The start of something good!

First gain

Hi all

thanks for your words of support and kindness - it has really helped me get back on track after two weeks with a gain and some food being eaten that wasn't on plan.

Work has got so stressful that instead of stepping back and using the tools I learnt on my CBT sessions, I ran straight to the old way of dealing with it and ate my way out of it. I have put on 4 lbs which I hope will be dealt with by the weekend after a week of sticking to the plan.

I have also noticed that as more and more people ask me about the weight I have lost and say how good it is etc I am getting more and more angry with them...it is not their weight loss to discuss or tell me how well I am doing...and how I mustn't give up...I feel like being really sarky to them and replying "OK, I won't because I was going to give up until you talked to me just now; I don't now how I managed to get through the last 7 months without your approval" - of course I haven't so far as I am trying not to be rude to people at work. Grrrrrrrrr

I am talking to my CDC lots when i visit - the last session was nearly an hour - lucky she didn't have anyone booked after me. I am very lucky as she is very good and supportive as well as kicking me up the arse when I need it.

Hope your week is good and productive!

Love Cx

Hi Clair,

As long as you keep trying you'll get back on track. I have been on and off -- and am back on atm. I gained 8 pounds myself between late April and mid-July. And, I finally lost one of those pounds... so 1/2 stone to get back to where I was when I went on holiday, got back and stay the same for a month... then another stone after that to goal. It seems as if it'll take forever, but I know we can do this!

Mel

P.S. Eventually, people forget you were ever heavy and you'll be just Clair. It gets old and annoying having it all be about the weight, but it an impressive accomplishment.

Back