The worst night of my life

I'm really upset hearing this. This man is evil - whoever he is. I really hope Chris can see past this soon and realise that the man was a perverted_depraved_monster who needs to be stopped. People like that prey on youngsters, younger than him and it's a numbers game for them, if it wasn't him, it'd be some other teenager that night.

It is no slight on Chris, his character nor his masculinity. It's such a pity, that he's trust in humankind has gone down a few notches.

((((((CHris))))))

The onus is on girls sticking together and making sure their friends get home safetly, but this post has made me realise that ALL friends, irrespective of gender, should stick together and never let each other or their drinks out of their sight.

WHat can you wish upon a beast like that? Nothing.

So pleased that Chris is going to talk to someone. You are going to get through this together. You have a very sensible young man there.
Irene xx

Still feel very wobbly today. Chris had a good cry last night and ots of cuddles, which I hope helped. Today he is seeing a counsellor which he agreed to without us having to push, which gives an idea of how upset he really is. He is getting flashbacks and is in need of help.
Really glad that he's getting immediate help. And that he's crying and getting support from you too.

I'm sure this will all work together to him getting through this as well as possible.

((hugs)) thinking of you all.

Ah bless him - well I'm sure it will take him a while to recover from such a hideous experience. But he will - with the loving support of his family and of the professionals that he's so sensibly taking advice from.

It's early days, hun but the nightmare won't last.

Thank you so much Irene, Cah Ching, Purple hugs and Isobel, it really helps talking to you and your love an hugs have really helped me. I am still in such a state though, I keep thinking about it, it just won't go away. I feel trmbly inside and yet cannot cry, which I suspect would make me feel better. My girls are so upset too, they are very protective of Chris and are still very tearful about the whole thing. I think my husband is finding it difficult, as like most men, he is not great at letting his feelings out. We are going on holiday in one weeks time and leaving the 3 kids behind, now I wish we were'nt because I do not want to leave them. One thing though, i know they will look after each other and they assure us they will be staying in whilst we are away.
Thank you all again, I hope to be back to normal soon but I must admit the whole diet thing has not been on my mind at all.

Lots of love

Barb, maybe you could ask for some sort of counselling too? As a relative of a victim there must be some support out there. have a word with your GP or the police liasion if you still have one.

My heart aches at the lesson your 3 children have had to learn from this. :( Life is just too cruel sometimes. I often see this sort of thing with foster children and it never gets easier.

How I wish it were a perfect world out there. :mad:

Remember we are here.. lay your feelings down, we are all here for you, and in time you will cry, and grieve and then move on slowly. We all deal with things differently. ((hugs))

Where are you going on holidays? could you have email or text contact with the kids for your own peace of mind? or perhaps move the date of the holiday?
I can imagine how worried you will be.

((Hugs))

For some reason I have missed this post until now and Im so sorry.

I really hope that every day is getting a little easier and that the counselling helps.

You are all in my thougts x

Barb I can't beleive I have only just spotted this post, I'm so sorry this has happend to your family :(

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to say but hope you can find time for some quality family time and as much talking and hugging as you can fit in.

Barb, still thinking about you and hoping that you and your lovely family are getting through this horrible situation, hopefully the police will keep a sharp eye on this man from now on and prevent him trying to get to anyone else.

Thankyou for posting about it though, as a lot of us really have never considered that youg men are in danger like this, I suppose we all think that its girls who should be vigilant when out and about, and not young men so your post has probably given pause for thought to other people with kids of a similar age as your son. (probably small comfort to you as you have been through such a horrible nightmare, but if anything good can be gleaned from it, it will be that other mums/dads who have read your post can warn their kids of this type of thing).

xx

Hi Isobel amd Mrs T, thanks for still thinking of us. I can only agree that our experience may make other families more careful of their boys. I visited a neighbour yesterday who has 4 boys and told her what had happened, she was utterly shocked and horrified but very grateful. Our daughter Jen writes for a local mag which has lots of pub and club info; she is going to ask if she can write a piece about the dangers out there for young men.I think that will be a brilliant thing to do and will help her come to terms with whats happened at the same time.
Chris is doing better now, yesterday his Dad took him Parachuting! They both jumped tandem at 15000 feet and loved it! A really great experience for Chris and a great confidence builder too.

Lots of love

Barb i'm so glad to hear things are turning positive for you all. From out of such a horrifying situation. ((Hugs)) well done. You do truly sound like a close, wonderful family unit. :) and this no doubt has helped Chris. ((hugs))

Hope all your efforts at making others more aware help. I'm sure it will.

Barb- what a horrific story, my blood turns cold at the thought of what could have happened...
Thank God everyone is relatively OK from it apart from the shock & 'what ifs' it is such a scary world out there sometimes & as parents the fear you have for your children can be unbearable sometimes...
Take care of yourselves
XXX

Back