The Start. . . .

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Diaries' started by xCoochx, 11 March 2011 Social URL.

1. xCoochx

xCoochx Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.47%)
    I started my healthier eating last friday and my first goal was to lose weight by today. Weighed myself this morning and i've lost 3lb :D. So my next goal is to lose weight by next friday. I'm not bothered how much i lose just as long as i lose!
    I'm not on any specific diet, just trying to choose healthier food, not snack like i used to and make my portion sizes smaller. Seems to have worked for me this week.
    I'm not in a rush to lose the weight as I want to be able to keep it off and i feel this is the best way for me to acieve it.
    All in all a good week for me (missing the snacks already though lol)
    Planning on doing my wii fit exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes a day, so far i've managed about an hour a day. Bought a new just dance game the other day just to make sure i don't get bored doing the same thing over and over again.
    Sounds ridiculous i know but when i've lost some weight then i'm going to consider joining a gym and starting swimming. Don't feel comfortable at all with my body as yet to exercise infront of anybody

Last edited: 11 March 2011
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sweetas15.13

Sweetas15.13 loving being a loser

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(16.12%)
    Diet:
    Low carb
    just dance is brilliant fun i can play that for an hour without realizing... i started my diet a week ago yesterday and i also lost 3lbs.. i am following slim fast :) good luck on your weight loss ... this is your journey... your right it doesnt have to be a race... just take it day by day lb by lb!!! well done on your weightloss and good luck for your 2nd week :)

4. RainbowRose

RainbowRose Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Healthy eating and willpower!
    Well done on your weight loss so far!

Welcome along, everyone on here are very supportive and friendly :)

Good luck!

5. xCoochx

xCoochx Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.47%)
    Thank you :)
    I'm already looking forward to next weeks weigh in lol never thought i'd say that!

6. RainbowRose

RainbowRose Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    I was even dreaming about having my weigh in last week!

Yes, i was looking forward to it that much lol

Rx

7. Sweetas15.13

Sweetas15.13 loving being a loser

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(16.12%)
    Diet:
    Low carb
    i know when you stay good its exciting isnt it!! hehe x

8. Pink!

Pink! Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(17.78%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    Heya, great loss so far, well done!

I was so nervous about joining the gym, but when I did it it was really worth it. No one looks at you and judges, trust me. They're all too busy doing their own work outs. if you look on a site like 'voucher cloud' you can usually get a free 1 day pass for a couple of different gyms, so you can just try it out and see what you think.

Good luck :)

9. MaisieMoodle

MaisieMoodle Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(9.68%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating.
    Hi Cooch :)

Well done on your loss so far. You sound like you've got exactly the right attitude, which is half the battle in my experience.

For low-fat snacks I like the following:

Sugar free jelly
    Chopped fruit, whatever you like; bananas, grapes, strawberries are my favourites....... covered with a low fat yoghurt. Lovely and sweet and filling too.
    Velvet crunch crisps are fab for a savoury fix, only about 80 cals and very tasty. Quavers, Skips and Wotsits are similar too.

Don't deny yourself too much though. If you want a treat.... whether it's a bar of chocolate, a glass of wine, whatever - have it but don't go mad ;) I find if I deny myself too much then the danger of a binge is not far away but by allowing myself the odd, small treat it makes life easier and more manageable.

Lots of luck :) x

10. xCoochx

xCoochx Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.47%)
    So I did my weigh in on Friday and. . . . .
    3lb lost :D :D
    I'm very happy but i have struggled this week. I seem to be craving everything i vowed to stay away from. So i had a treat on Friday and had fish and chips for my dinner (tasted even better than i thought they would).
    I made some sugar-free jelly up for when i get that sweet craving (thanks for the tip ;)).
    I never thought just changing a few of my bad habits would bring me the results i've had in such a short time!!
    Thanks everyone for the replies and the support and the useful info :D xx

11. Emmaline

Emmaline Hippety Hop!

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8.2lb(9.82%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting and low carbs
    Hi Cooch, So how is it going?
    Do hope you haven't given up already after such a good start.
    Looking forward to reading your progress and I'm quite sure you can do it - ....:)

Last edited: 30 March 2011
  12. xCoochx

xCoochx Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.47%)
    Well this is the first chance i've had to update as my internet has been down.
    Weighed in last week and i've lost nothing :sigh:
    On the bright side (which is what i'm looking at lol) I haven't put on!!
    I struggled last week and admit I gave in to my struggles more than I should have done which in my mind has resulted in the no weight loss.
    I'm not taking this as a bad thing, i'm going to use it as a positive to help me get through any mind struggles i'll face this week. I now know that i cant give in and i need to stay strong and stay away from the biscuits lol
    Hopefully next week will give me a weight loss after my little wobble this week :)

13. Emmaline

Emmaline Hippety Hop!

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8.2lb(9.82%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting and low carbs
    Hi Cooch, Hope you will be posting soon ... keep checking to see where you are!.....:)

14. xCoochx

xCoochx Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.47%)
    Had a sneeky mid-week weigh today and another 3lb down :D :D :D
    So pleased!!!
    Actually think I've noticed a difference in the mirror this morning too, I just seem to look a little bit smaller all over really.
    Another brilliant positive thought for me to keep pushing and fighting the flab :D
    I'll update over the weekend after official weekly way in which I'm really looking forward to lol x

15. RainbowRose

RainbowRose Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Well done on your weight loss so far, great news!

keep posting and I look forward to reading your next progress post. Good luck :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.