Green Days The vegan thread!!!

Oooh me! I'm vegan too and I'm glad i'm not the only one here!!

Lol... Nope:) but some of them seem to be hiding :)

I'm glad I'm not. It's lonely being the only vegan I know. Especially on a diet.
Also, when cooking, what do you use as egg replacer? Like actual cooking, not baking.
I know you can buy actual egg replacer but its high in syns.
Do you use any natural foods as replacement?

Mmmh... What kind of foods are you talking about? There are not many non-baking recipes where you need eggs. Or at least I don't eat many:)

I can think of quiche. Prior to sw I would use cashews for pies and stuff but you will find many vegan recipes that just replace the eggs with tofu.. Just Google vegan quiche.
I like to use smoked tofu.. Makes it more meaty:)

What other recipes were you thinking about?

tofu.. duh! I can't believe I forgot about that!
Mainly it would be for things like quiche or moussaka really.

:)

Yep tofu is pretty versatile! I also purchased liquid smoke online and it gives a lot of vegan recipes a lovely smokey taste!

I'm vegan, I'm back on SW for the third time (gotta sort myself out!) and would love to join you on here. I'm one of a few friends at uni who are vegan, but none of them are on diets. I totally blow the myth of vegans being skinny completely out of the water. My mother said she was expecting me to lose loads of weight when I turned vegan, but haven't lost an ounce :( SO I have decided to take control and start SW properly again.

I have to say I'm sort of struggling to eat my healthy extras. For example, I had some wholemeal toast and baked beans for breakfast, but haven't had any other HEX's all day. And I know that's bad. But I do find it hard being vegan and all. What do you do about A's? Just drink soya milk? And can we have any vegan cheese? I'd actually rather not go down the cheese route as it's so processed... :/ xxx BIG VEGAN LOVE xxx

I just have soya milk as my HEa with 2 weetabix as my HEb (with fruit) for breakfast every morning :)

I've just been having a look at syns/healthy extras in terms of vegan cheeses. The only vegan HEXA cheeses are Galaxy Foods, which i've never heard of in my life. BUT; the syns are quite low in the Redwood Co. "Cheezly". Each type is about 3/3.5 syns per 28g, which is nearly half the amount of syns in normal cheese. So on the rare occasions I do decide to eat cheese (as i've said I do avoid it if poss), I'll know I can use a little bit and syn it :)

I moved away from eating faked stuff - not even meat replacement :) I found that a bit of oil with crushed garlic on top of lasagne etc tastes a lot better!!(I guess on SW I will have to step away from the oil a bit :) )

I think I'll just have one HEX A .. And that would be my milk in the porridge and coffee

Oh just thinking about joining online again...Got a voucher so would get 3 months for 45 £ but can't afford it at the moment :-( Would love to have access to the online data base to check out the dairy free stuff..argh!

Mmmh. yeah have a whole list of stuff now :)
Just really need to put my mind to it now!!

Hello fellow vegans!

Im fairly new to the vegan scene, about 6 weeks in now. But I was veggie for 5 years, so I'm familiar with cooking vegan style.

I was on slimming world for 6 months and lost a stone and a half, but due to final year of uni I fell off the wagon for another 6 months. But now I'm back and have no excuse, and could seriously use the support of fellow vegans. I've about another 3and a half stone to lose (10st7lb is my target) and I'd like to lose another stone before my graduation in September.

I used to eat loads of quon products, but obviously now they're off the menu. I'm not a massive fan of the vegan fake meat products, so I'm sticking mostly to whole foods. In the next few weeks I'm starting a new job, moving 350 miles north and getting a new flat, so I'm seriously wanting to stress eat. I've also got a holiday booked in two weeks which always complicates things.

So HELLO! (and help!) Im so glad there's a vegan support thread!

hello hello, sorry for not keeping this thread running but I've been mad busy!!

just quickly wanted to know if anyone is interested in recipes for free vegan sandwich fillers?

just quickly wanted to know if anyone is interested in recipes for free vegan sandwich fillers?

I'm definitely interested!!

judywoody said:

Definitely! :D

Hah - I am such a slacker!! Sorry ;)

1 Tin of Kidney Beans
some lemon juice to taste
Salt
Mild Chilli Powder
Garlic to taste

Drain the Kidney Beans, stick all the ingredients in a blender - voila!!

Tastes lovely and it's free ;-)

Back