The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Well done Gem, keep up the good work...

How did yesterday go Gem...?

Just had my weekly WI and I have lost 3lb.

Morning teamies!!!

How is everyone? hanging on in there?
Gem how's your restart going?

I had weigh in last night and lost 2.5lbs uber impressed as that was on the 810 plan AND TOTM.

I now have 3/4 of a stone to go so this week and next I'll be doing 1000 cal plan. I'm so pleased, this diet is the BOOBIES! Wish I'd found it earlier x

Wow, well done, the end is insight.... you have done really well, hope I get to do as well as you, I am the same height as you and weigh now around the same as when you started, so if I can lose what you did I only have just over 10 weeks to go....

Gem how is your restart going?

Hi how is everyone getting on, I have managed to stick to it for 4 days and now back on track.
Dana your pic is great you must feel so good specially in this weather, WELL DONE XXX

hi teamies, I'm back from Egypt, tired but happy. It was fabulous. And I weighed in this morning and managed to lose a whopping 5lbs in the last two weeks -- most of which I suspect was lost in Egypt, somewhere between the Nile and the pyramids lol.

So pleased to see that you decided on a restart Gem, but not so pleased that it has gone v-e-r-y quiet on here. Come on you lot, summer is just around the corner, why don't we do a mini team challenge and pledge how much we want to lose in the month of May on here?

Well done on the losses so far this week, let's get some results to Irene on Saturday and get this team back on track.

Attachments

• EGYPT 206.jpg
    EGYPT 206.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 29
Wow Frances, glad you had a good time, I would love to go see Egypt.
I only lost 2lbs this week, dont know why because I stayed 100%, and now am not seeing my CDC for 2 weeks as she is in hospital next week, so may try one week with bars and the week after without to see if they make a difference to the amount I lose.

Ay up Frances 5lbs how frickin fab is that? WEH HEY!

Well, I'm in for weigh in tonight and have been following the 1000 plan this week, I've really enjoyed it and am over the moon that I can start training again. So fingers crossed tonights results will be good!

I really really hope so what with goal being soooo close, soooooooo close i can taste it!

Sorry I've not been about much, i have been working really hard with my second job to try and hit targets, I will make more effort I promise x

Well... it's good news!
1lbs 3/4 off following the 1000 cal plan!
Whoooooooooooop!

How is everyone else doing?

D x

Well done, I think we can count that as 2lbs lol! Can't do fractions!

Will do the results tonight, It would really help if you could all give me your weights in lbs BEFORE your loss this week as I need to work it out as a percentage. It would just save me trawling back to work it out.
ta

Wow that is excellent weightloss following the 1000 cal plan isn't it. I haven't lost tons the last 2 weeks, 3lb one week 2lb the next and I am wondering if it is the bars, so have decided not to have any bars for the next couple of weeks and see what happens (even though it will be TOTM), so my CDC is coming today to swap some of my bars for more shakes and I will see what is happening. She is also going to check if I am in Ketosis as I haven't ever really been in Ketosis, I start with a pink result in the morning, but by the afternoon once I have had a couple of shakes, it changes again so I am not... strange, so thinking the extra carbs in the bars is not helping.

It will be interesting to see if it is the bars, but don't make yourself go without if you miss them as I really just think your losses inevitably slow to 2/3lbs a week no matter what you do. Good luck though.

Hey Frances I think I was 174lb last week and lost 2lb, so 172. You managed to lose more than me and I am 100% SS... well done.

I actually think the shakes fill me up more than the bars anyway, so going without for a couple of weeks wont be too bad, if I dont lose more weight I may or may not go back to eating them, maybe just a couple of times a week.... although got on the scales this morning and have lost nearly 2lb in a day and I never had a bar yesterday... will just have to wait and see.

When I was SSing I stopped having the bars for the same reason as the week I started having them my loss slowed right down. x

Hey Frances I think I was 174lb last week and lost 2lb, so 172. You managed to lose more than me and I am 100% SS... well done.

Don't forget my 5lbs was over two weeks, so we have lost the same. Although I wasn't SSing, I wasn't eating that much I suppose, and the heat meant I was drinking up to 4 litres of water a day.

Don't know how to do the results now as I don't know what I lost before I went away, and we didn't do any last week so your losses weren't counted either. I feel every lb lost should be counted, as that is what the team challenge is about, but it might be a bit unfair to compare our two week loss with everyone else's one week loss. Think I might just count 3lbs for last week, as my usual loss is only 1-2lbs max.

Last edited:
Right for our own records, since we didn't record our weight losses last week, I am doing it for the last two weeks.
Me 5lbs (3.2%)
Linda 5lbs (2.8%)
Dana 4.5lbs (3.0%)

This would give us a team result of 3%.

Taking just the last week would give us a team result of 1.6%, which is really the one we should put forward to Irene tomorrow, but well done everyone on a fab fortnight of losses!

Hi guys, is there still a space on this team? If so can I join you? I am Zoey, I did CD a couple of months ago but it all went horribly wrong after week one! I am determined to do it this time and am starting on Tuesday (first morning I could get an appointment).

Hi guys, sorry I've been so quiet!!! They have put a block on all forums etc on the work computer so hardly get a chance to come on now!!!

I am away from 21st-31st May in Scotland and am off CD until 1st June. If you want me to leave the team in the meantime I will but I'd like to stay ready for my official restart. I understand that it will be nearly 4 weeks without a result from me though which doesn't really help the team!!!

Back