Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

The Start. . . .

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Diaries' started by xCoochx, 11 March 2011 Social URL.

1. xCoochx

xCoochx Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.47%)
    I started my healthier eating last friday and my first goal was to lose weight by today. Weighed myself this morning and i've lost 3lb :D. So my next goal is to lose weight by next friday. I'm not bothered how much i lose just as long as i lose!
    I'm not on any specific diet, just trying to choose healthier food, not snack like i used to and make my portion sizes smaller. Seems to have worked for me this week.
    I'm not in a rush to lose the weight as I want to be able to keep it off and i feel this is the best way for me to acieve it.
    All in all a good week for me (missing the snacks already though lol)
    Planning on doing my wii fit exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes a day, so far i've managed about an hour a day. Bought a new just dance game the other day just to make sure i don't get bored doing the same thing over and over again.
    Sounds ridiculous i know but when i've lost some weight then i'm going to consider joining a gym and starting swimming. Don't feel comfortable at all with my body as yet to exercise infront of anybody

Last edited: 11 March 2011
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sweetas15.13

Sweetas15.13 loving being a loser

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(16.12%)
    Diet:
    Low carb
    just dance is brilliant fun i can play that for an hour without realizing... i started my diet a week ago yesterday and i also lost 3lbs.. i am following slim fast :) good luck on your weight loss ... this is your journey... your right it doesnt have to be a race... just take it day by day lb by lb!!! well done on your weightloss and good luck for your 2nd week :)

4. RainbowRose

RainbowRose Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Healthy eating and willpower!
    Well done on your weight loss so far!

Welcome along, everyone on here are very supportive and friendly :)

Good luck!

5. xCoochx

xCoochx Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.47%)
    Thank you :)
    I'm already looking forward to next weeks weigh in lol never thought i'd say that!

6. RainbowRose

RainbowRose Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    I was even dreaming about having my weigh in last week!

Yes, i was looking forward to it that much lol

Rx

7. Sweetas15.13

Sweetas15.13 loving being a loser

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(16.12%)
    Diet:
    Low carb
    i know when you stay good its exciting isnt it!! hehe x

8. Pink!

Pink! Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(17.78%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    Heya, great loss so far, well done!

I was so nervous about joining the gym, but when I did it it was really worth it. No one looks at you and judges, trust me. They're all too busy doing their own work outs. if you look on a site like 'voucher cloud' you can usually get a free 1 day pass for a couple of different gyms, so you can just try it out and see what you think.

Good luck :)

9. MaisieMoodle

MaisieMoodle Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(9.68%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating.
    Hi Cooch :)

Well done on your loss so far. You sound like you've got exactly the right attitude, which is half the battle in my experience.

For low-fat snacks I like the following:

Sugar free jelly
    Chopped fruit, whatever you like; bananas, grapes, strawberries are my favourites....... covered with a low fat yoghurt. Lovely and sweet and filling too.
    Velvet crunch crisps are fab for a savoury fix, only about 80 cals and very tasty. Quavers, Skips and Wotsits are similar too.

Don't deny yourself too much though. If you want a treat.... whether it's a bar of chocolate, a glass of wine, whatever - have it but don't go mad ;) I find if I deny myself too much then the danger of a binge is not far away but by allowing myself the odd, small treat it makes life easier and more manageable.

Lots of luck :) x

10. xCoochx

xCoochx Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.47%)
    So I did my weigh in on Friday and. . . . .
    3lb lost :D :D
    I'm very happy but i have struggled this week. I seem to be craving everything i vowed to stay away from. So i had a treat on Friday and had fish and chips for my dinner (tasted even better than i thought they would).
    I made some sugar-free jelly up for when i get that sweet craving (thanks for the tip ;)).
    I never thought just changing a few of my bad habits would bring me the results i've had in such a short time!!
    Thanks everyone for the replies and the support and the useful info :D xx

11. Emmaline

Emmaline Hippety Hop!

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6.2lb(8.94%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting and low carbs
    Hi Cooch, So how is it going?
    Do hope you haven't given up already after such a good start.
    Looking forward to reading your progress and I'm quite sure you can do it - ....:)

Last edited: 30 March 2011
  12. xCoochx

xCoochx Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.47%)
    Well this is the first chance i've had to update as my internet has been down.
    Weighed in last week and i've lost nothing :sigh:
    On the bright side (which is what i'm looking at lol) I haven't put on!!
    I struggled last week and admit I gave in to my struggles more than I should have done which in my mind has resulted in the no weight loss.
    I'm not taking this as a bad thing, i'm going to use it as a positive to help me get through any mind struggles i'll face this week. I now know that i cant give in and i need to stay strong and stay away from the biscuits lol
    Hopefully next week will give me a weight loss after my little wobble this week :)

13. Emmaline

Emmaline Hippety Hop!

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6.2lb(8.94%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting and low carbs
    Hi Cooch, Hope you will be posting soon ... keep checking to see where you are!.....:)

14. xCoochx

xCoochx Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.47%)
    Had a sneeky mid-week weigh today and another 3lb down :D :D :D
    So pleased!!!
    Actually think I've noticed a difference in the mirror this morning too, I just seem to look a little bit smaller all over really.
    Another brilliant positive thought for me to keep pushing and fighting the flab :D
    I'll update over the weekend after official weekly way in which I'm really looking forward to lol x

15. RainbowRose

RainbowRose Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Well done on your weight loss so far, great news!

keep posting and I look forward to reading your next progress post. Good luck :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.