The Ups and Downs along my journey

Aaleigha

soon to be mother of the bride
Well I might as well start with a little history
5 years ago I lost weight getting to a size 10 and staying there for a year - all thanks to slimming world

after the first year I gave up smoking (it will be four years in December) and some weight crept back on - I was not worried I was more interested in making sure I didnt smoke again - then due to several factors I suffered from depression and ended on medication - more weight went on
I stabalized at much less than I started slimming world at - for that I am grateful
I put on about half the weight I had lost

well January I joined ww with a friend who got to target with them and was still going - it started well - then I just ended up not losing - gaining and losing the same few pounds

I switched back to slimming world two weeks ago - week one and I lost 1.5lb - week two I had put it back on again

so I had a rethink and decided to join you here - I am hoping it will shake up my metabolism

I am still on medication for my depression
my weight (or lack of losing) isnt helping the weight is also not helping my arthritis

so I really need this plan to work for me
I will be following slimming world (but having extra healthy extras) on up days and eating what I want within my calories for down days

so today was a down day
I went to work with many low calories things in my bag
melba toasts (12 cals each)
some soup sachets
some hightlights (35 cals)
and a couple of chuppa chops sugar free lollies (thought they would last for ages) 25 cals each

I had two hot chocolates and plan on a pasta bake 353 cals for dinner
so a total of 423 so a few extra for later if I need them

tomorrow is an up day and I cant even begin to think on what to take to eat :)

I really cant believe how I really dont feel hungry

Good Job!!! :) You can do this!!! Keep it up!

You will find that even though tomorrow is an UD, you will not be that hungry in the morning! LOL Its funny how that works!

Great going today :D Isn't it weird how the dds are quite ok?! I thought when I first started that I would really struggle with them, but tbh I have had no probs at all with dds but a couple of the uds have got a little out of control so had to take them in check! Was weird as at first I wasn't eating enough on uds, then a couple of hem I just wanted to eat loads lol. My appetite has levelled off now tho :D

Thank you so much
I am off to bed now as my dh has just got a can of beer and a packet of crisps and I want some crisps - so taking myself off for an early night and good book

good luck tomorrow everyone

Night night, enjoy your book, I'm thinking about doing the same. I'm cold and tired lol!

Thank goodness it wasnt just me that was cold

well today was an UD
I started with sweet cinnamon oats so simple
when I got to work I had two fruit teas
and at lunch had an eggie roll
I knew eating would make me feel hungry
yesterday I coped ok today I just wanted to graze - I had a packet of melba toasts (6 I think)
then dinner was a pasta meal I made with a few chips (thought I needed to up the calories)

I was so bored at work and if I am bored and have eaten I just seem to want to eat
so have not actually counted calories today but think its about 1500 - need to have a few more so will have a hot chocolate at bed time :)

I am hoping tomorrow wont be a problem (2nd DD) as I am meeting a friend at lunch time - the plan is to take the bus to the next town then go shoe shopping (for me and her boys) then to walk back (7miles) just hope its not too much to ask my body on a DD - I will take some dried fruit with me

hope everyone else has had a good day so far
off to read a few diaries

Well done Aaleigha, lol you've had a better ud than me, I've eaten bad stuff :( Not good! Yes I often get cold on dds, used to get cold a lot when I was on slimfast too, always worse when it's getting chilly outside! Just keep drinking tea/coffee to warm you up ;) Or do as I did last night and go to bed in a fleece jumper and fluffy socks :rotflmao:

Or do as I did last night and go to bed in a fleece jumper and fluffy socks :rotflmao:

oh very romantic that is :):)
sounds like me when we go camping - I have fleecy pjs and fluffy socks for when we go camping

right here is my day today
I got up feeling really positive

as a serial weigher I am finding it so difficult to keep off the scales - I had decided I might have to weigh myself daily still BUT with two columns to record in an ud and dd column
well I woke up at about 8 to a cup of tea brought by dh then a leisurely bath and girly session - I sorted some clothes to take to friends

I had a late breakfast early lunch of
cinnamon oats so simple with fresh raspberries (about 200 cals)
then we went to the next town :)happy036::wee::banana dancer:where I got boots :happy036::wee::banana dancer:)- yes I am that happy

while we were in the next town I asked her 3 year old what he would like for his birthday
his response

well you know that jumper you made for me with love and hugs - I would like another one but a big think one for the winter

I am more than happy to make him a jumper for his birthday - I chose a pattern with is mum - but he was allowed to choose the yarn
it needs rowan big wool (expensive but fine) he chose the most yucky green in the range - but that was the whole deal I knit it with love I chose the pattern but I asked him to chose the yarn :):) I just think it wonderful that a small boy would ask for that as a present

when we got back to their house we had one biscuit and a hot chocolate :)
I then walked home from there
so I arrived home abotu 2 mins before my DH
had a great cuddle and he cooked dinner
pasta again for me

today I have eaten about 900 cals
no where near as cold as I was on a proper dd (which I plan on tomorrow)

Great day today! Aww that is so cute the little boy wanting a big jumper with love and hugs! How sweet is that?!

I'd have been very happy getting new boots too!

Sounds like you've had such a great day, esp hubby bringing you a cuppa and cooking dinner. Going to make mine cook me dinner tomorrow me thinks ;)

Have a good dd tomorrow :D

I wore my new boots all day today - I love them :):)
and as for the jumper it really is such a special thing to say isnt it :):)

Well today is a dd
but firs the good news for my diary so I dont lose it
looks like the weight is going down a bit already :)

so as per my first dd I have as yet had nothing to eat
for dinner I have a piece of cod 142 cals and some potato skins cooked with frylight
250 cals so that is 400 cals and I still have 100 to play with so I can nibble if I need it

hopefully I wont need to
so far today I havent felt as cold as I did - but I did make sure I had warmer clothes on

the plan was to go to asda tonight but am too tired so will go stock up on low cal foods tomorrow :)

Good luck hun, glad you like your new boots x

well I went to bed early last night - think that might become a routine with my dd's but I dont mind that

today is an up day - I have started my day with
cinnamon porridge with fresh raspberries

I am now off to asda to by food and everything I need for my christmas puddings might make them today and cook them tomorrow

Yes I tend to go to bed quite early on dds too :)

Enjoy your ud, I'm on a dd today.

well I went to asda and bought some low cal cuppa soups and a food flask so I can take some home made soups to work on both up and down days
I also bought a sweater dress and some more socks :)

I am really looking forward to dinner tonight
I am roasting onions to put into the gravy
I have toad in the hole with spinach cabbage carrots and peas and roasted potatoes for dinner

nice comfort foods :)

Woke up this morning and stood on the scales - happy to report a loss since my last UD weigh in :) so it does look like this will work for me and after stalling on both WW and SW you cant believe how happy that makes me

E (my friend) and I think I need to give the regime a month - before going back to the doctors and saying I cant lose weight :)

so today is going to be a big test for me
its my first non working DD
so today I go to town with a friend (thats fine I can cope with drinks only) then to the supermarket (I know you should never shop on an empty stomach) but I get bits she is the one who does the weekly shop

then home and that I think is going to be the difficult bit - so have some hand washing to do - think that will keep me busy enough not to eat
I am attempting to not eat until dinner tonight then eat lightly :)
I will report back as to how my day goes later

well so far so good
I have decided that dinner tonight will be
bubble and squeak
with a dry fried egg need to work out the calories

Ihave just worked out the calories
bubble and squeak with two med dry fried eggs 309 cals
so I think I can even have some brown sauce with that
I will go and do the hand washing shortly then take the dogs out for an extra walk :)

Good luck, I usually end up in the supermarket on a dd and have been surprised at my willpower since being on juddd!

Back