The worst night of my life

I am so pleased that you decided to post and that someone was still online to talk to you. I'm not surprised that you couldn't sleep. What a nightmare for all of you. That man deserves locking up. I agree thank goodness for mobile phones and that your son rang you.
Irene xx

Oh Barb! Oh awful.

It's true that boys of this age group are at the highest risk than at any other time, though people always assume it's girls and old ladies.

But what can you do. You can't keep them wrapped up in cotton wool.

I bet your brain is doing overtime. So glad he's okay. Reckon the milky drink wouldn't go amiss. Or some camomile tea if you have it, but even so, I guess this one is going to play on your mind for a while and it's going to take time to work it through your system.

Lots of hugs
2console.gif

Gee whizz!

I can't believe what I've just read. The other outcome doesn't bare thinking about. Even "adults" aren't safe. The police were brilliant. I'm so happy things turned out well and your son had the presence of mind to stay calm and call home - that's testiment to you for raising him. It's a shame people can't be trusted these days.

I hope you've slept well enough and look on the incident as a lesson learned and a lifetime saved.

That "thing" that did that to your son should be banged up. Monster! I hope they treat him the same way they'd have treated him if he did that to an 18 yr old girl.

((((HUGS))))

Much love ....

Thanks everyone, you have all been such a help. Chris is very subdued today and his Dad and I both feel fairly wrecked. I am not sure what will happen police wise as Chris is over 18 and went without being forced. I still think he had some drug in his drink and we are expecting to hear from the police if he is to have a drug test. I think he will resist as he is in such a shocked state and wants to forget it all as quickly as possible. I can't believe what a close call he had last night, if his mobile hadn;t worked or the guy had just hit him it could all have been very different. So I am grateful and hope very much that Chris learns from this. We are always saying to him to stick with his friends and not wander off but the trouble is when teenagers have a few drinks their judgement just disappears. Thanks again for all your kind thoughts, I will let you all know what happens if anything and please tell you rkids this story, it might just save someone else.

Lots of love

I have just read with horror of your son's experience! Thank goodness is is okay, apart from being deeply shocked. I can understand Chris not wanting to take it any further, but perhaps this man needs to be stopped before he does something worse to somebody else? But I know you cannot force him, he needs to deal with it in the best way he can, as you do too. Thinking of you at this difficult time and very glad the police manages to get there in time.
SM

The problem with Rohypnol, as I understand it, is that it disappears from the bloodstream very quickly so is virtually untraceable - that's why these sick bastards use it. I don't know how long it stays traceable in a drink. Hopefully there will be some evidence there!

I will certainly warn my children, Barb and appreciate you wanting others to learn from this dreadful experience.

I think a few days of calm, cuddles and comfort will see your lovely lad feeling more settled and I know that he's very lucky to have such loving parents.

HUGS to you, darling!!!

:( Barb, you poor thing. What an awful nightmare, I hope you and your son are feeling a bit better today, maybe he could get some counselling or something, as he must have been terrified. I do hope the police can convince him to take a drug test, and nail that b****rd to the wall before he targets some other poor boy.
Thank god your son still had the presence of mind to use his phone, and thank god for the quick thinking of the police in tracking him down xx

I hope you feel better soon darling, take it easy today safe in the knowlege that your baby boy is ok xx

Just wanted to send you and your son HUGS too. There are some horrible sick people around. :(

Hope your son feels better soon and that you can all move on quickly. x Thinking about you all.x

Hi Barb,

Sending ((((big hugs)))) your way to all of you! I had a friend whose drink was spiked but luckily (for her!) she passed out in the ladies loos & got taken home safely rather than with the bloke who was trying to look after her! I hadn't realised that men that age were a target too!

Love xxx

Gosh, I really didn't expect so much from everyone, although knowing you all as I do I should not be surprised. I am feeling a it better although still very shaky, Ken is being very good but I know he is finding the whole thing desperately hard. Chris is very, very quiet and pale. I think I will take him to the GP and also see if he could have some counselling, I fear he is already getting flashbacks as I have noticed him suddenly frown deeply and then look a bit lost. He is such a lovely boy, Ok I am biased but he really is and I just can't believe what could have happened to him. His sisters, especially his twin are also very traumatised, I think we are going to try and have some real quailty family time with a large quantity of hugs. Thank you, all of you, it has meant so much to me to hear your thoughts and good wishes. Lots of love

your poor family !!!!

Make sure he doesn't bottle his feelings up (bit of a male thing)

Thank God he's OK - have messaged you xx

Barb

Stunned into silence and that doesn't happen often. Hope things are settling down a bit.

Hope you can pursuade Chris to see your GP and get counselling, young men can be really funny about these things though thinking they should be the big macho man and be able to deal with it - but we all need help from time to time whatever our gender or age.

He was so very lucky, but like others say its not his fault and should try not to be critical of himself, although we all end up saying coulda, woulda shoulda about things outside our control from time to time. I am so glad he wasn't hurt. He should also be proud of the way he dealt with it and another good thing to come out of it is that even if the police won't charge him or if Chris decides he can't face court (not an easy thing to do) at least this monster is now on the police radar - if he wasn't before.

Give your Chris plenty of cuddles and make sure he talks to you or someone else. Big hugs to you and your family.

Barb, how are you all today? Been thinking of you.

Still feel very wobbly today. Chris had a good cry last night and ots of cuddles, which I hope helped. Today he is seeing a counsellor which he agreed to without us having to push, which gives an idea of how upset he really is. He is getting flashbacks and is in need of help.

Back