The Universal body contour wrap

sarah.w

Hi everyone,

Recently, I've been hearing a lot about this wrap treatment that helps you loose up to 6 plus inches per treatment, by lifting and firming the skin as it drains out toxins from the body. I'm thinking of getting a few sessions but i don't want to get it if its short term or if it doesn't work. I was just wondering if anyone's tried it yet or know anyone that has? if so, have you noticed any changes in your skin and measurements?

I had never heard of it but, to be honest, I wouldn't bother. It's not taking fat out of your body and that's what you need to do to actually lose weight - it's the excess fat that's the problem that needs to be dealt with, if it was a quick fix to look a bit slimmer that you were after then you'd go for something like control underwear instead. I had a quick look at the website just now for the body wrap. It says it's 'scientifically proven' and doesn't go on to give any 'science' about it whatsoever. As far as I'm concerned, if it was a proper scientific weight loss approach then there would be published papers on the subject and, as far as I can see in a very quick search anyway, there aren't any. I certainly wouldn't bother with it myself!

I had a body wrap about 6 weeks ago. I lost 9 inches and it wasn't water as I weighed myself before I we t and after. My skinny jeans were a more comfy fit. Not sure mine was the universal contour wrap though, it was bandages soaked in a mineral clay solution.
I figured I had nothing to lose, like so many other things in life it's harmless, you've nothing to lose apart from a few inches. It's healthier than a lot if other things on this forum . At the very least it's two hours of relaxing pampering so go for it :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

toofatkat said:
I had a body wrap about 6 weeks ago. I lost 9 inches and it wasn't water as I weighed myself before I we t and after. My skinny jeans were a more comfy fit. Not sure mine was the universal contour wrap though, it was bandages soaked in a mineral clay solution.
I figured I had nothing to lose, like so many other things in life it's harmless, you've nothing to lose apart from a few inches. It's healthier than a lot if other things on this forum . At the very least it's two hours of relaxing pampering so go for it :)

I'm not sure how it could be anything but water that you lost in such a short space of time! but well done

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

I think it's probably something that will feel lovely and will make you feel good about yourself. There are all sorts of things out there and i think that this is one of the nicer options. I doubt you could go and do this every day for a week and end up 4 dress sizes smaller. But if you had something coming up and wanted to feel more confident under your spanx then i say go for it!

I had a seaweed wrap a couple of years ago and my skin felt AMAZING afterwards!

Let us know how you get on if you decide to do it

And quite a lot of money if the cost was anything like the one I saw! :rolleyes:

Back