The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Hayley
I've only just joined so I've not had the pleasure of chatting with you much but I can see from your details that you've done brilliantly. You have to do what is right for you and CD is great but as you say you can't do it forever and you've found a way to move on. Keep popping back and letting us know how you are getting on
J

Awwwh Hayley, I will miss you. Thank you so much for all of your support since I joined the violets you have been an inspiration. Make sure you keep in touch, it will be great to hear how you are getting on. I'm glad you have made the right decision for you though. In some ways I envy you being able to make the decision to mave away from cambridge with confidence. I have to admit its a bit of a comfort blanket for me at the moment.
Jayne Well done on getting back into ketosis you are doing so well, and 9lbs down too well done you. Thats no mean feat at this time of year.
Sorry I've not been about much I've been mega busy as its my little girls 3rd birthday party tomorrow and her actual birthday on tuesday so had loads to organise on top of taking all christmas decs down and tree whilst occupying my little girl and my 8 month old. After this weeks out of the way I hope I have a bit more time. Although its back to work for me on the 19th so busy times ahead. X x x

Aww Hayley we will miss you!!! And of course you can pop in and chat to us!!! We wouldn't want it any other way!

Are you leaving as of now? Better start advertising for another new member lol!!! If you want me to take over as team leader, can you send me the spreadsheet details? :( Don't want you to go!!!

Yes, Jayne I was at work and am work again today lol! I love it though so I can't complain!

How is everyone? x

hiya guys, sticking to the straight and narrow, have had 3 days off so I'm really chuffed that I've managed to stick to it as I find it much easier when I'm at work. I'm so glad that I've finished all my antibiotics and steroids etc from when I was ill before xmas, I was really down in the dumps about it scuppering my weight loss and think that I just felt so ill that i was feeling sorry for myself and resorting to the comfort measures of food, however thats all behind me now
:happy036: I'll be off and on here for the rest of the day and am in a chatty mood
J

getting back to the gym and to classes but wonder if anyone else struggles with exercising a lot while on SS, I find I'm starving if I go more than 2-3 times per week
J

Hiya everyone,
Well done Jayne on getting back into ss it can't have been easy after all of the set backs you had with your health. As for the exercise thing I really struggled whilst on ss but I was better if I had a shake an hour b4 doing exercise. Now i'm on 810 I try to do it after my meal and its much better I don't feel faint anymore. I just exercise at home though although i'm starting at the gym next week.
I'm gutted this week i've only lost 1lb. Its my own fault though because a few days I only had 2 shakes along with my meal instead of the 3. I didn't think it would have any impact but obviously it has so i'm back to doing things right from now on.
Gem have you taken over as team leader now? Glad your enjoying your job X x x

next weigh in on 9th but had a sneaky one this morning and I've only got one more pound to go to reach my 10th Jan goal (you know the one that was a xmas goal but got moved forward) I'm just so excited that at last I am reaching one of my goals. :greenapple:, If I can reach one goal then I can reach the next, just need to make sure they are achievable

I have given myself another goal between my 10th Jan and valentines day goal, a 1st feb goal. lots of pretty tickers.

Having a bit of a mare as well as have to go on a management course on 27th and 28th Jan, one of those where you are stuck in a hotel overnight with people you don't have much in common with. (this is my imagined version of it as I've never actually been on one before) :gen157:

It says that the "attire code" is business casual, which means when I looked it up that I can't wear jeans which are the only thing currently in my wardrobe that fit, and trainers are out to. Wear uniform at work so no need to buy proper clothes and as I don't really go out then no need there either ( I sound like a right sad cow don't I !!!)

I don't really want to buy clothes till I'm at goal but guess I'm going to have to, partly because i don't do clothes shopping and secondly because I have another challenge on which is to pay off all my loans etc by march 2010 and spending money on clothes doesn't fit into the equation.

Back up plan therefore is doing overtime to pay for the clothes that i don't really want to buy.

Sorry for wingeing. going to get on with some work now before I go on my extra shift later today
J

just worked out money for buying clothes situation and its dire, so not to be defeated will book a couple more extra shifts if available and shop in matalan or asda - George here I come

just decided that nothing is impossible (may be regretting this later) and have checked out what weight i need to be to have a BMI of 22, so have added 10lbs to my final goal and intend by my 19th wedding anniversary on 18th may 2009 i aim to be 140lbs. I will be on hols in the lakes at this time and again climbing hills so it should be a fab time for me
Did another pretty ticker which I will label when I've achieved the 10th jan one and can delete it as it will give me some room
Skinny mini will I be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and well dressed hopefully

Hiya Jayne, I'm about. I've not been on much for a few days though because it was my little girls birthday yesterday, Sunday we did her party then Monday I went in work for a few hours. Trying to break myself in gently before I go back for real on 19th. I'm going in for a couple of hours tomorrow too as my girls have a settling in session at the nursery 10-2.
Sounds like you have a great diet plan Jayne. I think its good to have lots of mini goals to keep you motivated. I'm aiming for a bmi of 22 aswell which leaves me with 1 stone to go. I'm still not sure if I will round it down to 9 stone though which would give me 16lbs to go. I don't want to go below 9 stone though even if i'm not a size 10. I'm secretly hoping I will be a 10 by bmi 22 though.
Did you watch that Claire Sweenys big fat diet last night? Its made me think I may actually need to lose more weight. I couldn't believe how she was saying she was soo fat and her bmi was only just above 25. I think it was all for the cameras though she would have looked fine if she wasn't in a skimpy bikini sticking her gut out lol X x x

hi Jen, I didn't watch Claire Sweeney as I was at work but will try to catch it when its repeated, was it on sky or tv (you know what i mean). I hadn't lost my pound this morning to give me my 10th jan goal but a couple more days to go so hopefully will be there soon. Don't know whether you caught my rant about having no "business casual" clothes, well I went to asda today and got 2 tops a pair of trousers and some shoes for £32 which wasn't bad I thought. (size 16 - have some 14's. 12's and 10's in my wardrobe from my previous LL and CC attempts but none of them fit) at least I've got something to wear now. Realised that I have enough accessories to last me a lifetime, isn't it weird how when your big you buy accessories cos clothes are a kind of enemy and you can't buy anything nice.
Have so much stuff to do for work that I'm kind if one of those places where I've written the list but its so daunting that I'm piddlin about on the computer rather than getting on with anything - I am on a day off however so am kind of justifying it to myself. I think though if I got some of it out of the way life would be less of a hassle
How come your not back at work till the 19th, are you on leave. I'm off next week (apart from the extra shifts I'm doing to sort out the financial situation - yet another rant you may have been fortunate enough to miss)
Anyway lovely to hear from you. J

Think theres only us 2 about at the moment Jayne. I'm glad you got the clothing situation sorted and that it didn't cost you an extortionate amount in the end. Asda are fab for clothes aren't they.
I hope your not having to do too many extra shifts, I know everyone is really struggling financially at the moment.
I'm returning to work after my maternity leave. I went in just for a few hours today just whilst my girls had a settling in session at nursery which they seemed to enjoy. I'm only going to be working 2 days a week so not too bad really, however the nursery costs are over £600 a month! I don't know how we are going to manage, but i'll just have to see how things pan out. My dp is a manager for a travel company which is very dodgy territory at the moment given the credit crunch, and i'm in banking so neither of our jobs are safe which is a bit of a worry, but worrying wonn't achieve anything so i'm just getting on with things the best I can.
Hope your ok Gem not seen you about in ages you must be working solidly. X x x

HI Jen, good to hear from you, I'm not sure who else is in the shrinking violets as I'm fairly new. Are you excited about going back to work , I was I remember, I did miss Dan when I was there at first but enjoyed the adult company. I found it very tiring though, Pete and I both worked shifts at the time, fortunately my friend next door offerred to be my childminder and 15 years ago there was not so much restriction. She looks after her grandson now and Dan still calls her mummy2 even though he's nearly 15.
How old are your girls?
We're just managing to keep our heads above water, Pete has M.E so doesn't work and we teach Dan at home as he had lots of "issues" at school, this keeps us busy. The extras are to try and pay off loans and pay for his maths and english tuition which at GCSE level is beyond either of us. So I do as many as I can, they're not always that available. I'm on leave next week so have fitted a couple in there
Chat soon Jen, probably won't be on later as its the new series of brothers and sisters and the final ever series of ER so will be tucked up in bed in peace getting my fill of a couple of my fave programmes, biggest loser will have to be sky plussed tonight.
Washing machine repair mans coming tomorrow we haven't had it working since 1st Dec so an ironing mountain will be on its way when I get in from work tomorrow, good reason to watch biggest loser while I iron
Take Care
J

hi guys, I'm so sorry I haven't been on much, but I haven't had any weight loss to report yet. Don't know what's up with me. Think I am suffering from serious diet fatigue. I mean I'm still doing SS+ -- I even took my microwave to Cornwall at the New Year so I could make the porridge in my room -- but I am still the blimmin same weight I was at start of December and my heart just isn't in it these days. Been lurking and reading people's diaries for some much need inspiration. Really need to get my no-nonsense get-on-with-it attitude back badly!

Also, I must confess I had some chocolate over Christmas and have been struggling to cut that one out. Haven't touched any this week so hopefully conquered it.

Sorry to see Hayley go, but pleased she has come so far. And yes, Gem, you must be team 10's new leader. You'll keep us on the straight and narrow lol! So another sts for me this week. I weigh on Wednesdays as you know.

I will stick at it as I want to lose at least another stone, if not two, ideally, and I know that nothing else but CD works for me. That said, it has been a month long plateau now, and this has happened before on diets. But somehow I am gonna hang in there because I don't know what else to do.

Wishing a slightly belated Happy New Year to all the Shrinking Violets.

Back