The Ultimate Pudding/Dessert Challenge - Help

I think i may have done it - i've found it not actually tried it - reckon it could well be the answer...... Syns wise it toally depends on what you want to do with it....

no-bake-watermelon-cake-collage.jpg fresh-watermelon-cake.jpg

Obviously the massive water melon is the cake part and around it, to keep it syn free we could use Fat Free Fromage Frais or Fat Free Natural Yoghurt, mixed with some sweetner as the 'frosting' then loads of decorated fruit.
Then depending on what syns you want to use it could have, options hot chocolate powder mixed in the 'frosting' to give it a chocolatey edge, nuts around the outside which would need to be synned, choc shot added around the fruit. The possibilities when you don't mind adding syns are quite endless.... but it can also be kept syn free. I've also seen it with just the yoghurty bit just on top not fully around.... so my many options.

This one..........
RedWhiteandBlueFruitCake.jpg
....................................is quite similar but it isn't as a whole water melon its more sliced together and separated.

I imagine this to be quite refreshing.

There - no tweaks, no fuss - syn free or synned all choice.

Let me know what you think,
Lee

I think i may have done it - i've found it not actually tried it - reckon it could well be the answer...... Syns wise it toally depends on what you want to do with it....

View attachment 171408 View attachment 171409

Obviously the massive water melon is the cake part and around it, to keep it syn free we could use Fat Free Fromage Frais or Fat Free Natural Yoghurt, mixed with some sweetner as the 'frosting' then loads of decorated fruit.
Then depending on what syns you want to use it could have, options hot chocolate powder mixed in the 'frosting' to give it a chocolatey edge, nuts around the outside which would need to be synned, choc shot added around the fruit. The possibilities when you don't mind adding syns are quite endless.... but it can also be kept syn free. I've also seen it with just the yoghurty bit just on top not fully around.... so my many options.

This one..........
View attachment 171410
....................................is quite similar but it isn't as a whole water melon its more sliced together and separated.

I imagine this to be quite refreshing.

There - no tweaks, no fuss - syn free or synned all choice.

Let me know what you think,
Lee

Hi Lee

I made this cake for a taster night at group lol i just didnt put all the fancy stuff around it - it was an American themed night when SW was branching out into America. What I did find was that the juice from the melon lay on the bottom of the plate and made all the fruit etc soggy. I wish id kept the pic now.

I wouldnt be put of trying it again though :)

Hi Lee

I made this cake for a taster night at group lol i just didnt put all the fancy stuff around it - it was an American themed night when SW was branching out into America. What I did find was that the juice from the melon lay on the bottom of the plate and made all the fruit etc soggy. I wish id kept the pic now.

I wouldnt be put of trying it again though :)

Oooo fab.... how cool, yeah i've seen a lot about cutting it and leaving it and letting it soak a bit and drying it off, swapping plates and all that so it is a slight negative to have to work around.

Thanks for the reminder though, i haven't tried it and won't be able to just yet but i reckon i will be doing it
Lee

Good luck when you do Lee :)

Thank you..... although i have lost inspiration and crave chocolate so it might not go to plan this weekend lol

Not very British but I sometimes make crustless pumpkin pie or crustless sweet potato pie which are both yummy syn free desserts which taste quite decadent!

Yeah please tell....is it easy I'm no baker lol

Very easy! It's not really 'baking' as such.

Just cook a couple of sweet potatoes in the oven until nice and soft then scoop the flesh out of the skins. Mash up (I use a hand mixer) and add in sweetner, nutmeg cinnamon, vanilla essence, (all to taste)a bit of milk from allowance, 2 eggs and a dollop of quark. Spray an oven proof dish with frylight, pour the mixture in then bake for about 30 mins at 220 degrees.

As you can see I'm not a very precise baker, I just make up the quantities as I go along until it tastes right!

I serve it with the top bit of a danio yoghurt which tastes like cream to me.

Not for everyone but I like it!

Back