The wonderful internet!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by judimac, 26 November 2009.

1. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

OH ordered two rugs online on tuesday (all by himself!) We went shopping yesterday and when we got back at 11 o clock they had tried to deliver them! They just dropped them off today! Now thats what I call service! And they look wonderful!
  2. Julianne_julz

Julianne_julz Bears dont dig on dancin'

I ordered some things last week and they turned up less than 18hrs later! Amazing eh! xx
  3. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

I agree Judi, it's amazing, I don't get out much because of my health so I tend to do a lot of Online shopping and I am always amazed when my parcels arrive on my doorstep in next to no time, great service, I love it...
  4. Scarlet Daisy

Scarlet Daisy Hungry For Life

I've bought some wonderful bargains online recently (Elizabeth Arden moisturiser, 75ml for £11!)...But our best recent online shopping was done by my b/f. He bought me a beautiful ring for Christmas (no wedding bells, I've given up getting married) - a white gold "half eternity" band, set with tanzanite and diamonds. Awww, I can't wait to wear it!
  5. judimac

Oh Daisy! Where did you find him? I lurve tanzanite!
  6. Scarlet Daisy

Scarlet Daisy Hungry For Life

7. icklerockchick

icklerockchick slow but steady!

oooh i luv internet shopping! all the bargains to be had with none of the hassle of trailing round the shops in the rain and waiting in queues! i LOVE IT!!

8. avisk

avisk xx

There used to be a really good music shop in a nearby town where I bought all my classical CDs, but that has closed down and there is nowhere now which stocks anything more than the basics. So I use Amazon, but more often MDT (MDT - Please enable your cookies), which is very good.

(Sorry, that link looks a bit strange, but it does work!)

For books I use Amazon sometimes, but more often Abebooks (AbeBooks Official Site - New & Secondhand Books, New &Used Textbooks, Rare & Out of Print Books), which acts as a kind of clearing house for all the second hand book shops in the country. It's a fantastic website! And you can buy books from abroad too - I recently found a very rare old book, for which I had been looking for ages, in a tiny shop in Rhode Island!

Clothes and cosmetics I get from eBay - I like clothes from Ulla Popken and Ann Harvey, which are a bit expensive, but I can always pick up bargains online. And I like to get small sizes of expensive facecreams to try them out, which are easy to find on eBay.

Also, I always buy my train tickets online - the best way to get the bargain tickets which are getting so hard to find these days.
  9. judimac

Oh Daisy what a great ring! But it's the fact he did it off his own bat! SO romantic!

I had quite an ebay habit at one time! I have it firmly under control now! But I also have a wardrobe consisting of Monsoon gear, all bought VERY cheaply! Never had a bad one! I certainly couldn't have afforded to get it new. The rest is per una or principles. I've now stopped cos I want to get a size 14 next.

If you have a nectar card then do go onto Nectar e stores cos you can get points from nearly everywhere if you go from that site first.
  10. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

My OH bought my engagement ring from the internet. He did a lot of research into diamonds and whatnot and the ring he bought me is beautiful. And the money he saved was insane! And it's legit - we made sure lol! The ring was shipped from the USA to Ireland then to us :)

For jewelry I highly recommend!!
  11. *EB*

*EB* Well-Known Member

i totally love online shopping - i however, hate online shopping being delivered when i am not there and the chasing and hassle of couriers!!!

meh! xxx