The sweets leapt at me !!

Bronte

Hi all

Last few days have not been good as i've been craving sugar but i've managed to stay on the packs but yesterday was not a good day!! i was visiting a freind who had some sweets in a bowl left over from chistmas and before i knew it they leapt at me and I ate them without a care or worry, i'm really annoyed with myself as i then went home and ate 3 wagon wheels & spag bog and falafels. After a lot of soul searching i've decided to draw a line under the whole episode and put it behind me, has anyody else done this ? when i was on LL i stuck to the programme 100 % - advice anyone ? x

No advice but I wanted to say, well done for climbing back on the wagon and leaving the past where it belongs. Just remember, if you are perfect you have nothing to strive for in life.;)

Hi all

Last few days have not been good as i've been craving sugar but i've managed to stay on the packs but yesterday was not a good day!! i was visiting a freind who had some sweets in a bowl left over from chistmas and before i knew it they leapt at me and I ate them without a care or worry, i'm really annoyed with myself as i then went home and ate 3 wagon wheels & spag bog and falafels. After a lot of soul searching i've decided to draw a line under the whole episode and put it behind me, has anyody else done this ? when i was on LL i stuck to the programme 100 % - advice anyone ? x
Hey Bronte my sister,

Our stats are very similar. I started LL at the end of August and was perfectamundo, even went to Italy and stayed in abstinence, then 12 days in the States in abstinence !!! I amazed myself. Switched to Exante at the beginning of December and 3 packs took a bit of getting used to , still not used to it and I miss my porridge pack very much, ... but am moving on. Xmas I scoffed for day after day but didn't totally dive back into completely lost carb lust. Put on 9 lbs though ! Finally got back on it and wasn't 100% but was low carb, snacked on brazil nuts. Upped it to four packs for a week which helped and cut out snacking. Felt that my weight loss slowed a bit though, so have gone back to 3 packs but am having a couple of boiled eggs a day, I'm veggie and they are lower carb than a pack and good nutrition and filling protein. Well that's the idea anyway. I think it's really important t ogo back to your LL cbt stuff and to focus on your goals, take each pack at a time, day at a time. For me the really big key is making sure I congratulate myself, not see it as deprivation. I have to take deliberate time to relax and recognise when I'm stressed, reassure myself I am OK, not to panic and let stress fester but kind of calm myself down internally and get my balance back. Not that I'm in a mad panic attack but it's small hidden stress that builds up and can lead to me munching without really knowing why. I guess it's listening more carefully to your inner self and looking after it with quiet soothing internal kind words. I hope I am not sounding crazy, but this has been a big learning journey for me. I always thought I wasn't a worrier and scoffed at those who were, then I discovered that as well as scoffing at others I was scoffing for others !! Just mentally blanked it and anaesthetised myself with food. I have written just a few lines of encouragement and congratulation to myself which I read and reaffirm internally every morning and night time. I keep them by my bed. I say well done to myself for doing the right thing and taking care of myself. Getting back on the wagon is a major major achievement in my book, never never give up on yourself. Make it all count though, re focus, you know you can do it. Take care of yourself.

Back