The Ultimate Pudding/Dessert Challenge - Help

Haha, yeah i dont mind them by thered more to life and puddings than yoghurt, fruit and jelly!!!

I don't know if you've tried the lemon curd recipe but if you stir in a pot of quark rather than the 2 tablespoons it tastes exactly like a lemon mousse. I've served it at dinner parties and I've never had any complaints. image-2566882451.jpg

That's sounds nice..... I'm having a go at something later and will keep you all posted

Yeah I often use Options hot chocolate to make chocolate flavoured things. Although I'm kinda with you It52. I wish I was one of these people that could be happy with a yogurt, jelly or a bit of fruit. But having a very sweet tooth I need things that are a bit more exciting if I have any chance of staying away from the cake!

Anyone got some other quark dessert suggestions other than cheesecake and mousse?

Might have a look for those syrups too :)

Right Attempt number two...................

A strawberry and custard flan.... Inspired by my sister who wanted to eat this....
StrawberryMarscaponeTarts_served_sq1k-500x500.jpg
Yes it looks amazing but how many syns for this tiny piece of strawberry delish-ious-ness - well one bite is the equivalent of 10 syns-ish. In all honesty it is around 40 syns but i can't quite find out the true value - i believe i should have been harsher - yes that's right more that 40?!!!!

So what do you do Lee i hear you all asking, how can enjoy a piece of this for my syn allowance?! This could be an Easter family treat and everything....

I have made this....

CBgrtnhW8AA5Xhy.jpg

This is a MASSIVE flan based, as i couldn't get a smaller one..... with custard and strawberries, i am not kidding it is huge! Syns wise for 1/4 of the cake we are looking at 11.5 syns - might sound like a lot but it is a massive piece! If i had done this on the small based one it would have been around 6 syns, which kind of helps put the sizing in perspective if you look at some of the flan based threads i have got going....

So have i found one.... maybe?
It is too high in syns.... possibly...
Did i like it..... No ..... i didn't try it i don't like cold custard lol, my sister LOVED it and i already have to make it again for the Easter Weekend lol
Much better than attempt number one so i'm getting somewhere.... if you aren't a fan of custard you could have less and it would cut a syn or two off but i find the flan base a little dry..... for minimal syns you could add a bit of whippage cream and enjoy it a tad more or 0.5 syns for a teaspoon of 'choc shot' for a little choccie drizzle...

I welcome all opinions....!

Lee

I think magic pancakes is the way to go for me! Will have a play round with that...might make it into a waffle using plain ff yoghurt and carrots!
Will have a go on the weekend!

I think magic pancakes is the way to go for me! Will have a play round with that...might make it into a waffle using plain ff yoghurt and carrots!
Will have a go on the weekend!

I hate the taste of them.... i must have done something wrong or something lol

I hate the taste of them.... i must have done something wrong or something lol

I always make them with the skinny latte muellerlight and then top them with fruit, oranges mostly...squashing them a bit so the juice runs into pancakes...but maybe i'm just a bit weird, that's what dh keeps telling me, lol

I made these for a taster one night

Mikado sticks threaded with fruit could be dipped in squirty cream. Depending on the make eg co op is 0.5 syns for 2 level tsp or nestle tip top squirty is 20g for 3 syns. The sticks are 0.5 syns each

Attachments

• image-1716993775.jpg
    image-1716993775.jpg
    526.1 KB · Views: 76
That just looks super snazzily impressive!!

I made these for a taster one night

Mikado sticks threaded with fruit could be dipped in squirty cream. Depending on the make eg co op is 0.5 syns for 2 level tsp or nestle tip top squirty is 20g for 3 syns. The sticks are 0.5 syns each

Very stylish just like its creator ;) xx

Might have to invest in some Mikado sticks now there's a stylish masterpiece to copy :p

My alpen light cheesecakes

Attachments

• image-1096676231.jpg
    image-1096676231.jpg
    530.6 KB · Views: 60
  • image-3979532077.jpg
    image-3979532077.jpg
    535.5 KB · Views: 62
  • image-2230235162.jpg
    image-2230235162.jpg
    508.3 KB · Views: 62
Such fanciness!!! What lovely plates!!!

Haha they were free gifts years ago with Flora margerine - i think they sell on that well known selling site now for about £8 each and upwards

i always think food is nicely presented it tastes so much better

Haha they were free gifts years ago with Flora margerine - i think they sell on that well known selling site now for about £8 each and upwards

i always think food is nicely presented it tastes so much better

I have to agree.... especially considering my own cooking could do with any form of support to make it look or even taste better!

I have to agree.... especially considering my own cooking could do with any form of support to make it look or even taste better!

practice makes perfect and your flan looked good to me

ive also made trifles and used the mullerlight banana and custard as the custard for it - it was ok for a substitute lol

practice makes perfect and your flan looked good to me

ive also made trifles and used the mullerlight banana and custard as the custard for it - it was ok for a substitute lol

Haha! The flan is shop bought..... custard is pre made and the strawberries require knife work - no cooking involved - my kinda cooking!!

Back