The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Yay we won. That's great! And Abby, you were the Biggest Loser across all the teams so put those silly dreams to one side and keep it up. You'll be a skinny mini in no time at this rate.

I'm doing good. Down in Exeter so won't be getting weighed this week but hoping beyond hope that I can crack the 10 stone barrier in the 3 weeks it will be when I see my CDC next week. That would be so cool.

Hopefully hear from Gem this evening.......positive vibes being sent all day.

Good luck littlegem!! And thanks night-owl, definitely motivated me :) I have 5lbs to lose until i enter the 10s!!! The lowest I have been in YEARS! I'm so excited :)
Was riding my bike today and I looked down and my legs looked amazing! They didn't even look like my legs! Lol, definitely motivated me, and I wore my first size 12 outside of the house in years :)

Hope everyones great :)

Weighed myself this morning and I've lost 13lbs!! 1lb off a stone! :O Very excited :) I'm practically a third of the way towards my goal, and its only day 8.

Hope everyone is doing great :):):)

WOW, Well Done on Slimmer of the week, Brilliant Loss, Can I ask what weight you were when you started hun?
x

Hey everyone, well I'm done with day 1 SS post-holidays, managed 3l of water, not quite what I wanted, but at least the headache wasn't too bad. I may be speaking too fast, but this time around I feel it will be easier (more focused??) anyway, just checking in to say I survived the first day and was not the least bit hungry and I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow!

Well Done for Surviving Day 1 hun.. :D

littlegem, i suffer from migraines and have these tablets called migraleve, they work incredibly well for my headaches and you can buy from over the counter in boots and stuff, so you maybe could try them as they help me really well and my headaches are impossible to get rid of with everything else.

And omg! i've just drunk 2litres of water + my shake and couldn't resist weighing myself - i've lost a stone!! even with all the extra weight i've just gained from the liquids!! yay!! three of my goals achieved :)
hope everyones okay :)

I suffer Big Time with Migraine, especially totm but tbh the slightest things can set mine off if I dont catch it in time, Smells, being too hot, CD, lots of things.. I have tried all sorts of tablets but not migraleve, I think I get immune to tablets when I have been on them for a few months. I spend a fortune on Headache Tablets, They should be free. lol.

By the way a STONE, Whoooooooooo Hoooooo You go girl...

What packs are you having daily & how much water etc, tell all.. lol. x

Well Done Team for Winning This week, You Rock!

:party0038:
Well I am doing ok on CD so far although I have to say I havent been 100% as I am addicted to Oats So Simple Porridge so been replacing 1 of them for my breakfast instead of a pack, its got less calories than a CD pack & its suprising how much it keeps me going, I have drank about 3/4 litres daily, I can drink up to 5 litres a day but my CDC said its far too much, so have took her advice as she knows best :rolleyes:

Tempted to get on the scales as I am a bit of a Scales-a-holic & do like to weigh myself daily but it does affect my mood, so trying this time on CD to leave it once a week!

Has everyone finished their xmas shopping then, I am stressed out with mine!! :mad:

haven't even started my xmas shopping lol, and i drink 3 litres of water a day plus 3 CD shakes, either chocolate or mint chocolate. everything else makes me gag, lol.
and agree, all headache/migraine tablets should be freee :)

oh, and i was 175lb when i started, now 160lbs, woo!!

Kel, is that the microwave packs of Oats So Simple? And is it just the Original you have or is there is flavour. I remember someone mentioning Golden Syrup flavour and how if you mix in a teaspoon of Toffee & Walnut shake powder into a CD Original porridge it tastes just like OSS GS. I have been doing that ever since and am addicted. Anyway, I just ask as I want ideas for going up the plans when I finally get to goal and will probably want to go back to real porridge. Good to hear the cals are lower.

I haven't started my xmas shoppping either, but then I only buy a few presents. I go mad on my 8 year niece, then my friend's two little ones and then just token presents for my mum and sis. Long stopped buying for friends, really. Only if I see something really funny that I know they would love, but then I would do that all year round really.

Keep off those scales! You're doing fine and your weight fluctuates so much in the week, it doesn't count!

haven't even started my xmas shopping lol, and i drink 3 litres of water a day plus 3 CD shakes, either chocolate or mint chocolate. everything else makes me gag, lol.

Hi walkerscrisps, are you sole sourcing?? because based on the info in your stats, at your current weight you shouldn't.

Hi all, sorry not been on for the last few days...busy busy at work.
I'm keeping at it. Not been 100% this week, as like Kelly I have substituted my porridge for OOS on one or two ocassions!!!!
I just can't eat the CD porridge anymore, which is ridiculous as I used to love it.
I am hoping for a few lbs off. Not expecting more than 3 really, so we shall see tomorrow.
Well done us for winning team of the week! :)

Hope everyone's doing well...I'm loving having my work trousers looser this week! :)

Removed as link doesn't work...

Abby are you shrinking?!! I have slightly over the years I think but not as fast as you lol! I used to be 5.4 in school, then a couple of years ago someone measured me and told me I was 5.3. Then on the electronic scales on the gym, where it measures your height and gives you your BMI, no matter how tall I stand it keeps telling me I'm 5.2.5/8 Hmmph! I wonder if I actually had fat on the soles of my feet sometimes, which I have now lost lol!

I really don't know what to say about you having trouble with food Ab, I have never experienced this. I did see someone on LighterLife mentioning that some people have trouble reverting back to eating again. Certainly mention it to your CDC, but why not start a thread on the main CD board on the subject and see what that throws up (no pun intended!). There must be someone on here who has experienced this and can give you some advice. Hopefully things will settle down soon.

I've not sold you on the CD Toffee & Walnut porridge then, Helen? At least the calories of OSS are low so it shouldn't affect your losses.

Wish Gem would drop by. Hope she's OK.

Thats Fab, So you started at 12.5lb & now your 11.4, How I wish to be your weight! :D Well Done!!

Kel, is that the microwave packs of Oats So Simple? And is it just the Original you have or is there is flavour. I remember someone mentioning Golden Syrup flavour and how if you mix in a teaspoon of Toffee & Walnut shake powder into a CD Original porridge it tastes just like OSS GS. I have been doing that ever since and am addicted. Anyway, I just ask as I want ideas for going up the plans when I finally get to goal and will probably want to go back to real porridge. Good to hear the cals are lower.

Keep off those scales! You're doing fine and your weight fluctuates so much in the week, it doesn't count!

Oh I cant stand the CD porridge it makes me feel sick seriously, my CDC loves it she could have 3 a day but its not for me! Honestly I love OSS so much, Yeah it is the Golden Syrup type, I had a packet yesterday morning & went until 3.20 before I had my dinner, drank about 3l yesterday gonna up to 4l today as I get weighed on Friday..

Hi all, sorry not been on for the last few days...busy busy at work.
I'm keeping at it. Not been 100% this week, as like Kelly I have substituted my porridge for OOS on one or two ocassions!!!!
I just can't eat the CD porridge anymore, which is ridiculous as I used to love it.
I am hoping for a few lbs off. Not expecting more than 3 really, so we shall see tomorrow.
Well done us for winning team of the week! :)

Hope everyone's doing well...I'm loving having my work trousers looser this week! :)

Well Done, How fab do u feel when them trousers are loose, when I came back from holiday mine were all tight so hoping next week they fit me again, lol.
I am soooo i love with OSS, tbh I could eat it for my 3 meals a day but I suppose it doesnt give you the vitamins you need...
Good Luck on ya weigh in chick... xx

Day 4 - Hump day

Well, so far so good - on end of day 4 and boy was it hard!!! I had the family over for lunch today and cooked a fab meal - but just wanted to reach out and eat it all :( BUT I didn't and had a veggie soup instead ha! Then we went out walking/roller blading with the kids and I actually felt better. I still have problems with drinking my water, and I think the reason I've had food cravings is really coz I'm bored.

I went and peeked at the scales, and it's -10lbs so far so I've lost the 7lbs from my time-off in NY +3 more - I have 3 days until weigh-in, so maybe I will have 2-3 less to report, we'll see. I do feel good about not giving in to the food-monster though! :cool:

Well I lost 4lb this week.
Have decided to go at sole source next week, to get another decent loss. I need to lose another stone to be back to what I was for my wedding. Can't wait!

Well I lost 4lb this week.
Have decided to go at sole source next week, to get another decent loss. I need to lose another stone to be back to what I was for my wedding. Can't wait!

Well Done 4lb is a good loss hun, I normally only lose 3-4lb my 2nd/3rd week on ss+..

x

Day 4 - Hump day

Sorry I posted this earlier on, but as I was on my Iphone, I didn't see I had posted it on the general CD Team forum and not on my team's.:rolleyes:

Day 4 - Hump Day

So I posted this earlier on, but as I was on my Iphone, I didn't see I had posted it on the general CD Team forum and not here.:rolleyes: So I'll copy and paste I guess:

Well, so far so good - on end of day 4 and boy was it hard!!! I had the family over for lunch today and cooked a fab meal - but just wanted to reach out and eat it all BUT I didn't and had a veggie soup instead ha! Then we went out walking/roller blading with the kids and I actually felt better. I still have problems with drinking my water, and I think the reason I've had food cravings is really coz I'm bored.

I went and peeked at the scales, and it's -10lbs so far so I've lost the 7lbs from my time-off in NY +3 more - I have 3 days until weigh-in, so maybe I will have 2-3 less to report, we'll see. I do feel good about not giving in to the food-monster though! :D

Well done guys, we are really on a roll these days. I don't get weighed this week as I am away until Friday but it sounds like you guys will more than make up for my little pound or two! Must admit I am looking forward to next Wed to see how I've done. The swimming is going well. Think I'm getting the hang of it now and the instructor even said my front crawl looked "quite elegant" today! Back Friday in time to do the results. Will probably have to go for a swim on Sat to put all I have learned into practice in a bigger pool, as this one is tiny.

Back