The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Hi girls, forgot to pop in last week. Just a 2lb loss.

That's me back to where i was in March, my lowest weight in over 20 yrs.

I just managed to fit into a size 14 jeans....i have never worn a size 14 in my life. I know it sounds strange but i went from pre pregnancy size 10 to an 18 after first pregnancy and went up from there. Usually bouncing around the 22-24 size.

I can't tell you how proud i am of myself. words can't describe how i feel.

The downside now is the comments from family and friends that i don't need to lose more weight, i am fine as i am, grrrr:( Don't they realise that i am still obese....how the hell can i be fine as i am:rolleyes:
However, my Wii states that i am now in the overweight category:confused:

Hope you all have a good week.

Well done Gilly that's ace!! You just carry on until you like how you are, don't worry what others think xxx

5lbs off for me woohoo so beat my back to uni target AND in the 18s AND lost over 3st yay!!! I'm also 1/3 of the way to my target weight! x

5lbs off for me woohoo so beat my back to uni target AND in the 18s AND lost over 3st yay!!! I'm also 1/3 of the way to my target weight! x

Good for you!! and Gilly as well, well I'm nowhere near where I was in March 203lbs, still 1.5 stones away, but I seem to have recovered my mojo, so I'm psyched... the head thing clicked again, so it's serious business now. I have a goal of 3 stones for Dec 5. That's 11 weeks away just about, so doable? I certainly hope so... I want to then go up the plans so that I'm at around 1000 cals for Xmas time. Hope it works out.

Thanks guys.

we will all be so much slimmer by xmas, keep going. I am going to have xmas lunch this year (if i'm not working). 1000 plan is good idea enlighten, you could have a good lunch on that.
What you gonna do Gem? You gonna stick to SS?

Well done gem, 5lb off and in getting in the 18's. bet you feel the difference already.

Not sure what's up wi me the past couple o days, feel dead sluggish. S'pose it could be totm looming, not sure though as it comes when it likes these days! hope it passes quick cause i am feeling really down too. Bloody things we have to put up with, grrrr!

Oh well, hope you all have a good focused week x

What you gonna do Gem? You gonna stick to SS?

For Christmas? I'm probably going to have a small Christmas dinner (lots of turkey and veg and only one roast potato and Yorkshire pudding). I don't want to deprive myself totally. I want to see if I can exercise self control. I'm confident I can otherwise I wouldn't even think about having dinner lol!

I'm coming off for my birthday too. Going to have a chinese takeaway (sticking to chicken chow mein) one night and then going out for a meal the night after. I'm determined to make good choices though (jacket potato instead of chips etc.) just to prove that I can do it.

I feel different this time. I know that if I come off the diet for a day or two, I CAN get back on SS again. I've been getting back on SS after my AAMWs and the last few times I've tried CD I haven't been able to do that.

Sorry I've waffled on a bit now!!! xxx

Think all our heads seem to be in the right place just now. well done girls.

I have decided to have a day off each month (payday) lol last month i managed fine, made wise choices and got straight back on plan the day after. I felt great for doing it and have something to look forward to all month. It's not a reward for being good like it used to be, it's just a me day!

Well, 4lb off for me this week:D i am so pleased. That's me in the 12's now, never going to see 13st again. Hopefully my bmi will be in the overweight range next week.....god, can't believe how excited i can get with these numbers lol (Gilly, needs to get a life) lol

On holiday next week so gonna try and get some photos done:eek: really need to do it and have been putting it off.

Think all our heads seem to be in the right place just now. well done girls.

I have decided to have a day off each month (payday) lol last month i managed fine, made wise choices and got straight back on plan the day after. I felt great for doing it and have something to look forward to all month. It's not a reward for being good like it used to be, it's just a me day!

Well done Gilly, you're on 810 or SS+? I think it's a great idea about the one day off, but what are you consuming, how many calories is the intake? Just curious as I would love to see if your approach works for you... Is it low carb? I would tend to tell myself a day off is a day off, and I don't think I trust myself to be making good food choices!!

As an ongoing team would you like to be part of a team challenge? If so please let me know and then we can decide how to organise it.

Thank you

Irene xx

Last edited:
I'm definitely up for it if you guys are? We might need to recruit some new members though as a few of us have gone AWOL lol x

There are 3 of us who are regularly checking in at the moment.

I think 6 is a good number for a team, and personally prefer weekly challenges to keep on track.

I'm not sure about enlightenme2 and sunshine1 though. Hopefully they will still be up for it since that's why they joined us in the first place lol.

I should think they will check in soon and let us know :D x

Just saw your signature Emma, I'll race you to the finish line for your xmas challenge. I've got a date early dec but a week or two more won't hurt. I need to lose 43 lbs as my xmas present to myself.

Hi there, got your message on FB Gem, thanks. Sorry I haven't been on. What with up and down to Glasgow all the time and then a week's holiday in Cornwall last week I don't know where I am. Suffice to say, I had a good holiday. Hmmmmm very good. Put on 6 lbs!!!!!!!!!!! Eeek!

I am now 11 stone 6 lbs. When I met David in May I was 10 stone and 10lbs and although I wasn't losing I was managing to stay under 11. Lowest I ever got to was before Christmas, 10 stone 2 lbs. I cannot believe I have put so much on. David has agreed to go on a diet with me so I fly up to Glasgow on Sunday and will sort my ticker and start back on the straight and narrow then. So yes, I would be up for a team challenge again. Looks like you're leader this time Gem. I'll be deputy for when you are away or busy studying!!

A BIG well done on your weight loss btw. You are doing so well. This time we will make it to goal!
Fx

A weekly challenge sounds good.

Frances, good to see back again. Nice to have someone close to lose weight with.

Gem, for my day off i usually have a shake for brekkie, head into town, shop then pub lunch. I am a creature of habit so always go to the same pub for home cooked, fresh grub. Before CD, i always had a a chilli cheeseburger , chips, coleslaw, onion rings and a diet irn-bru.
I still have the chilli cheeseburger but i don't have chips or the bun and have a salad instead with coleslaw and the onion rings.
The burger is a proper aberdeen angus burger and the chilli they pour over is burning hot which i love and i remove the kidney beans cause they are yuck lol

I usually treat myself to a small cake in the evening or an atkins cappucino and nut bar, mmm yummy.

So, no calorie counting and just trying to limit the carbs.

Works for me but obviously not for everyone. My losses are not any different when i have that day off.

It keeps me sane TBH.

Enlighten, i am on 810. I started on ss for the first week and moved right up. It suits me and doesn't leave me feeling deprived.

Have a good week girls x

Excellent so that makes 4 of us (good to see you back Frances!!!)!

I don't mind being leader - it gives me a purpose!!!

I shall send Irene a message and let her know we are in and then sort out trying to drum up a couple more members. I'll drop Kel a line and see if she wants in first x

The Team

Our team then is:

Elvira (team leader)
night-owl (deputy team leader)
sunshine1
enlightenme2
kelly1977

I shall advertise for one new member and then we have a full house.

Roll on the first week of the challenge!!! :D x

Back