The weight must go!

Scottish_Lass

Hi everyone,

I've always been considered a 'big girl' but after having three children (two of which are twins) I have piled on the weight to a point where I'm not enjoying life at all.

I have simply had enough of being uncomfortable in my own skin and I'm about to turn 35 in a couple of weeks and this has fuelled my decision to stop moaning and get on with it!

I don't think I've ever felt this determined, and that's a great feeling to be starting with!

I have a long road ahead of me - almost 9st to lose but I figure that the passage of time is going to occur whether I stay fat or make efforts to lose weight, and I can spend that time either continuing to be fat and unhappy or I can be gradually becoming slimmer, healthier and more confident with that time passing! Definitely makes it seem like less of a mountain to climb thinking about it like that.

I haven't chosen a particular health plan or diet as such. For the moment I'm cutting out the bad habits, junk, late night munches etc, and have started an exercise plan for myself....but, I'm not closed to the idea of diet clubs/groups, so if anyone has any thoughts on SW, SS, WW etc I'm definitely open to suggestions!

Apologies for the lengthy opening, I do tend to ramble a wee bit on occasion! :D

Wish me luck...I'm going to need it! :eek:

Good luck with your journey Scottish Lass. I started the Slimming World plan just before Christmas and failed miserably to maintain it over Christmas but feel confident now that I'll be able to keep it up. I've tried a lot of different diets and exercise plans before to a varying degree of success but I'm finding Slimming World different. I'm a big lad and I love my food. Not necessarily the unhealthy type but just appreciate a good meal. Slimming World really allows for that and completely removes hunger since it encourages you to eat lots of the right types of food. Never did I expect to find a diet where pasta, potatoes, rice and all lean meats were considered free food! What's not to like?

Kev

Hi ya! I have to big up the slimming world too, it is really good and you never go hungry! (yay!!) I joined on friday and so far so good! It really works as i lost 2st on it before, but i didn't have the money to keep going to the clubs so thought i would do it at home....big mistake! But a few yrs down the line, and another daughter in tow, i am ready to lose weight!! :) xx

Back