determined that my to do list which is currently 7 sides of A4 will be 1 side of A4 but the end of jan - by either getting on with it, delegating what I can, ditching the stuff that perhaps doesn't need doing, but not by shrinking the font size which I did that year (needed glasses to read it)
apart from the obvious losing weight what are the rest of you up to this year:talk017:
J

just signed up for a valentines challenge, its 6 weeks tomorrow, anyone up for it.
my goal is 18lbs, hope I may do better than that as I need to reach my 44th birthday goal 5 weeks after that which will be another 10lbs. Ideally I'd like to be a bit lower than 150 lbs , maybe about 143lbs, as I go on hols on my birthday and would like to be my goal weight when i get back
(Burnham on sea in a caravan with OH, lovely bruv, teenage son (14) and his best mate (15) - may need a little alcohol to tide me over) - does this sound like a plan?????????
J :cupid:

is there anyone out there?????????:gen144:J,
well then, I'm into day 3, praying that things don't start going tits up like they often do on day 4 and 5, keeping busy going to take down the flaming xmas tree do that I can hoover, place is a tip and its driving me mad

Hiya girls,

Well after careful consideration i've decided to leave our team and cambridge, i've been using weight loss resources website for the past month and i feel ready to carry this on full time now. I've loved CD and have found it reletively easy, what i'm now finding difficult is learning how to eat properly and without guilt and for this reason i've decided to stay away from cd.

I want to thank every member of this team past and present as without minimins and the violets i defo wouldn't be sitting here today 5 stone lighter i would have been miserable and still hiding behind my weight.

So onwards and upwards (although downwards on the scales) i will still be floating around mini mins from time to time and hope its ok if i check in on you girls now and then.

Good luck and well done on your weight loss so far.

Love

Hayley xxx

Last edited:
Back