The wonderful internet!

judimac

Mad old Bat with Attitude
OH ordered two rugs online on tuesday (all by himself!) We went shopping yesterday and when we got back at 11 o clock they had tried to deliver them! They just dropped them off today! Now thats what I call service! And they look wonderful!

I agree Judi, it's amazing, I don't get out much because of my health so I tend to do a lot of Online shopping and I am always amazed when my parcels arrive on my doorstep in next to no time, great service, I love it...

I've bought some wonderful bargains online recently (Elizabeth Arden moisturiser, 75ml for £11!)...But our best recent online shopping was done by my b/f. He bought me a beautiful ring for Christmas (no wedding bells, I've given up getting married) - a white gold "half eternity" band, set with tanzanite and diamonds. Awww, I can't wait to wear it!

Oh Daisy! Where did you find him? I lurve tanzanite!

oooh i luv internet shopping! all the bargains to be had with none of the hassle of trailing round the shops in the rain and waiting in queues! i LOVE IT!!

x

There used to be a really good music shop in a nearby town where I bought all my classical CDs, but that has closed down and there is nowhere now which stocks anything more than the basics. So I use Amazon, but more often MDT (MDT - Please enable your cookies), which is very good.

(Sorry, that link looks a bit strange, but it does work!)

For books I use Amazon sometimes, but more often Abebooks (AbeBooks Official Site - New & Secondhand Books, New &Used Textbooks, Rare & Out of Print Books), which acts as a kind of clearing house for all the second hand book shops in the country. It's a fantastic website! And you can buy books from abroad too - I recently found a very rare old book, for which I had been looking for ages, in a tiny shop in Rhode Island!

Clothes and cosmetics I get from eBay - I like clothes from Ulla Popken and Ann Harvey, which are a bit expensive, but I can always pick up bargains online. And I like to get small sizes of expensive facecreams to try them out, which are easy to find on eBay.

Also, I always buy my train tickets online - the best way to get the bargain tickets which are getting so hard to find these days.

Oh Daisy what a great ring! But it's the fact he did it off his own bat! SO romantic!

I had quite an ebay habit at one time! I have it firmly under control now! But I also have a wardrobe consisting of Monsoon gear, all bought VERY cheaply! Never had a bad one! I certainly couldn't have afforded to get it new. The rest is per una or principles. I've now stopped cos I want to get a size 14 next.

If you have a nectar card then do go onto Nectar e stores cos you can get points from nearly everywhere if you go from that site first.

My OH bought my engagement ring from the internet. He did a lot of research into diamonds and whatnot and the ring he bought me is beautiful. And the money he saved was insane! And it's legit - we made sure lol! The ring was shipped from the USA to Ireland then to us :)

For jewelry I highly recommend bluenile.co.uk!!

i totally love online shopping - i however, hate online shopping being delivered when i am not there and the chasing and hassle of couriers!!!

meh! xxx

Back