The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

hi gem, well done on keeping on the straight and narrow. I'm back in the dumps, with no motivation. Feel knackered even though its morning. Don't know whats the matter with me
got that tired all the time feeling, its really stupid as I know that when i'm sole sourcing i feel great, full of energy . Wish I could figure out what makes me scupper myself all the time. Out for lunch today then am going to try again. Have a wedding to go to next sat, can't get into any clothes so am going to have to do something xx:sigh:

Hi Jayne, maybe you need to find somewhere in between for when your life gets a bit hectic rather than swinging from extremes -- SS to old eating habits? I find that I just cannot come off this diet (SS+). That said, I have good and bad days. Last night for example I ate couscous. No desire or craving to eat it but my friend had brough a picnic to Regents park and I could hardly order tuna and lettuce, so I ate it and drank plenty of water. But today I made my CD porridge and skimmed milk latte and get on with my diet.

I suppose I have been doing SS+ so long that it is a habit. The point I am trying to make is, eating something off plan does not have to mean you are off track and you may as well go mad. That, we all know, is a self defeating spiral. Have a think about a way of doing something in between. Or when you do eat, put it behind you and carry on with your shakes as if you hadn't eaten and eventually the good will outweigh the bad. But most of all, don't be so hard on yourself!

Congratulations to happyway for a great start on CD and being our Slimmer of the Week (3.8%) :party0011:

Off to post results -- Amjane (2.8), Linda (0.6). Team total, without me, jayne and Gem is 2.5% which is pretty damn good.

YES!!! I've done it! A whole week SS 100% and I'm in ketosis!!! So proud of myself!!!

WI tomorrow at 11.30 and I so cannot wait!!! x

:0clapper::party0038: Well Done Gem! We knew you could do it! Fingers crossed for tomorrow! Now get thee to bed and let the magic work! And no matter what those scales say, although I hope it will be brilliant news, it does not take away from the fact that you have completed a SUCCESSFUL week on CD! The only way is down those pounds from here.

Wow! slimmer-of-the-week sounds fabulous and definitely have charged me up more:) By the way, my name is Henna. Today is Day 13 and tomorrow is my official weigh-in day so will update my loss tomorrow. this weekend was not as tough as the first one. Well done gem on your succesfull compaltion of first week. thats the toughest time in entire journey.

Weigh in result...

Thanks Frances and Henna!

Well it paid off...

I LOST 11LBS!!!

I'm so pleased! And that puts me in the 16s whoop whoop!!! x

Hey Gem - well done!!!!! You must be sooooo chuffed!!!! Hope everyone else is doing okay. Broke the diet today because I couldn't bear the thought of anyone else having the first egg from my hens - so I ended up having it on toats and it was delicious. Just hope I can get back into it okay now. Have a good week all. How did the househunting and job hunting go in Swansea Gem?

Thanks guys!

Amanda, house viewing is on Monday 3rd and also Mike has a job interview. Will let you know how it goes x

AHAHAHAHA!!!

Managed to get past the filter at work to get on here ;)

I really need to step up the pace. Am behind on water and haven't had a shake yet. Better get glugging! x

Woohoo. Well done on your weightloss Gem that's a great amount. Frances I think I am in your neck of the woods. We are staying at Small Dole so you will know the weather hasn't been especially good. We are at a church conference so it doesn't matter too much. I am feeling fat and think maybe I am eating too much and have no scales to weigh myself although I do have to hold my trousers up with one hand whilst jumping around. Have a good day everyone. Hope you enjoyed your egg Amanda.

Thanks Linda!

I am so p*ssed off this morning. The people I work for are so selfish and I am sure they are breaking so many laws. They haven't paid a lot of people this month on the day that they were supposed to so everyone is getting bank charges etc. and they won't refund them. I'm the one who has to sit here listening to everyone moaning about their wages and having a go at me (even though it isn't my fault). What can I do when the person who does the wages is the MD??? I can't complain about her! She has swanned off on leave for the week even though she knew the sh*it would hit the fan! All I keep getting back from her is sarcastic emails basically telling me to tell the people who haven't been paid that it's tough luck!

I have never known a company like it! Last week she told me that some people had been sent cheques instead of being paid into their accounts like normal. My point was that they haven't received the cheques until after pay day and they will take a while to clear plus she didn't even let them know that they would be paid by cheque. She said "If they have a current account it won't take that long to clear. If they have a building society account that's their look out." I can't believe this place! I would leave now if I didn't need the money.

One guy is self-employed and she hasn't paid him. He reckons he won't come to work unless he gets paid as he doesn't have any fuel. She just came back with "He is self-employed so his contract isn't like everyone elses." That doesn't really help me! I'm the one who has to sit here trying to find cover when he doesn't come in to work. :mad:

Sorry, I am so angry today!!! Plus I feel like crap and soooo tired even though I slept a good amount.

Aww! Mike just had some roses delivered to me at work! We've been together 3 years today. The card said "Gem, If I coulld reach up and hold a star for every time you've made me smile, the entire evening sky would be in the palm of my hand. Love Mike x"

I nearly cried!!!

So sweet :eek: x

Hello Ladies! yesterday i had my weigh-in and i have lost another 1.1kg.quite happy nad motivated for the next week. hope you all are doing well

Aww what a lovely thing to write. he does love you Gem. Always remember that!

Congrats on your first egg, Amanda. Too right you had to eat it!

Don't know Small Dole, Linda. Don't worry about your diet, just be sensible. That is part of maintainance, surely. It sounds like you are burning off anything you do eat!

I stayed the same AGAIN. I am off to Spain on Sat so I have done a quick tot up of our results, just with me, Henna and Gem, in case I don't get on before I go coz I don't want us to miss out on putting in Gem's great loss. Will try and check again if there are any more results but if not:

Gem is our Slimmer of the Week :party0011:with a blinding 11lbs (4.4%)

and our team result so far is 2.38%

As I said, if I don't get back on by Saturday can someone please post these results on the Team Challenge thread or pm Irene.
thanks.

i will Frances if you don't manage it. woohooo!! slimmer of the week. now that's an incentive to keep going!!!

day 10 for me and still 100%! so proud of myself! x

whoops! nearly forgot to have my daily moan hehe! i am so tired lately. i wake up after 8 hours sleep and i just cannot open my eyes! what happened to the boundless energy from being in ketosis????

Right really unsure on where to even begin. I did really well last year and got really close to target and then completely lost the plot. I was having problems with my heart (passing out and palpitations) so I stopped going to the gym and after several failed attempts at restarting I gave up and just ate myself into oblivion. The turning point has come this morning when at the hospital they weighed me and I am 13 stone 4. OMFG I can't believe i've allowed myself to get so big again and its all my fault. I don't have anybody to blame but myself. I'm desperate and reading Gems story has inspired me to come back and do it this time. i know I can do it. So will you have me? not sure if you have space on the team but I thought maybe I could post on here to help keep me on track as this thread has been a life saver for me in the past. thanks for reading X x x

Back