The two week wonder

Kieran_A

Hello all, I found this forum not too long ago and finally decided to get involved.

About me: I have just turned 27 and just been told I may need to start being medicated for high blood pressure. Also the past few months I have found I am getting less and less fit; i.e., it feels a struggle tying up my shoe laces :eek:

I have been overweight for a number of years and everytime I try to lose weight it is always 'Right, this is it. Now or never.." but always by the end of two weeks I fall right off the wagon and don't back on it for months. It is as though I have programmed myself to believe I will never ever lose weight and eating that pizza is fine.

I need to somehow overcome this really irritating mindset!

So that's me at the moment :-D

I look forward to contributing too!

Kieran

hi, I am new too, and think your doing the right thing now by posting, it is hard to stick to a diet so i decided to join WW and use the pro points system, I started last week and my hub joined with me we both need to lose a little weight, this is the first time I have found a system I am enjoying we are still having loads to eat and can actually enjoy all the food as we now eat slower to savour it rather than just gulping food down, we have our weigh in on wed and hope to see some weight loss we have stuck to the points and i spent a full day sticking little labels on every jar ,tin., pack in the cuboard with the points per 100g and its working good and have never needed to use any extra points which is a first for us as we "were, foodaholics and never ate slow just ate and ate till bursting, so I now have diabetes and need to loose 20lb to get my BP down i take 2 lots of meds for high BP and would like to see it come down with healthy eating and more excercise so hope you manage to find a suitable system to help you loose weight

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome - I'm really looking forward to getting involved :)

Kieran

Good luck with the weight loss! You can do it!

Back