The SW Rice is wonderful!!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Pedro2704, 21 October 2010 Social URL.

1. Pedro2704

Pedro2704 Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(13.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi! I have become addicted to the slimming world rice (Extra Easy cookbook with the Keema Curry). It's better than any I've had from many an indian restaurant! It's so easy. You have one part rice, to two parts vegetables stock. You add a pinch of turmeric and saffron and one cinnamon stick. You boil this covered for around 8-10 minutes or until the rice has absorbed the liquid. Then take it off the heat and leave it for 10 minutes! It's gorgeous!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]x3[​IMG]

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Gettingthinnerbytheday

Gettingthinnerbytheday Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Never tried it that way, will try & think on next time cooking though as I love rice :)

4. Pedro2704

Pedro2704 Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(13.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It's seriously yummy! In the book they add Cardamom pods, but we didn't have any!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]x3[​IMG]

5. hendyvuk

hendyvuk Member

Hi,

i can see that you have done really well since you have joined, what is it that you are doing to acheive this mega weight loss? x

6. Crazyfool

Crazyfool Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I haven't got that recipe book but it does sound lovely. I will try this instead of my usual boring boiled rice.

7. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I do a similar type rice, but instead of saffron add some whole cloves and cardamom pods with the turmeric.

Is also nice if you fry a small onion finely chopped in some frylight, then add your rice dry and mix thoroughly, then add the stock etc.

8. Nicky2kuk

Nicky2kuk Member

This rice is amazing!! So easy and so yummy!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.