The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Read about logging on every day and thought I'd do that as much as possible, so, hi :) Day two and I've just had my first shake, need to have my first litre of water soon, lol. And I need to clean up the entireeeeeee house, but I guess that'll be good exercise.
Probably be posting a lott here over the next few weeks :)
Hows everyone else doing? Oh and happy halloween :) Anyone got any plans? I haven't, lol.

Read about logging on every day and thought I'd do that as much as possible, so, hi :) Day two and I've just had my first shake, need to have my first litre of water soon, lol. And I need to clean up the entireeeeeee house, but I guess that'll be good exercise.
Probably be posting a lott here over the next few weeks :)
Hows everyone else doing? Oh and happy halloween :) Anyone got any plans? I haven't, lol.

Great, we're both on day 2. How are you feeling? I have a little headache, but otherwise feeling ok, just a bit depressed about not eating! I'm sure I'll get over it....

No plans for me, I'm skint!!! And it's my 25th birthday on Tuesday-not only am I broke, but I am also fat for it too!!! I didn't expect to be fat at 25 when I started CD in the first place. Can you tell I am feeling sorry for myself???

I'm starting on Monday Frances. Monday will be easier as I will be at uni all day with no money and no food!!! x

Great, we're both on day 2. How are you feeling? I have a little headache, but otherwise feeling ok, just a bit depressed about not eating! I'm sure I'll get over it....

Lol same, slight headache, but drinking lots of water, and taken a couple of paracetamols, whats your goal weight?

No plans for me, I'm skint!!! And it's my 25th birthday on Tuesday-not only am I broke, but I am also fat for it too!!! I didn't expect to be fat at 25 when I started CD in the first place. Can you tell I am feeling sorry for myself???

You've lost 50 pounds so far! Thats amazing! You've achieved a lot in time for your birthday :)

thanks hun, i keep trying to focus on that but i've forgotten what it was like to weigh 22st so now i can't compare how i feel now to how it felt then :( x

Yeah that's a good idea. I went shopping at Peacocks on Thursday to spend my birthday vouchers and they didn't have hardly anything over a size 18 which was annoying as they are usually pretty good for bigger sizes. It would be nice to be able to shop in any shop!!! x

Gem, you really are going to do this. You are the girl who Sole Sourced last Christmas. I promise you, once you get past day 3 and on to day 5 you will be flying. Good plan to start on a day when you are busy. You could cut carbs today and tomorrow maybe. It really will make Monday much, much easier you know.

Hang in there, you two on day 2, day 3 can be tough but stay strong as you will soon have the hard bit over with.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement, especially you Frances! I'm glad you are here to kick my backside into gear!!!

Roll on Monday and here's to a low carb weekend! x

Yeah, low carbing will be soo worth it Gem. You really will feel the difference on Monday in that you will have fewer hunger pangs. It is all about mind over matter. Get yourself on a November challenge on here to help gee you along those first few days.

Lol same, slight headache, but drinking lots of water, and taken a couple of paracetamols, whats your goal weight?

Hi,
I haven't really set myself a goal as such.
When I started last Jan, I was 17stone 4lb and got down to 12st 5lb. At that weight, I was a 14 top and 16 bottom and it suited me.
At the mo, I just want to get back to that weight, and then see how I feel. If I can maintain at that weight, then I'm happy. If I can get in to the 11s, then brill!
But as long as my 16 jeans fit me, I don't care!!! So I need to lose a stone and half by Christmas....:D

By the way all, I have felt so hungry today that I decided to do sole source plus and have just eaten a small piece of chicken.
Better that than end up binging, which I think I was in danger of...
Not seeing it as failure, more damage limitation!

A bit of chicken is fine. Protein will not put the weight on or put you out of ketosis. I lost all my weight on SS+. You're doing fine. Hang in there. A stone and a half by Christmas is achievable. Just stick at it.
Frances

Thanks Frances- I know it's definitely achievable. Last time I did sole source, I lost 9lb the 1st week, and 9lb the second week!!!!
So, I know I carry a lot of water, and am hoping for at least a 4 or 5lb loss this week. Fingers crossed!
Are any of you watching X Factor tonight? I've just stuck my choc tetra in the freezer to hopefully make me some ice cream in time!

Sorry, no, I don't watch ANY TV at all! Gave it up about 5 years ago. Don't miss it at all. Must admit though, I spend all my time on the computer. I'm weird I know.

Congrats on getting through day 3. You're well on your way now.

Well I'm looking forward to starting tomorrow which surely is a good sign. I'm getting to that point where I am sick of food which is how I felt the first time. Fingers crossed it's a sign that all will go to plan this time!!! x

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Just been reading and soaking up all the advice and encouragement, it really helps a lot.

I find that my local peacocks don't seem to have larger sizes either or they get sold as soon as they are put out. I hate having to pay Evans prices.

catseyes, i found it too difficult to stick to total abstinenece so decided to do the 810. The weighloss in 3 weeks of abstinence was brilliant but the desire to eat something has taken over so instead of having a total pig out and falling totally off the wagon decided to change sensibly.
I know the losses won't be as much but a loss is a loss in my eyes.

good luck everyone and look forward to spending my weighloss journey with you all.

Knowing that the larger sizes sell out more quickly should make me feel better but it doesn't lol! Oh well, I managed to get the size 20 jeans on today however I have a total muffin top!!!

Back