The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Yayyy!! Congrats to us! And congrats to enlightenme especially!!

Hello Team 1. Where is everyone? Not resting on our laurels I hope LOL. Keeping up the hard work. Hope everyone had a good Monday. I didn't exercise today or yesterday. Missed it a bit, I must admit. My goodness! This is one reason why I know I will never go back to the weight I was -- I actually enjoy exercise now! The other reason is that I have changed my attitude to food -- I veer more towards the "eat to live" attitude now. Not completely there as I love my skinny lattes and ch*****te, but well on the way as I do feel it is more about catching up with someone rather than what's on your plate and more often than not I just want to get away from the table and get on with something more interesting! Never thought I would hear myself say that!

Hey you guys, thanx so much... I don't know what's wrong with me tonight, despite the fact that I lost so much, I feel, I still have so much more to lose, it's kinda depressing. I'll get over it, but just looking back at the past weeks, and seeing the ones ahead, I feel sorta out of breath. Tonight I 810'd it!! it was either that or :eatdrink023: So I took the winner's way out I think. I will not get on the scales tomorrow so as not to see the effects (didn't drink enough either). This diet is HARD, no way I want to make it harder.

I don't know as I have never Sole Sourced, but I can imagine how tough it is from a SS+ viewpoint. Well done for sticking at it. You'll feel better soon I am sure, especially when the weight starts falling off you. What's your name, enlightenme?

Did a Pilates class, followed by a quick swim. Weigh in the morning. It's been 2 weeks, and 3 weeks since I saw my CDC, so it will be..........interesting!

Hope everyone's going well!

Hii everyone, haven't posted in a couple of days. TOTM unfortunately :( Gone back up to 11.6. Really gutted, going to ask my CDC if I can skip my weigh in this week. Hopefully it'll have dropped by my next weigh in. Going to work extra hard to get lower than 11.2 by this time next week! Was SO close to the 10's aswell :(

Hope everyones doing great :)

Hii everyone, haven't posted in a couple of days. TOTM unfortunately :( Gone back up to 11.6. Really gutted, going to ask my CDC if I can skip my weigh in this week. Hopefully it'll have dropped by my next weigh in. Going to work extra hard to get lower than 11.2 by this time next week! Was SO close to the 10's aswell :(

Hope everyones doing great :)

Thats to be expected chick, Keep ya chin up, you will be fine by next week.. x

Hiya Girlies,

Well I have to say I am feeling really quite fed up with everything at the moment, which is not like me at all. Well I think everything has just came to a head where I honestly just wanna cry!! :(

On Sunday Keith was driving my car & he drove into a concrete post, he said he didnt see it, which I believe as he wouldnt do it on purpose, so what looked to be just paintwork it wasnt, my seatbelt traction exploded so need a new one of them, need a new headlight, bumber is dented, alot of paintwork needs doing, & also the chassis leg creased in 3 places ( which if I went through the insurance they would write my car off as its a big job) all through a 5mph crash, its just sods law that he hit the spot that would cause the most damage!
So he said he would pay for everything but then I feel awful as his car is due tax & a service & he is loosing his job in 3 weeks! :cry:
Good job I work in a garage as a lad has took the creases out & saved my car getting written off..

I am fed up of my job, my diet, (only lost 1lb since last week, although think its my totm coming) everything at the moment, God I sound sad dont I? Lass at work was talking to me yesterday & I nearly burst out crying!

Sorry for the rant girls, :cry: :cry: :cry:
Hope u are all ok..

OMG, I live in house number 1, number 6 a young lass rents there, she has just ran out as her kitchen caught fire, (dont know why yet)smoke going mad, fire engines galore outside!! :eek:

You poor thing, no wonder you're down in the dumps. Don't worry about your weight, that will keep trucking off by sticking to CD. It sounds like a really annoying little bump in that the damage far outweighs the force of the prang. Just try and deal with it as best you can and move on. It's not worth getting upset over it. I say this because I had a little crash a couple of years ago -- it wrote the car off. Very annoying. I aqua-planed. Just had to accept it and take the hit money-wise. How old is you car? Is there anyway you can take a couple of days off -- just a long weekend, maybe go a visit some friends or relatives to get away from it all. I find a change of scenery sometimes does the trick?

Well, I lost 3lbs in 2 weeks and I am 10 stone 1lb -- the lowest weight I have ever been in my adult life! :bliss:

My CDC thinks I should stop:eek:! She thinks I could go too far:rolleyes:! I can't stop this close to the 9's. I want to know how it feels to weigh 9 stone something. My BMI is 25. I read somewhere that for my age and height, my ideal weight is 9 stone 10. I was thinking of trying to get to 9 and a half stone so that I had some leeway when I went on maintenance. Can't decide now. Maybe I'll begin maintenance at 9 stone 10 :confused:.

CDC could not believe that I lost 6 lbs in 3 weeks on her scales. She said she was dreading it because I had plateaued for so long. She thinks it is all the exercise I do that has been causing my weight to go up and to plateau, because I am building muscle (I only started exercising regularly in Sept because I was so frustrated with sts). But I do think exercise finally does pay off as it raises your metabolism.

It's a tricky one but I know:
I am not going to stop exercising now.
If I don't get to my goal weight now I never will!

Last edited:
Abby, don't worry about it. This is not a weight gain, you know that. It is just water, not fat. You will have a really nice surprise next week. You will see the 10's very soon I promise you.

You poor thing, no wonder you're down in the dumps. Don't worry about your weight, that will keep trucking off by sticking to CD. It sounds like a really annoying little bump in that the damage far outweighs the force of the prang. Just try and deal with it as best you can and move on. It's not worth getting upset over it. I say this because I had a little crash a couple of years ago -- it wrote the car off. Very annoying. I aqua-planed. Just had to accept it and take the hit money-wise. How old is you car? Is there anyway you can take a couple of days off -- just a long weekend, maybe go a visit some friends or relatives to get away from it all. I find a change of scenery sometimes does the trick?

Nah, Just gonna chill out this weekend, Hopefully feel better as soon as my car is started on, getting the paintwork done on the 2nd Dec, thats the soonest he can start, Just hate driving it at the mo while its poorly! My car is 8 yrs old!

Well, I lost 3lbs in 2 weeks and I am 10 stone 1lb -- the lowest weight I have ever been in my adult life! :bliss:

My CDC thinks I should stop:eek:! She thinks I could go too far:rolleyes:! I can't stop this close to the 9's. I want to know how it feels to weigh 9 stone something. My BMI is 25. I read somewhere that for my age and height, my ideal weight is 9 stone 10. I was thinking of trying to get to 9 and a half stone so that I had some leeway when I went on maintenance. Can't decide now. Maybe I'll begin maintenance at 9 stone 10 :confused:.

CDC could not believe that I lost 6 lbs in 3 weeks on her scales. She said she was dreading it because I had plateaued for so long. She thinks it is all the exercise I do that has been causing my weight to go up and to plateau, because I am building muscle (I only started exercising regularly in Sept because I was so frustrated with sts). But I do think exercise finally does pay off as it raises your metabolism.

It's a tricky one but I know:
I am not going to stop exercising now.
If I don't get to my goal weight now I never will!

WOW, Well Done, I sooo wish I was your weight, Ideally I would love to be 10st, but I think another 2st to lose would be too much, I bet you are so proud of yaself.. :D

Well I have felt so down today I have ate 3 biscuits, a cereal bar & a sweet mince pie, why I done it I dont know but hey ho I did so tomorrow I will have to be extra good and drink loads of water!! :mad:

Hey, it could have been worse. As you say, just draw a line under it and move on. I would try and drink at least 2 litres today if I were you -- to stop you feeling hungrier later. Plan yourself something nice this weekend -- a DVD or something. Maybe something Christmasey? What's your favourite Christmas film? Mine's "It's a Wonderful Life".

Hey, it could have been worse. As you say, just draw a line under it and move on. I would try and drink at least 2 litres today if I were you -- to stop you feeling hungrier later. Plan yourself something nice this weekend -- a DVD or something. Maybe something Christmasey? What's your favourite Christmas film? Mine's "It's a Wonderful Life".

Well I drink 2l min daily anyway so thats not a problem, I have just had my oss fix with a litre of tea (Bought a minnie mug from florida that holds 1l of fluid) so will do another litre with 2 packs and hopefully maybe at least 1lb tomorrow morning! :rolleyes:
I love the Santa Claus movies, thats what we will be doing this weekend wrapping pressies and watching dvds!! :D

Well I am gonna have to start and wrap up some xmas pressies as my bedroom is over run by them, Had my daily fix of oss, Honestly I could eat that every day 3 times a day, I am in love.. lol

Well will pop in tomorrow hope u are all ok babes. x

Hi all!
I've been horrendously busy this week, so am, just popping on to say I weighed in last night and lost 4.5lb, so that's a total of 16.5lb in 3 weeks! YAY!
I'm now at the weight I was when I tried my wedding dress on for the first time last May, so I'm well on my way....

Hope everyone is doing ok...my little girl has tonsilitis, so haven't got time to check out everyone's posts tonight, but will try and do so tomorrow. Take care...xxxxx

Well done on the losses girls.

At least you stopped at one pie Kel. Could have been soooo much worse!

does anyone know what quorn pieces that you are allowed on the 810?

The only type i could see in the supermarket were "chicken style quorn pieces"
I had them tonight but there was a huge amount on my plate, felt wrong so only ate half.

Nightowl, do you see the end in sight?
Can't imagine how that would feel tbh.

Haven't been on for a while because I didn't want to post of my failure. I was sure if I weighed myself I would be nearing the 12's again, and my life would be over, lol.
Buttt...weighed myself this morning!

11 stone!!!!!!!! *happy dance*

omg! that means its only 8lbs to go till i reach my next stone! wooooooo

Hope everyones great :)

Hi all!
I've been horrendously busy this week, so am, just popping on to say I weighed in last night and lost 4.5lb, so that's a total of 16.5lb in 3 weeks! YAY!
I'm now at the weight I was when I tried my wedding dress on for the first time last May, so I'm well on my way....

Hope everyone is doing ok...my little girl has tonsilitis, so haven't got time to check out everyone's posts tonight, but will try and do so tomorrow. Take care...xxxxx

Well Done Missy, You have done Brilliant, Aww sorry to hear you little girl has tonsilitis, Its evil that, I suffered for yrs when I was younger only got them out about 5yrs ago!! Best thing I ever done.
Hugs xx

Well done on the losses girls.

At least you stopped at one pie Kel. Could have been soooo much worse!

does anyone know what quorn pieces that you are allowed on the 810?

The only type i could see in the supermarket were "chicken style quorn pieces"
I had them tonight but there was a huge amount on my plate, felt wrong so only ate half.

Nightowl, do you see the end in sight?
Can't imagine how that would feel tbh.

I know as I so love sweet mince pies, they are my weakness at xmas. :rolleyes:

Haven't been on for a while because I didn't want to post of my failure. I was sure if I weighed myself I would be nearing the 12's again, and my life would be over, lol.
Buttt...weighed myself this morning!

11 stone!!!!!!!! *happy dance*

omg! that means its only 8lbs to go till i reach my next stone! wooooooo

Hope everyones great :)

Well Done thats brilliant hun, Wish I was at 11st, You should be so proud!! Whoooo Hooooo!!
:D

Last edited:
Back