The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

thanks Frances, you are right. i will start tomorrow on packs and see how i go.

i won't give up if i slip up like i normally do. it seems a sensible solution. why didn't i think of it before?!?!?!

i thought about giving myself a small treat in the evenings if i can remain SS all day, just something small like little chocolate bar or something and then try to cut it out until i am SS totally.

i will see what happens tomorrow! x

What day of the week do we post our losses?

Bascially, the results have to be with Irene by 6pm Sunday so I usually try and log on Sunday morning about 11am, for those weighing at home, and calculate the results then. I usually just go through the thread and take the losses from the posts but if you post before 11am Sunday I'll count that too.
F

Not entirely sure, but me and night-owl both have our weigh in on Wednesday...i think?

Lost another pound today! 11.2!! Getting closer and closer to the 10s! And only 10lbs to lose until the next stone is gone. Seems my diet of 2 CD shakes and some scrambled egg is working :)

Hope everyones doing great!!

Glad you've found something that is working for you. An egg does make a nice change from chicken and tuna. My only concern would be that you are only having 2 packs a day -- you really do need 3 packs to get the RDA of vitamins and minerals. I promise you will still lose weight on 3 packs and an egg (so long as it's not a chocolate egg of course!)

Last edited:

i won't give up if i slip up like i normally do. it seems a sensible solution. why didn't i think of it before?!?!?!

i thought about giving myself a small treat in the evenings if i can remain SS all day, just something small like little chocolate bar or something and then try to cut it out until i am SS totally.

Sounds like a plan, Gem. Little steps. You'll get there.

Glad you've found something that is working for you. An egg does make a nice change from chicken and tuna. My only concern would be that you are only having 2 packs a day -- you really do need 3 packs to get the RDA of vitamins and minerals. I promise you will still lose weight on 3 packs and an egg (so long as it's not a chocolate egg of course!)

unfortunately not chocolate, lol. and i know :( but tbh, what i was eating before was WAYY off the RDA, so i guess its better than nothing. and the 3 CD's a day and nothing else was making me crave chocolate, so if 2 CDs and egg is working for me, i'd better stick to it if i wanna get to my goal by christmas eve!
:)

Well done guys!

I stayed the same this week, which considering I have been off plan and living on crap, is bloody good I think!

So far today I have been 100% which I'm proud of because I am sitting downstairs on my own and there are sweets in the house. I'm ignoring them! x

Well done guys!

I stayed the same this week, which considering I have been off plan and living on crap, is bloody good I think!

So far today I have been 100% which I'm proud of because I am sitting downstairs on my own and there are sweets in the house. I'm ignoring them! x

Well done for not giving in today :) Just throw the sweets out, they're not doing you any good so they might as well go in the bin. Thats what I did to all my sweets, mum purposely left a pack of giant chocolate buttons out and I chucked them out cause they were too tempting. :)

Hi guys, bit late today as I have my niece down and we went to the pier, but in good time to post the weekly results. Another stonking week for Team 1. We have five great results. I didn't weigh in last week but I will probably not count my results from here on as we seem to have acquired 7 teamies -- oops! But as I said, I am so close to goal now that I will just not count my losses. I'll still come on here as often though.

Our Team's Slimmer of the Week is enlightenme (5.9%) :party0011: just pipping Kel at the post, who also did very well with 9lbs off (5%)!! Well done too, to Abby (3.7%), Helen (2%) and Gilly (1.3%).

Our overall team result, including Gem sts (well done on that, Gem) is 3.1% which is pretty good.

I'll go and post it now. Well done everyone.

Last edited:
Well done everyone, excellent losses again this week:D

Must say that i am feeling so much better doing the 810 and still in ketosis which i'm delighted with.

When i started the abstinence thing, it was great not having to plan meals.
I knew what i was going to have without thinking about it.
I still don't have to think about it as i tend to stick to the same meal every night which i am enjoying.

Why oh why didn't i hear about this diet earlier!!!!!

Hope you all have a great week.

Hiya Darl,

I have to say, I wouldnt buy chocolate just to say that you will treat yourself every day, as if I was doing that the chocolate is there I wouldnt stop at 1 bar, why dont you have something else if you feel the need to eat.
Just coz I feel ur the same as me all or nothing, If it helps hun you have have my mobile number and text me when you feel its getting harder, I will be there for support as I know what its like. I had a chocolate bar today as I have had a total sh!te day but hey ho, I have done it, so tomorrow is straight back on it!!

x

Good morning ladies, well this week
was great for me! 14 lbs gone!!!! That's a stone less on me. Yay

Well Done, What a Loss!!! :eek:

Weigh in - 6lbs lost!! Weighed myself this morning and no loss, but better than a gain :)

Hope everyones doing great :)

Brilliant, Well Done, :D

Well done guys!

Well Done, Keep ignoring them, Just think of the money your throwing away if you treat yourself!! :rolleyes:

Biggest Losers again this week, Wow, What a FAB team we have here girls!!

Huge Congrats to Enlightenme, You rock girl...

xxxxx

Well cant believe how fast the weekend has gone, another week closer to xmas!

Had a crap day today and ate a starbar, But its done now so onwards and upwards, Just watching I'm a celeb to see all the misfits who are in.. :rolleyes:

Can I ask what your 2nd & 3rd week losses were girls? I am hoping for at least 3lb as it will get me back in the 11s, think its nearly totm though. :mad:

x

Back