The start of a new era

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
Today is the first day i do not have a "family home" anymore.

Moms house sold, at a loss, and the deal closed yesterday. So now, another family is there, in our walls, completely unaware of the 60 year history of that house - the love and wonderful times there. The meaning of various trees in the garden. The importance of the boulders once climbed upon, hours spent in childhood daydreams. The tree I stood under when my father gave me away. The tree that was planted in his honour, to mark his death. So many things. All the unmarked spots my childhood pets lay resting. So so many things.

The phone number that had been the same for 60 years, now rings unanswered.

My brother hid a photograph of my mother and father on their wedding day dancing in an embrace. It is tucked deep inside a closet, taped to the wall that is never visible from outside it. So they are still there, dancing....in the house they built for them, for us....the memory of their love for each other and all of us, safely tucked inside the walls - they are still the heart of the home.

I miss them. And I miss my home.

xxxx

Sad and beautiful... your post filled with love and precious memories wrapped me in a blanket of warmth as I read your words and for a moment I was there with you walking through your home, time and garden...your treasured memories are portable and you can take them with you and will always live on forever in your heart and in the words you write BL:hug99:

I love the idea of that photograph. Your Mother and Father will always be in that house. And you have lots of wonderful memories.

Irene xx

Good to see you back BL, this year has certainly been a rough ride for you.

I love the idea of hiding the photo, and remember the house may belong to another family now,who will no doubt make their own memories,but no one can take yours away !!

Hey BL Darling

So good to see you, we must pm to catch up

Love you loads

J
xx

I have been thinking about you a lot lately!!! Hope you are well - its so good to see you!!!

Will definately catch up - and maybe we should plan another outing, us four?

Happy New Year lovey!!!

xxxxxxx

BL I think it is long overdue!!! I am so pleased to read you are in a much better place mentally... sounds like you are finally after years of hardship finding you again, which makes me smile :)

J
xx

Back