The *Thoughtful* Thursday Thread

MinnieMel

Why Be Normal?
Hello All,

I did not see a daily thread started so I thought I would go ahead and start one.

It seems as if a lot of us on this forum are doing a lot of thinking: soul seaching, even.

We are trying to figure out how to stay motivated; why we were so overweight; if what we are doing is working for us; how to mkae things work better, fasterm etc.; and, how we will manage once we get to goal.

Some of us are self-sabotaging; some of us are really struggling with our commitments to the diet, work, families, relationships, etc.; and, some of us are really trying to work through all of our issues that have contributed to our weight burden (not just physical).

So, THOUGHTFUL is the modifier of the day.

I am going to try and be "thoughtful" about my issues, motivations, present and future challenges -- as well as -- any other issues that cross my path today. I am going to try to not react, but "pause and reflect".

MM

What a great modifier MM. We all have our ups and down, I just feel with CD things have a tendency to quickly go "south". I don't know if it's because I cut a very essential part of my life out - food... and i need to figure out a replacement fast as i'm approaching goal, but I have definitely become "reactive" rather than pausing and reflecting; sometimes leading to some unnecessary confrontations and stress. So today I will pause and think

good afternoon ladies.
i had my weigh in on tuesday and lost 3lbs this week making 16lbs in 3 weeks.
at first i was disappointed with the loss this week BUT i am still having problems in the toilet department. i take fibre suppliments every day plus movicol twice a day and ive been to the toilet twice in 3 weeks :sigh:.
i will stick with it and am trying things such as 2 bars, having all shakes close together, etc but im yet to find the magic cure for me.
this was the very reason i had to leave cd last time but this time around i am determined to stick it out in the hope something will help eventually but until then i guess any loss is a loss.

Try some sugarfree candy made with malitol... but then do not stray too far from the loo.

16 pounds is FAB! I have not lost that much in 7 weeks!

ahhhh, i havent tried that MM, thanks.
i assume i could get that sort of candy from the boots diabetic range. i will have to have a look.:)

Yes, it'll give you awful wind... but it cleans you out if you eat more than a few pieces.

MM

I find the dulco pico perles ( tesco sell them ) really good cheryl .... certainly clear me out when I need to ......

thanks for the thread Mm .... its something I am trying really hard with , when I feel the need to binge I need to stop and really think about it , what it would achieve and how it would make me feel ....... I had an amazing week last week and it was all ruined on monday with 1 little slip leading to a full carb filled binge , which left me feeling so ill and burping the most disgusting tasting belches .... I need to stop and think of this feeling whenever I am temped ....
one day of eating led to a 8 lb gain ( as always ) and after 2 days back 100 % I have only got rid of 3 of that :cry: I am so disappointed as I was down into the 10s on monday and so happy , now i am going to have a gain on monday and have to tell my CDC I failed ... again :cry::cry:

feeling very down about it at the moment and very doubtful that I will ever keep this weight off :cry:

well I had a good night shift last night , although I havent managed a lot of sleep today so tonight may be a tough one ... I am really looking forward to my induction at the gym on wednesday , I am plannning on trying to turn my food addiction into an exercise addiction ( wishful thinking ??!!)

Back