The Tudors

CHRISR

Gold Member
Does anyone else love The Tudors watched it tonight - FAB

Might not be factual but who cares - Jonathon Rhys Meyers gorgeous.

He is very lush! There's no way Henry VIII was that fit! LOL!

Saw a pic of the real Henry VII, he has nothing on JR Meyers. I saw the first ept of the third series and I'm well and truely hooked. Got the First and second series to watch as I never saw them.

I love the costumes! I wish they were doing it in it's usual hour slot, they won't be doing many episdes at this rate. I have the 1st 2 series on dvd.

I love it - I am a real History 'boff' and enjoy anything Historical, I have the books from the first 2 series, it is quite factual actually except Henry VIII was an awful lot bigger than Jonathon Rhys Meyers who plays him - I've Sky +'ed last nights episode so will watch it today some time.

I thought the actress who played Anne Bolyne in the last 2 series was a beautiful girl, I shouldn't be surprised if she doesn't start appearing in more films now, at least she could act.

Jonathan Rhys Meyers is very beautiful, isn't he? I think the law should be changed, so that he isn't allowed to button up his shirt. Ever.

There are a few other hunks in it as well - i am fascinated by Tudor history not just Jonathon lol thanks for the link Hellie. 6 episodes in series 3.
Yes the actress that played Ann Boleyn is beautiful and a very good actress. Shame she had to have her head chopped off.
Cant wait for next Friday.

I saw it last night for the first time and really liked it - have read The Other Boleyn Girl and love all that stuff ....But... read in a magazine last night that Joss Stone is in the next episode as the next wifey Anne of Cleves. Rubbish. Don't know about you but she annoys me. So my fanship of this programme might end up being short lived! I suppose it could be worse, Anne of Cleves only lasted 5 mins didn't she, when he realised she was much more minging than her piccie?

Hellie, I've read all of Philippa Gregory books and loved every one.

The film 'The Other Bolyne Girl' was very good too with Scarlett Johansonn.

And I loved the Elizabeth I two films with Cate Blanchette in the title role - she is a brilliant actress.

ChrisR - I'ved remembered the Anne Bolyne actress - she is Natalie Dormer, I'm sure we will be seeing more of her.

I am so glad the BBC finally got around to showing this, America had it months ago!!! I agree Philipa Gregory's books are fab, Alison Weir also writes great Tudor books, The lady Elizabeth was very good.

Jen

I have both versions of The Other Boleyn Girl on dvd and both the Elizabeths, Anne of a Thousand Days and the 2 Bette Davis films! Obsessed with the Tudor period? Moi? Oh and Mary Queen of Scots!

Newcomer to it, watched first one this weekend but loved it, costumes are gorgeous and lush and eye candy in it too, think I will be a regular to it from now on.

I am so glad the BBC finally got around to showing this, America had it months ago!!! I agree Philipa Gregory's books are fab, Alison Weir also writes great Tudor books, The lady Elizabeth was very good.

Jen

Agreed - both write very well and I can't wait for the next Phillippa Gregory. Her non historical stuff is good too (the Wideacre series for a start)

LOVE Tudors!!!! It was really sad on Friday though - it was not easy to watch.

x

I believe if Jane Seymour had lived after the birth of her child - then Henry would never have married again - because it was a love match between them (and I think her head was safe) - and history would have changed because maybe they would have gone on to have had more sons.........who knows!!!

I LOVE the tudors, and i mean the era and reign not just the TV series, ive been obssesed with it all since iw as like 10 years old!! The TV series is good, and i know a lot is fictional but it winds me up that the costumes are all wrong!! There was a bit in it where Anne Boleyn looked like she was dressed in the 1920's in her fluffy hat!! and they hardly ever wear head dresses. BUT yes the TV show is very very good ive missed the the most recent episode due to work, but the minute its out on DVD i shall be buying it.

Jonathan and Henry (who plays Charles Brandon) are gorgeous!!!!

Back