The things she says lol !!!

fillymum

synful soul
We look after an elderly friend. Sometimes, well to be most of the time she is a pain in the butt.

However sometimes she says such funny things, unintentionally but so funny.

Two of the latest are,

" It is disgraceful. You can buy a mobile phone with a built in Sten gun now, disgraceful, disgraceful ":8855:

I think she meant the stun gun ones.

Yesterday she asked me to get her some shorthand biscuits. I laughed and asked her were they the ones that type:8855:

She is so serious whilst she is saying these things.

Love it, FM. Reminds me of my Nan. She wondered how there was so many unwanted pregnancies in the world with all the available "contractatives" around these days. She couldn't understand why people kissed with tongues and thought it was disgusting and my favourite, she always used a knife with a "segregated" edge. It's such a joke in our family now we say it without even realising it's wrong!

My late gran insisted she had a michael wave in her kitchen!! :)

Mind you she wore dentures and when she was given chocolate brazil nuts she licked off the chocolate and gave the nuts to her home help! :D

Don`t know if the poor woman ever found out!!

My late gran insisted she had a michael wave in her kitchen!! :)

:8855::8855::8855:

Love it . From this minute on mine will also be csalled Michael so much nicer than a boring Microwave.

My late mum was a real innocent and often said things that were a bit rude without really realising she was being rude.

She used to say "Rucking Fidiculous " and was shocked beyond belief when I told her what she was implying.

My cousin was visiting my nan and the cousins mobile phoone rang, my nan asked how they knew she was there!

Oh I love that and so understandable when today's technology must be so confusing to so many elderly folks.

My ex's late grandma was born when the streets were still cobbled and there were no cars.

She lived to see the first cars, air travel, men in Space, etc. and on her first flight to Paris asked if she would get high enough to see angels............bless her !!!

I remember when my gran told us about the first time she went to the cinema.

This was in the days before cinemas in proper buildings that we know today.

She lived in a country area and the cinema would set up on the village green like the fair or circus. Anyway, there was one part of the film in which a steam train pulled up into a station.

Everyone dived for cover thinking the train was heading for them and they would all be killed!!

I agree with the previous posting. She was born in the days of the horse & cart. Even when cars did arrive only the doctor & vicar could afford them!!

I remember when my gran told us about the first time she went to the cinema.

This was in the days before cinemas in proper buildings that we know today.

She lived in a country area and the cinema would set up on the village green like the fair or circus. Anyway, there was one part of the film in which a steam train pulled up into a station.

Everyone dived for cover thinking the train was heading for them and they would all be killed!!

I agree with the previous posting. She was born in the days of the horse & cart. Even when cars did arrive only the doctor & vicar could afford them!!

It is things like this that make me love and respect that generation so much. We could learn a lot for them.

I can spend hours listening to today's 80 and 90 years olds and never get tired of their stories.

They did so much and were allowed to do so much, no Health and Safety or politically correct in those days.

We have so much these days compared with then,

I quite agree!! They lived in a different age. When my granddad was born Queen Victoria had only been dead a year.

Having said that, Our childhood was completely different to today`s kids (I sound like my mother!).
When my oldest was little (He`s now 30!!) he once asked about tv when I was little. He understood that it was black n white in the 60`s (giving away my age lol). Then he asked that if tv was black n white was the whole world the same!! :D

He now has two kids of his own and I`m a grandma of 5!

My own grandma lived long enough to see the first two of my grandchildren born, she lived to be 95.

My future grandchildren will never understand phone boxes (that makes me sad), using cash for everything, or cheques for big stuff. Only being able to phone or write to people.

My kids are incredulous at the mobile shop that would come twice a week, the doughnut man doing the rounds on saturdays, that I never, ever, once got a lift to or from school.
That I would go out of a morning during summer hols and mum wouldn't have a clue where I was till I came home. That TV would go off in the afternoon and ended midnight with God Save The Queen. That it was ok for me to buy tobacco as a kid but shops were closed on a Sunday. That the local policeman was known to us by name (PC Lancaster, we called him Bert behind his back).

How much has changed and I'm only 41!

My mum informed me that she had to get her breasts checked at the clinic. She told me she had a monogram.

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

i remember going out in the mornings too in the summer hols with only a jam sandwich and a jubbly to my name. and we didnt come home until late and we were filthy dirty. we used to go swimming over Wanstead Flats in the smelling lake where the cows used to take a dump. lovely!!!!

tara40 said:
i remember going out in the mornings too in the summer hols with only a jam sandwich and a jubbly to my name. and we didnt come home until late and we were filthy dirty. we used to go swimming over Wanstead Flats in the smelling lake where the cows used to take a dump. lovely!!!!

Used to do the same, me andy sis would knock on people's door and ask for a drink of we were thirsty. The only rule we had was to take 2 p for the phone box in case we had to call home! Xx

We used to go all day as well with a sandwich and a drink and mum and dad never worried about us. It was such a lovely age of innocence and respect.

My son, who is 48 this year also used to disappear all day he and 2 friends would go off on their ponies ( they were country kids were it was as normal to have a pony as a bike and not posh at all ) they took sandwiches and drinks in a saddle bag and I never, ever even considered they could come to any harm. They used to strip off and swim in the stream with their ponies, they had such fun which as Shirleen so rightly said, today's kids will never know.

When we were out playing we knew soon as the street lights came on it was time to go home. We had so much more freedom than kids now. I think it's sad the rules and limitations placed on my nieces by comparison but sadly it's essential now

Is the world a worse place or are we just much more aware of things because of the Internet and 24 hour news channels etc

Back