the times they are a changin......

I am in the zone however nothing will make me avoid food for Christmas day! I will happily take the hit for my turkey and champers. What about you?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Jen, just popping in to see how you're doing love x
Ps: I'm totally with you Laura! I won't go mad and will avoid carbs as far as possible but I won't drive myself crazy with abstinence either :)

thanks lady hows tricks with yourself the American extravaganza is looming ever closer, it will be epic!
jxx

I know its only 6 weeks away!!! Eeeek! I should lose 24lbs by then I hope if I do 4lbs a week! I'm having Xmas day off as my only ever day off but my councillor did mention that I should get a pretty big loss the following week if I go straight back on it.
A lemon bar really fills me up so I know I won't be able to stomach much..

Ahhh I can't wait to get away! xoxo

hi there

think your all very wise to enjoy some of the xmas festivities then crack on with the goals straight after.
i am back from weigh in and its a pound gain not surprised could of be worst, not going to let a piggy in trough moment stop me, it is amazing how quickly it disappears if you get it sorted straight away rather than give it some pals back to lurk round your middle.

have just discovered chai tea the twinnings one really tasty and would be free if you drink it black, nice for a change ( i do love a chai latte)
jxx

hi there

think your all very wise to enjoy some of the xmas festivities then crack on with the goals straight after.
i am back from weigh in and its a pound gain not surprised could of be worst, not going to let a piggy in trough moment stop me, it is amazing how quickly it disappears if you get it sorted straight away rather than give it some pals back to lurk round your middle.

have just discovered chai tea the twinnings one really tasty and would be free if you drink it black, nice for a change ( i do love a chai latte)
jxx

Totally the right attitude hon! Make sure that pound is a 'Norman-No-Mates'! I'm ashamed to confess how long it took me to figure out how easy it is to recover from stray food indiscretions as long as you jump straight back on the straight and narrow..... Huh - I guess that's why I came back after the first go' round on Cambridge :D Anywaaaay, hope you had a good 'on plan/maintaining' day xx

i am getting along very nicely so far this week

going to a mendi night for a friends wedding tomorrow and there will be lovely home made indian food so it would be positively rude not to try it:rolleyes: i am hoping to lose half the pound this week and half a pound next as im going out for my first xmas lunch then which would bring me back on level pegging but just need to keep plugging on as long as there are no steep inclines i ll be happy.

normally i could easily put on half a stone over the festivities so think with my hawk like observation of the scales this should be a thing of the past.
jxx

Oh yummy Indian cuisine *drool*.... I think you can select quite a few things to keep you on the (relatively) straight and narrow - although what I would do for a biriyani doesn't bear thinking about :D Actually, I take that back somewhat ... At this stage I'd just love a taste of the spices, I don't actually think I'm craving a full on banquet which would have been my usual speed pre-CWP! ..... Half a pound this week and next sound doable too. At your stage it's all about right choices and getting to know what works for your body, isn't it? You sound so positive and in control xx Good on ya chick xx

i feel happy with my re feed i ve maintained which is pretty good had a few nights out so strayed off path but not let it get out of hand. i dont feel frightened of food and as you can t really survive long term with out it, this is good! a few pounds off would of been excellent but i think my body has come out of hyper drive so there has to be a period of adjustment. rome wasn t built in a day and i don t need to be at goal tomorrow.

over the years i ve learned to like me, i don t think that weight loss magically transforms your life for the better, sure it makes you feel better in your self but your core remains the same so to reach that nirvana state you need to work on appreciating or valuing yourself. how other people view us is kind of unimportant, it is def a game of two halves
jxx

I love that Jen, you are so right! Week one over (again) and have lost 10lbs! Back into the tens which I am greatly pleased with. Now attempt number two at the refeeding until I get to goal. I would love to hit goal by Christmas. Christmas Day dress shopping today, may even treat myself to a chicken salad with no dressing for lunch!

You've hit the nail on the head: the key to mental, spiritual and emotional health is definitely learning to value and appreciate yourself ... a work in progress; it's interesting that this process (weight loss via a vlcd) encourages great introspection and working on attitudes to healthy living so all this hard work isn't for naught.

I hope you have a great day xx

Hiya gorgeous :D It's so quiet on here lately! I'm sure you're just cruising along.... Hope you're having a great weekend x

i am indeed thanks was at my friends mendi night on fri buffet was fab but im getting good at the good protein choices so no carb hangover for me, she was looking utterly stunning. then yesterday i was at a dermatology course which was pretty intensive so finally have a bit of me time going to the gym this avo. there is a good possibility that provided i don t do anything outrageous in the food stakes today i might get my fully pound off on weigh in day. scales said 10st 10pounds and a quarter! this morning so im really hoping kick that wayward pound into touch!

how has your weekend been? king twat been in attendance?

jxx

No king twat - so a lovely weekend (he visits my Sunshine Boy every two weeks, that's if my lovely 15 year old has nothing better to do with his mates!) , and that's the spirit: you kick that wayward pound's butt :D

It sounds like you really have cracked making the right choices for your body and lifestyle.... It gives the rest of us hope for the end of this journey :) x

:hijack::hijack::hijack:

Hi Viita, I think after the last few weeks SS all of our appetites will be diminished anyway - but to make doubly sure I will be rocking some magic knickers as my secret friend on Christmas day. They're so constrictive on my tum they leave me with no appetite .... Score! Lol I want to join in the festivities, but I want to reign in the 'Beast', aka my hungry hippo greedy appetite, even more :D

When's your trip? America is it? You must be so excited! How're you getting on with SS? xx

:hijack::hijack::hijack:

Hi Viita, I think after the last few weeks SS all of our appetites will be diminished anyway - but to make doubly sure I will be rocking some magic knickers as my secret friend on Christmas day. They're so constrictive on my tum they leave me with no appetite .... Score! Lol I want to join in the festivities, but I want to reign in the 'Beast', aka my hungry hippo greedy appetite, even more :D

When's your trip? America is it? You must be so excited! How're you getting on with SS? xx

Hey Bev,
Everythings well over here.. Still 100% as always from day one. No slip up's.
Sounds like a good idea! To be honest I very much doubt i'll eat much. I'm bloated and full from a lemon bar!
My CDC has said a day off will be good for me as it'll knock a huge number off the following week at weigh in..
I'm 12st3lbs on my scales so I am so close to my goal i'm hoping to be done on my goal date.
I'm off to Phoenix & New York on the 10th of Jan. Can't wait I need the break from work stress.
Not finding SS any issues whatsoever.. It's been pretty easy to be honest! Hope all is well with you..

xoxo

thanks girls

im well pleased with myself, its a slow process but im quite happy just to plod along one pound at a time. ready for the christmas challenge 11st is my weight ceiling over the festivities. i will be trying to keep it to no gain but not about to let any detours spoil my path to goal.
jx

Back