The unexpected Slimming World journey of a Me who wants to fit in her size 12 pants!

Ohhhh Hellloooooo there!
Well today has been .. well today really! GREEN

Black coffee and more vitamins and supplements than you can imagine ( joys of havin a duffed up set of knee ligaments and stuff and a weakness for kidney infections!) for breakfast

Lunch was butternut squash soup and 3 x scan bran crumbled into it (didn't enhance the taste at all, made it very very thick syn free soup but I always feel I should have a scan bran now and then, incase they suddenly start to taste of Cadburys Dairy Milk! :p - they don't yet!) so technically that is either 3 syns for the scan bran or class them as HexB and see if I can face shoving a further 2 down my neck later!

Dinner is going to be : chicken chow mein and noodles and stir fry veg. Chicken on Hex B, chow mein sauce is a Blue dragon pouch and is 5 syns in total it says (divided between me n Ogg Monster will be 2.5 each)

Snacks have been grapes, sugar free energy drink and brews

Tomorrow I think I should have a decent breakfast and a late lunch as I have more piloxing at tea time tomorrow and I won't feel like eating afterwards.

Piloxing tonight too and for a treat I will be having a cup of super detox tea I bought at the good food show and maybe an alpen light or a mini milky way 3 syns or 3.5 syns respectively x

either way I need to drink lots and lose lots of weight for wednesday xx

OH MY GOD! Were having the same meal again today, I too had chicken stir fry, for my lunch :) I hope I never have the pumpkin soup with sprinklings of scan bran though, it nearly made me sick up a bit just thinking of it, lol.

I too have been on the grapes, supplemented with apple and banana. Had lazy pasta from a jar for dinner, so ragu for my syns, and a yogurt for pudding.

I think I drank too much gin last week. I rarely drink but found myself down the spirits aisle in tescos during my shopping today. I resisted the urge, I don't wanna replace my chocolate addiction with an alcohol one!

My comment about proper sausages was a flippant one but your comment made me think about it today. To be honest I didn't even enjoy them that much but suppose it was the unconcious idea of them being forbidden that made me add them to my plate... That and the fact the OH cooked them and I didn't want to put him off cooking for me :b.

Good luck with your piloxing, you'll be able to enjoy your syns guilt free later :)

Oooh and by the way I lost another 1.5lbs so going in the right direction and into a new stone. Yay for me.

Oh and another thing…. it appears my chesticles have shrunk!!! at least a size and about the be 2 sizes.. gunna be nowt left when I hit target!!
:p x

Lol chesticles, hahahaha. But seriously don't panic just yet. When I lost 3 stone before my buddies shrunk and went kind of um empty, err gross, but then as I maintained my weight it redistributed and they regained their shape after about 6 weeks. I did get really worried for a while and even considered chubbing back up to 'fill' them but didn't have to. I must remember that this time around. They have chubbed up far too much now anyway, lol

Oh thank god they may come back.. I'd be lost without my girls! lol

Good the boy makes you tea and sausages too yum.. when I wasn;t dieting sausages were something I would have very occasionally, and mostly had posh butchers ones like the pork, mustard and black pudding ones but I don't even WANT to know how many syns are in one of those bad boys they are massive. but Gorgeous! lol

1.5 off!!! Thats ace BRAVO Well done and with the gin intake too … you must be well proud!

As for being in sync… that's weird but funny… Dread to think what to eat tomorrow! lol

CHOCOLATE for alcohol! Hmmmm??? at the Good Food show my friend tried some Chocolate wine…. it was she said "puke".. don't think she liked it! it did smell a bit rank to be honest I wasn't impressed! :p

I used to drink way too much before I went back to SW… but I was working 60hrs a week and commuting 3hours each way to work… I kinda needed it after the day I had.. but I have now more or less given it up.. not intentionally but more I like to spend my syns on other things and sugar free ginger ale is my thing at the moment.. love it! occasionally I will have a small Jack Daniels or a GIn, but it is very occasionally these days … my ex colleague thought I was seriously ill and just not telling her lol thankfully I am getting to be the picture of health! :)

Just hope this week I can drop some good weight.. scales seemed to creep up this am, but I think thats because I haven't drunk enought water this weekend due to days out! I realy should attach my water bottle to my hand lol xx

Have a great day tomorrow Skinnier You.. :) x

Your friend sounds like a laugh. I can believe chocolate wine was puke :) but I do quite fancy some chocolate liquors, they're quite yummy.

Ive gone on a bit of a stir fry frenzy today, after eggs and beans for brekkie and my usual elevensies banana I didn't get chance for lunch til 3pm. So chucked some ham in with tescos ready made stirfry with a splash of soy sauce and it was perfect. Then dinner time came around real fast and so I chucked in the remaining stirfry and that was dinner! Pinched a triangle of OH's fathers day toblerone so my syns were gone in two bites and that was that.

The water drinking thing is a good habit to get into, I'm rubbish at it, I am a bit of a serial tea drinker.

Hope you've ad a successful day, good luck for tomorrow :)

I think drinking tea is ok… its more about keeping hydrated to be honest and I did read somewhere that milk has a quality about it that helps weight loss.. of course I am not a dairy fan.. except for cheese so I am cursed again! I don;t like eggs either so all these things that are good diet foods and I canne be doing lol!

TOday I had about half a pound of fruit, cherries, banana (always know how to spell it I just never know when to stop!), kiwi, grapes … phew!
THen went out to shop for some more gym clothes because my old ones are cruddy and don't fit any more and I just felt like some new ones! lol, had to buy bras as well… Maybe I should let them shrink to fried eggs size then I can just wear a vest! :p

Whilst out shopping tho I got grabbed by one of Blackpools finest Club reps, she pulled me off balance and I have a major tw@ankle now.. piggin hurts! but came home and ate my syn free pork and beef meatballs in tomatoes yumm… now I am on starvation until weigh in.. I am not convinced I wil have lost much if anything now as I spent a couple of days where I didn't drink enough water and flush out my system, and I have upped the ante on the exercise again this week….. 3 Piloxing, 1 Callaentics and about 4-5 hours walking around (but not enough water!!!) ….but we'll see :)

Your stir fry sounds good.. like the idea of quick grab it type dinner. I'm liking the TOblerone pinching too… always tastes better when chocolate is stolen :) xxx

Will let you know how it all goes !!! Hope your day is good.. xxx

OK well ½ lb on… but after I had a thought about it it was mainly because I hadn;t eaten and more importantly drunk/kept hydrated enough over the weekend.
Irony of ironies was that on Sat at the good food show I ate hardly anything but had only about maybe 1 litre of fluids to drink AND I drank too much black strong coffee, so that woul dhave dehydrated me more and that means body holds on to water weight for dear life… obviously because my body thinks it is in the desert somewhere and will never eat or drink again! Stupid body! :p

Today it's back to EE plan for a week:

Breakfast: Coffee with Skimmed milk (using half my HexA on Milk and saving half for a nibble 20g low fat cheese if I need to… I might not but I like to have some contingency! :p) also had 2 x quorn sausages (now Syn Free!!! :p ) 3 biggish mushrooms with spring onions, and a grilled plum tomato and some beans YUMMMM :)

Lunch: Left over Tuna pasta Salad with an actual salad on the side to make up for the superfree portion of the plate

Dinner: Thai style beef meatballs, thai style stir fry veggies but no rice or noodles I have to go to Callanetics later this evening so I don't want to be too full

Snacks: Fresh fruit, Alpen lights (but that may be my Hex B!) I think!

Have a fantastic day peeps xx

I hope you don't feel disheartened, if you stick to plan this week you will prob have a great lost next weds :) your meals look interesting and full of free foods so you're definately on the right road.

Ive had a dreadful day today, I am sooooo tired and think I may be leading up to my star week, anyway I've had an irresistible chocolate craving all day and totally given in to it! Feeling a bit sick now after scoffing 13 chocolate from a box of dairy milk! I will get back on track tomorrow.

:(

I hope you don't feel disheartened, if you stick to plan this week you will prob have a great lost next weds :) your meals look interesting and full of free foods so you're definately on the right road.

Ive had a dreadful day today, I am sooooo tired and think I may be leading up to my star week, anyway I've had an irresistible chocolate craving all day and totally given in to it! Feeling a bit sick now after scoffing 13 chocolate from a box of dairy milk! I will get back on track tomorrow.

:(

No not disheartened at all… I know weight fluctuates and I know it's because I hadn't eaten enough, actually felt like I was starving myself last week, but I just wasn't hungry. I had a bit of a to do with one of my friends and I also am not at all good with crowds, I was very on edge at the good food show, but determined to see it through! P

13…. 13???? Sounds LUuuuuuuuuuuuuush! I hope you enjoyed them… You do have to get the cravings out of your system though otherwise you end up eating all manner of rubbish to try and counter it and the craving for dearest darling chocolate never goes away! :)

Yup this week will be a good week.
EE
TOday Breakfast was: 2x weeetabix, hazelnut milk , handful of strawberries and a Narna!
Dinner: Hmm.not sure. maybe jacket potato and beans and salad
Tea: absolutely no idea maybe bolognese as my best mate and his GF are 'popping' in on their way to the lakes to go sailing so will see

Piloxed out now but will have to clean the house now seeing as my friends are coming over ! CURSES! lol xx

Well… my best friend and his GF DID come round for tea on friday…
Dinner was:
Penne bolognese, mixed salad, broad bean, mint and lemon and ham salad (syn free dressing), pickled gherkins and beetroot (just something that me and the bestie used to live on when we couldn't be bothered cooking when we worked together … old habits etc) - so all of that was Syn free on EE

NOW these are the bits that made me Flexi Syn the meal:

Garlic bread ( I only had a small piece), half a bottle of wine, ..and……. well ….. don't know how to say this… because it was gorgeous, but oh…. so…. bad ;)…. Ben and Jerrys Karamel Sutra with Caramel core ( I only had a small scoop, but apparently 100g (4oz) is something like 13.5 syns alone! lol ) and we had a Freddo because my friends GF and I have a chocolate addiction when we are together! :)

Absolutely fabulous evening I got bought a new chiminea for the garden, we talked until midnight and then they had to get on the road to Penrith ready for sailing the next day!

Saturday I was seriously back on plan… still had my syns did EE (ate leftover bolognese and salad) and had steak, baked potato, and spinach for my tea and not a drop of alcohol passed my lips! :p

Today has been nice, riding this am, sorting out the masses of clean washing into drawers and wardrobes instead of the spare bed, and then Despicable Me 2 which was ace.

Food was EE
B: my usual Sunday breakfast: 2 rashers of bacon, in Wholemeal Bread, 2 x cups of tea and a narna with my friend after horseriding
L: more leftover pasta with grapes as my side salad (I have no issue with mixing fruit and savouries I know some folk do!)
D: Roast chicken dinner, Syn Free roast potatoes, steamed broccoli and carrots and some gravy
Hex A Milk for brews Hex B : bread from this am
Syns: Gravy 3, 1 x fruit pastille and 3.5 Mini Milky way

Going to have a mint and Green tea watch the rest of Miss Marple and I think get my sorry ass to bed… my son has had 2 very late nights and ha just been heard crawling into my bed so I will need to wait until I hear him snorin before I venture up, otherwise he will want to talk!!!!!

Hope everyone has had a fab weekend xxxx

Oooo la la .. where HAVE i been….!
Busy busy busy is what!
Ok well this week as 1.5lbs OFF! so all good … beginning to think that my being TOO good is doing me no favours… I had that fa b flexi meal last friday and was good every where else and I lose this week… Hmmmm… I think I shouldn't be soooo strict! My bestie lost 3 this week and she then admitted to 2 Maccy Ds and sweet n sour chicken at thepub on saturday! lol (Although I told her it could have also had something to do with poo fairy visiting her on WI day which almost never happens! lol)

Food has been good good…
EE all week and rather than bore you all to death with back tracking will just give you today!:

B: banana and HexB WM bread
L: jacket spud, sweet corn, tomatoes, spring onion, tuna in brine and 1 tblspn of lighter than light mayo (½ syn)
D: Syn free chilli, rice and refried beans, ½ hex a Cheese and a taco shell 2 syns and salad

have a fab day still got loads to do x

Right O!! 2lbs off at WI tonight.. pretty chuffed and have accepted that I am just a 1-2lbs a week gal at heart! the Odd 3-4lbs is very rare and I have to accept that… but looking good for the 13's before I go on holibobs at the end of the month!

Things to note.. Upping my water intake and reducing my coffee intake has a dual effect.. 1) i exercise better and 2) I seem to get rid of the water weight post exercise quicker! All good.

Off to eat now cos I am STarvin marvin! xxxx

Bit of. Break in service there eh!? Been back at work and it's all a bit go go go... Good news is I've got my 3.5stone sticker... Bad news is I put in 3kbs last week and I'm crackin on trying to shift it again. Really quite pissed off at myself to be honest, but I know it's just a blip and it will go. Just when you have a plan in your minds eye and when something like that happens you see the plan crumble a bit!

But onwards and upwards! Been good this week. Just seemed to have had the week or two of chocolate winter mania!!! I think I should hibernate and then I wouldn't do these things!

Last night roast beef and veggies, tonnes of them, amazed there hasn't been a gale force wind blowing through the house! ;)

Today we are on chicken and veggies for lunch and beef and veggies for tea. Will keep it as syn free as possible although the chicken has been in BBQ sauce(HP variety) so I've added 3 syns overall, it was only a tblsp but I'm not sure of the syn value.

Piloxing tonight. Tomorrow I babysit my besties babies all night so I'll just take a rack of fruit to nibble on.

Well manic Monday waits for no man! Have a super day and may all your pounds drop off you in bucket loads x

Looks like I'm on one of those rut things! Only half off this week! Food diary being done this week to tame my weary willpower!

Problem is its manchester Xmas market with my besties tomorrow! Buggrit tho I rarely get to have me time and even rarer that I get the two if them together. Will be sensible but not good. We haven't blown out since the kids were born and mines 10 soon!

I will repent my sins and syns afterwards!

Got to have a little enjoyment in life!

Whoop whoop whoop woop....

Back to below that 13 marker! 3.5lbs off and back to the 12's...

Now to keep it up I've told my C that I'm going to give myself that 4st sticker for my Xmas present.

Maybe a little ambitious 5.5lbs before the 24th and why not! On a mission! Even if I put on over Xmas Hols I just want that sticker in 2013 then I can work on the rest of the lard coming off by my 41st in feb.

Have a fav weekend peeps x

Ok so things don't always go as planned but for once I'm not destroyed by it ... 6.5lbs in over best part if three weeks and being totally off plan! Can't complain too much really!

Time to get back to normal now tho and give the cake away!

Oddly not hungry now although I should probably eat something.

Six days until next weigh in and there will be much off ... Xx

Well... that was a long wait!
Job child riding and general winter blues have kept me in hermit mode.. SUn is out now and things are growing in the garden! Happy me.

Weight...?... well in or around the 12st 10 to 13 st marker... got completely fed up with monitoring everything that went in my mouth and to be honest because of the weather and lack of motivation on my part I have stopped going to class. I took a complete 4 weeks off SW altogether and looked to cooking healthily and trying to calorie count instead. That was ok but again I was watching ever last label I put in my mouth and my general arithmetic was tested to its capacity. ANyway I have now got head out of backside and decided that I can SW 6 days a week and be more relaxed (not binge, just at least have a drink or an easter egg and not feel like the worst human in the world!)

Thing is I keep forgetting I've lost over 3.5 stones in a year and I'm not such a lardy bucket anymore, I'm fitter, stronger and healthier than I was, I can do more than I did, wear clothes that I can buy off a rail and honestly tell folk I'm a size 14 without feeling the pinch of clothes that don't really fit. I used to buy size 18 clothes and they were so tight that I would make myself feel uncomfortable so I didn't have to tell people I was really a size 20.. Not sure where all the angst and deceipt comes from but I know there are loads of folk out there who are bigger than they would like to be and who do the same. Not fair we live in a world where everyone has to be made to feel dissatisfied with their weight/shape because they don't look like a skinny super model. I get very ranty about these things every so often and I even ranted at one of my friends for saying that we should all be looking to shape up that bit more ready for summer... WHY??? WHo is looking at middle aged women in the UK in summer and thinking 'WOW she's skinny bet she's a like Angelina Jolie under those dirty jodphurs, muddy boots, torn tee shirt and that scruffy hair'... errr no actually.. she still has wobbly bits, stretch marks every where, saggy bits and doesn't blummin care' but I digress.....

Well I am back on SW without the class the body image stuff and non of the 'get ready for summer bodies' crap... I'm setting myself a final goal of 1 more stone off and then I am done... and if I spend the rest of my life going up half a stone and down half a stone every month then c'est la vie. I have seen many on here who have done fantastically well and reached stupendous goals and then two months later they are back and saying 'i went a bit too far, I'm a stone heavier now and I am far more relaxed, happier and not so obsessed with losing weight' Good for them. Even if they are 4 stone heavier... isn't the point that we are happy and healthy?

Like any hobby, addiction, work thing, it is soo very easy to become consumed by losing weight.. food diaries, calorie counters, class, weigh ins, etc.... all in moderation and all is well...

Well last week I put on 3lbs 'OH NOOOOOO! The world will end'

.....well no actually what I did say was 'well you have had a few meals out this week and last night you had 2 bottles of wine and a very large gin, plus chocolate cake, chips and a stack of oil laden bread for your dinner so all in all this week you've been a piggy' and I was right I have been a piggy, so this week I am being a good piggy and keeping on top of it and ditching those extras... then I will be a good piggy for a few more weeks to get that last stone off... well it may take a few months and that's fine.. it's my lard I shall lose it when I am ready to.

I will come back on here as we go and I hope you are all making sure you enjoy the journeys you too are on..

TTFN and bedt of luck to one and all x

Ok well food today has been Green:
Breakfast: mushrooms, tomatoes, Bacon(hexB) bread (HexB)
Lunch: Mug Shot (free)
Dinner: Syn free chips, mushy peas, Linda McCartney italian sausages x 3 (1.5Syn in total)
Snacks: Pear, Apple, Banana, raspberry, - Hot Corss bun (apple and cinnamon) 9.5 syns
Hex A - Almond unsweetened milk/Manchego cheese - (I've had a splash of the milk in 1 brew all day, drank herbal teas for the rest of it, and 25g of Manchego)

All in all not bad.. Had to have a proper carb fix though I have had a few weeks without and it feels very comforting! :)

This last 14 lbs are coming off! One way or the other..

Hmmm what a difference a couple of stays in hospital makes. First a n e then stay in for the week being told it's gallbladder issues.... Then at the point of elective surgery they see the gallbladder is sound but the ovarian cyst the size of a tennis ball has to go...

But that was three weeks ago and I'm feeling ok now apart from the seven inch scar in my belly. Oh well modelling career over! Lol

In the six weeks since I was first admitted tho I've eaten what can only be described as sh1te.... So back on it today.

Weighed in and weight has crept on but not as bad as I thought so that can go as can the wobbly muscles...

Food today is:
B bacon butty. (HeB) and tea
L jacket spud salad and chicken or tuna and ex light mayo (0.5syn)
D lamb steaks boiled potatoes and steamed veggies ... Fruit for pud
Syns: will monitor and keep under 12

Exercise for the week:
Sun riding and start 30 day abs and lbd challenge
Mon piloxing
Tue riding and abs/lbd challenge
Wed riding abs/lbd challenge
Thursday riding and Callanetics
Friday riding abs/lbd challenge
Saturday riding and abs/lbd challenge

Back