The Unfairness of Weight Loss

~Crooked Smile~

Silver Member
I just wanted to have a wee rant about how UNFAIR weight loss can be sometimes!
I have had a naughty week... ok a VERY naughty week! I let myself have it, and I knew there would be damage, I accepted it because I knew I would enjoy it and that I can lose the weight again after.
In one week, I have put on about 8 pounds! I know that some of this is water retention and that once I'm back on the wagon (first thing tomorrow morning!!) and exercising again, some of it will come off pretty quickly.
HOWEVER I just think it's SO annoying that ONE bad week can do so much damage, whereas we can be SO good for a week, and see barely any results!
I'm not getting down about it, it was so worth it, and I'm excited to be back on track tomorrow, but still. grrrrr!!!

I know what you mean too well, I jumped off the wagon other week and although it was gorgeous, I just felt soo guilty the next week and was on catch up, I think it does us good to do it once in a blue moon as it reminds me of how quickly I could easily put weight back on and then when im back to healthy eating again it makes me feel so good about myself and proud - you know what your doing and you're at 25% so like you said you will get it off in no time and at least your back on track tomorrow so well done for coming on here and good luck tomorrow (enjoy tonight!)

Last edited:
It's one of the most unfair facts about life, it is so so easy to put it on, yet so so hard to get it off again:(

It might make you feel better to think that every pound you lose is a reduction of 6,000 calories in your diet, crazy stuff. Depressing when you gain but think if you lose 1 pound just how awesome your really doing :) I had a bad day on fri, hope it doesn't show.

Oh another unfair fact is people who eat there weight in food daily. My boyfriend is struggling STRUGGLING to stay around 11stone at the mo. Even though he eats like 2 breakfasts in one, a roll and chips for lunch. Big dinner and then like a pack of biscuits a day and sone crisps. I know his lifestyle isn't healthy, but he can't gain weight :( that is unfair! ;( damn metabolisms and bodies :( haha

Yes I agree SOO much! I only had three days off over christmas and managed to put on 5lb! Absolutely rediculous. Managed to lose it, but over two weeks! One week to put it on, two weeks to take it off, more for some people too >< Just so unfair! And Gracie, I think that is highly unfair too! So jealous of people that can eat and eat and not gain at all. Although when they get older, they might start piling it on...

It might make you feel better to think that every pound you lose is a reduction of 6,000 calories in your diet, crazy stuff. Depressing when you gain but think if you lose 1 pound just how awesome your really doing :) I had a bad day on fri, hope it doesn't show.

Oh another unfair fact is people who eat there weight in food daily. My boyfriend is struggling STRUGGLING to stay around 11stone at the mo. Even though he eats like 2 breakfasts in one, a roll and chips for lunch. Big dinner and then like a pack of biscuits a day and sone crisps. I know his lifestyle isn't healthy, but he can't gain weight :( that is unfair! ;( damn metabolisms and bodies :( haha

my fiance is exactly the same! he actually moans sometimes that he wants to put on weight!:eek: so of course i tell him how mean he is when he eats custard donuts ;)

Haha it's weird to think of my boyfriend with weight on. He's real skinny! It's so unfair. But the way I think people look at me as fat he thinks people look at him as like manrexic :) haha! He look healthy, just hates being called skinny! Haha!

Yes I agree SOO much! I only had three days off over christmas and managed to put on 5lb! Absolutely rediculous. Managed to lose it, but over two weeks! One week to put it on, two weeks to take it off, more for some people too >< Just so unfair! And Gracie, I think that is highly unfair too! So jealous of people that can eat and eat and not gain at all. Although when they get older, they might start piling it on...

I am still trying to lose my Xmas weight(6 1/2lb) still have 1 1/2lb to go so 2weeks over xmas putting it in and 2 blooming months to take it off lol

Haha it's weird to think of my boyfriend with weight on. He's real skinny! It's so unfair. But the way I think people look at me as fat he thinks people look at him as like manrexic :) haha! He look healthy, just hates being called skinny! Haha!

lol my OH is just like that. hes lovely and toned but he wants 2 put weight on. hes quite short too so he suits his weight :)
and he has no stretchmarks or wobbly bits like me :( lol damn u men!:p

I am still trying to lose my Xmas weight(6 1/2lb) still have 1 1/2lb to go so 2weeks over xmas putting it in and 2 blooming months to take it off lol

I know it sucks! But your nearly there :)

at least u have the determination to keep going!! i think id be so disheartened at an 8lb id give up lol. im so bad at staying motivated xx

Well it was obviously a whole lot of water retention, I'm now down to a 3.5 gain! Went to the gym today and did a good 10k run and 10k cycle, and although I was force fed birthday cake this morning I pointed it and have stuck to my points for the day. Feels great being back on track!!

happy days :) keep it up! im still sooo dubious about pro points an dont believe its working cus i feel like im eating to much lol x

Thats awesome, good to hear your back on track :)

Back