The Ups and Downs along my journey

What is bubble and squeak? :)

bubble and squeak is cooked cabbage and cooked potatoes mixed up together and fried (I dry fry it now) it makes a big cabbage and potato cake type thing - real comfort food from my childhood - my dad used to cook it for me and him as we were the only ones that like it :)

well I have been out tonight to the knitting group I helped found - we meet in a pub - I was so cold I kept my jacket on all night - but I managed to only have a diet coke when everyone else had hot chocolate and coffees :)
oh and some ordered wonderful desserts too

right off to bed now as I really am cold and want to try to get warm

Good luck, you're doing great x

Well today is an up day and it started with my official weigh in
I have lost 2lb in 6 days - I am a little disappointed as I thought with loss for fluids it might have been more - but as I was already following SW perhaps no fluids to lose

today is an up day
and I have had cinnamon porridge with fresh raspberries for breakfast
and I am going to butter (well half fat spread) a spiced fruit bun to take to work and only eat it if I want it
lunch might be lunch out with a friend but if not I will have JP with beans and cheese
dinner tonight well if not out with friend pasta of some sort
if out with friend jp with salad and a veggie burger
if I am hungry I have fruit in the fridge to snack on - pineapple apples and strawberries

today I will eat as I please - in moderation

2lbs is great, yes if you've come straight off another plan you won't lose as much as if you'd started without dieting previously. So good going!

Enjoy your up day, sounds yummy what you have planned. I love JP's!

Well been out to lunch at friends - we havent done lunch for about 9 months and she asked me if I had lost weight :):):)

we had baguette with soft cheese and salad
so looks like jp is on the menu tonight but I have just found some pasta that needs eating so might have that and have the jp tomorrow evening on a dd as I can make that fit available calories quite easily

2 lbs is GREAT!!!!!! Keep up the good work!

Bubble and Squeak is cabbage and potatoes? YUMMMMY!!!! I love cabbage!! Im gonna have to ask my family if they want bubbles and squeak! LOL :)

Bubble and squeak is traditionly made on Mondays from the leftovers off Sundays roast dinner, ie roast potatoes and leftover veg (any veg can be put in, tho traditionly cabbage), you can then eat it with any cold leftover meat. I've never really liked it mind, my mum used to make it a lot as she always used to make too much for Sunday dinner lol!

My Dad was the one to make bubble and squeak in our house
and it was the ONLY way I would eat brussel sprouts nasty horrible little things - that no matter how much my mother told me they were baby cabbages I never once believed her

well today is a DD for me and I think I will be falling into the following routine

mondays wednesdays and fridays will be DD
tues thursdays and sundays UP
and saturday a MD

now the reason behind this is that DH is worried when I change diets
so he will worry if he thinks I am doing what he sees as a fad diet - this is good that he worries -
so by doing this I can eat a 'normal' evening meal on each of those days - saturdays wont look like I am NOT eating and sunday will be normal
I am not hiding the fact I am trying to lose weight from him - just the how I am going to do it - until I have proven that my health is not adversely affected and it is working for me - then I will let him know what I have been doing

although he doesnt care if I lose weight or not - he knows its for health reasons and therefore is very supportive of what I want to achieve

today is a DD and I will try to put off eating as long as possible
I have at work some of the 10 cal soups
I also have some highlights hot chocoate
and also some more substantial soups at about 50 cals - IF I need them

tonight I will have a small jacket potato with some baked beans and mushrooms round about 400 calories

today (even though yesterday was an up day) the weight has again shown a slight downward trend - I am liking this

H xx

well my down day today has gone quite well
tea with a splash of milk
4 fruit teas
jacket potato low fat soft cheese baked beans and mushrooms 400 cal
I had enough mushrooms to make it up to the 400 - this means I have a few calories to play with if I need them

Well after my early night (I think this will become a habit on down days)
I am awake bright and early
I have had my cinnamon porridge
for lunch at work I have made
ciabatta with black pepper soft cheese and herb salad
dinner tonight will be a pasta dish - hopefully I have some garlic bread in the freezer to go with it :):)

I am working today - tomorrow is a day off and I plan a lazy morning

I have as usual weighed in and my scales are so close to being under the 13st its annoying they show 182.1 - how close is that girls - really am looking forward to official weigh in on tuesday :)

that no matter how much my mother told me they were baby cabbages I never once believed her
lol I will tell my children that at christmas! Strange really because baby veg normally taste alot nicer so I think your mum was telling porkies:rolleyes:
now the reason behind this is that DH is worried when I change diets
so he will worry if he thinks I am doing what he sees as a fad diet - this is good that he worries -
Yes it is, it shows he cares and Im glad hes supportive. Ive had the same thing as this year I have been on xenical, CD, SW and juddd. OH cant keep up and is saying he does not like me doing the diets. I think it is because people just don't understand them and jump to the conclusion its a fad. Ill PM you with an example later!
Well done on the 2lb loss and im sure WI day you will break the next stone barrier.:D Have a good day at work.

Wow!!! You are doing GREAT!

Looks like your new regime is going well,dont forget to come visit us in SW will ya!!

Jane I will be back - I just need to get this sorted - the depression is bad and isnt helped by the weight not shifting - I just wish this weight losing business was easy :):) mind you if it was we would have been here and met :):)

Aaleigha, sounds like you have a good plan and it's all going well :) Hubby and my middle son always moan at me that all I talk about is food, diets and exercise! My son is only 4 by the way, but if I start going on about food in front of him he pulls a funny face, sighs and says 'oh no, mum that's all you ever talk about!'. I have been told lol!

Well so far today its not as easy to do a dd as it has been
I awoke at my normal time for a non work day
had a leisurely bath - did my hair and generally took some me time
when I did get up I had three collars to make - then I took them to the vets and went into town
I am trying to get some foil pudding basins for the christmas puddings I am cooking

I went past three food outlets a chippy a burger place and a pizza place

now remember girls I havent eaten and due to dieting for a while now - havent had fast food - oh those chips smelt so wonderful
and people were walking past me eating as well

dont panic girls I didnt mug anyone for their chips - did feel like it though

went to the pet shop to get the dogs some pigs ears - one is still chomping on hers and that is good as its putting me off eating for the moment

dinner tonight is all planned
a veggie burger some frozen potoato wedges and a salad - all weighed out to a total of 400 cals

look girls salad - my dd's are getting healthier - I have it planned now I have to eat it :)

Woo-hoo, enjoy your salad ;) I used to never eat salad a few years ago, now I love the stuff!

Back