Thin before I am forty ....my diary.

Angel250

Sunday 15th sept.
Well i am in my 4th day of attack and I have a lot to lose, bit gutted because I am heavier than what I thought but I have lost 6.5lbs on attack yey and I am on a mission to be thin before I am forty in August 2014.

I have a few mini goals...... Reach end of attack
Loose 1st7lb by oct 25
Get into my black dress for Christmas ball 8th dec.
Loose 2stone by Christmas.

Is there anyone out there that has lost the weight, got a lot to lose or is doing the dukan diet as we'll who needs a diet buddy, I really need the motivation. Otherwise I am going to be 20 stone before I know it.

Today I have had a good day, trying hard as yesterday I slipped up and had a scone erm with jam and Yes cream. But I did get straight on it today, And the scone made me feel Uncomfortably full, so won't be having another in a hurry... Lesson learned

breakfast..... Oat Bran porridge with vanilla yog. Yummy.
lunch............diet coke chicken... No tom purée in it. Lush
tea............... Scrambled egg and salmon. Mmmmm

i have had loads of water.....and some diet Coke and tea.

looking forward to getting into the cruise stage I miss veg.
I am so finding it hard not having fruit. But its a small price to pay to be thin.
well here goes first diary post done.

angel250

Well had a fab day, worked hard at the gym I felt like I had so much energy. Its really helping lift my moods. Stuck to diet today but haven't decided what to have for tea as I am not all that hungry yet. Been shopping for more supplies so well stocked up with chicken.
got 2 more days of attack left and I don't feel like I am struggling with the diet so far.

breakfast...... Oat bran porridge mixed with vanilla yog
lunch............. Curried chicken soup. (Just chicken, water, herbs, curry powder, chilli and nat yog)
snack ....2 crab sticks and can of coke zero.
Tea........ ??????? Maybe a omelette with cottage cheese.

loads of water and a few brews.

hope tomorrow is as easy as I want to start the 30 day shred. Just need motivation. :)
Roll on being thin!

What a great start, keep going gall!!! Attack is tough at times but your body soon adjusts - as yours seems to have!!!! I lost 9 stone doing Dukan and highly recommend it as a plan - after getting to target I struggled with Consolidation and went off the rails - I am now 2 and a half stone heavier and for me Dukan has not worked second time around totally due to the fact that I couldn't stop cheating not because the plan doesn't work I hasten to add, so I have gone to SW........ Many roads to Rome and all that.... Stick at it and you will fit that LBD long before Christmas I promise you....... Cruise feels amazing after attack - take a look at the recipe section to get some meal ideas as variety on Dukan is the spice of life - also get some muffins made - they are a staple on Dukan and make your day so much easier and can be grabbed on the run!!!! Good LUCK!

Hi Angel and congrats on starting so well and posting here! Like Trudy says, it's a great plan and once you're in the zone, you'll be unstoppable. Lots of recipe ideas have been posted and I'd definitely recommend having a browse - it's easy to start off with lots of eggs and chicken etc but you do get bored so it's best to head things off at the pass so to speak, and make an effort with a variety of dishes from the start.

I'm turning 40 just a few months before you and have a similar aim - not just to get to target weight but also to deal with the bit of my head that likes to eat when I'm not hungry and doesn't stop when I'm full. We'll get there somehow and the support from these boards is phenomenal.

Keep going and good luck!!

Joodle x

Wow, Angel, you're doing great! This is my first time on Dukan and I'm 1 and a half months in. Attack phase really gets you pumped up for the rest of the diet, it seems. The diet really helps to reteach a person about food and what to make a priority. Like Joodle and Trudy have mentioned previously, variety is the thing. I really got some cravings for chocolate my first month and learning some recipes that feed or curb your cravings is really nice. Having the variety of other meats besides chicken is really, really enjoyable too. I remember the first time that I had eaten a different meat than chicken and I couldn't get enough - that was the best lean hamburger I had ever had in my life.

Attack phase is great because it gets your head in the "game" and really gets you craving vegetables. Keep at it!

P.S.~ I like that you supplied what was in the curried chicken...as I thought it sounded amazing...but, when do you put the yogurt in? Because I made it once and it started to separate.

Hi Angel

Well done on your losses so far! You will find plenty of us on here will be your diet buddy
:D

Hey there,
well thank you all for your lovely messages of support and encouragement, I really need plenty of diet buddies to keep me on track. I am really impressed with all your weight loss can't wait till I have shifted a few stone.
I have had a really good day today , started the 30 day shred, oh it's a killer but just when I thought I could take no more it was cool down. So really busted a gut for 25 mins. Then with the extra energy I has I walked the dogs, stripped the bed, did my house work, and now I am absolutely pooped.:)
Hopefully I will still be motivated to do day 2 shred tomorrow, I also have circuits tomorrow at gym and that is usually a killer but I enjoy it and feel so good afterwards.

Well I weighted myself and I have stayed the same but I am happy with that as a know Aunt Flo is just around the corner so possibly won't have a loss now till next week, hey ho. At least I haven't put weight on in fluid.

Breaki...... Oat bran porridge mixed with vanilla ff vanilla yog, this feels so naughty.
lunch....... Omelette, cottage cheese and mackerel and tuna pâté.
tea........... Homemade lean beef burger with natural yog/mint.

2ltrs of water, measured it out today and chilled it. Plus a couple of brews and a can of zero coke.

I worry that I am not eating enough as my appetite isn't there and my portions are so much smaller compared to the mound of rubbish I used to eat. I am not missing anything, I think mostly it is mostly bad habits that have formed like crisps and a sarni, can't just have a sarni. We're as now I am not missing bread or the crisps so that is a good thing.

Pjamber- hey I mix the yog in when it is in my serving bowl so hasn't curdled so far,I make it quite spicy and it feels very warming and naughty. But saw a Thai broth in recipe thread that I am going to try as I love Thai.

Well it's day 7 of attack tomorrow, but I think I may keep this up till sat then I will have my first veg day on sun, I have a lot to loose so hopefully I will get a good weight loss and I am not finding attack all that hard, I will see how it goes.

Toodles for now and keep loosing everyone xx

Thanks for the tip, Angel. I'll make sure to add yogurt at the tail-end of making the food.

It's awesome that you're stepping up the exercise! You will definitely see results in your waistline. Did you workout a lot before this? Your non-loss might also be a result of some muscle gain. But, I understand about the aunt flo thing, I don't weight myself until after because I'm all over the place that week!

Just make sure that you're eating enough and that you're not hungry. Overeating won't help you learn good eating habits, but undereating will result in a loss of vitamins and minerals that your body needs.

Soon you'll be off attack and onto cruise!

Hi
had a fab day yesterday, did my 30 day shred, felt fab then followed that with my circuits class and she pushed us today I was shattered and am feeling it this morning.

Diet went well to
to breakfast..... Porridge and ff vanilla yog
lunch................ Hamburger pie, mackerel pâté.
tea................. Same as above.
snacks ............ Crab stick. Yog.

i had plenty to drink as well.

i did fancy something sweet this evening but I only had a yog. But on the plus Side I lost another lb so that is 8lb now woohoo. So going down.......

going to stick with attack till Saturday so I can have some veg on my Sunday lunch. So looking forward to that.

pjamber... I was doing gym on Monday and circuits Wednesday and going for good walks, but I feel like I have to do more to get rid of the excess fat, I was measured yesterday and I have lost an inch of my waist and 3cm of my hips, I am sick of being overweight and I am desperate to get to my goal and wear my dress for Christmas. But doing this exercise is making me feel so much happier and full of energy that if I miss a day I regret it. I am going for it while my mind is focused, and hopefully when I have lost a bit more weight it will motivate me even more to keep going.

keep loosing everyone xx

Hey, had another good day, completed day 3 on shred even though I was suffering from yesterday's exercise, it took some motivation but I got there and felt better for doing it.
Diet , well I stuck to it apart from having some branflakes this morning I know they are not on the diet but I hadn't been to loo since sat and I was starting to worry, but hey it worked.

Breakfast... Branflakes (I know) not allowed
lunch....... Hamburger pie ff yog.
tea....... Diet coke chicken.
snacks ...... crab sticks

Really fancied some chocolate today but I didn't, I bought some chocolate flavoured coffee so I will see if that helps curb the craving.

well keep loosing everyone x

Well done Angel, you're doing so well with the diet and exercise! And you sound so happy and motivated, it's fantastic.

Wouldn't worry about under eating as your body will tell you when it's hungry. It also does a great job of burning up fat for fuel, so don't forget you're kind of feeding yourself that way too!

Well done again and keep it up!

Jx

Hey had another good day today. Day 4 on shred, boy my legs were sore but got through it, all them squats are doing me good as my butt has gone from flat to rounded, I didn't realise that they made your bum lift...I will be doing more of them.
Diet has been good today apart from I had 1/2 a cookie.... Well I suppose it could of been worse it could of been a full cookie or the pack of 5 ;)

Breakfast........ Poridge and ff vanilla yog.
lunch ............. Last of mackerel pâté.
Tea.................chicken curry.
snacks............. Ff yog, chicken drumsticks and 1/2 a cookie

Well tomorrow is going to be my last attack day, I am going to weigh myself on Sunday . Looking forward to some veg and I think I am going to make butternut squash soup and some muffins to get me through next week.
I feel like I have lost a bit weight, feel healthy so that is good. I haven't found it to hard so far either I hope I can stick to the next phase. I still have a lot of weight to loose and I have to do 238 days on cruise argh.....that seems like loads.

Joodle ... Thanks for the motivation, I hope I keep it up this frame of mind is good at the moment. Got small goals my first was to get through attack stage, nearly there. Next will be my first stone off, can't wait for that. I am meant this time I don't want to be fat and forty, I want to be a yummy mummy. Again xxx

keep loosing everyone xxxxxx

You will be!

Mini goals are a great idea and don't forget - cruise may be much shorter if you lose weight faster than the Dukan site predicts. The other thing I would remember is that although it looks like you have a long time on Cruise, what the book doesn't remind you is that you will start to feel amazing LONG before you reach target weight.

So although you may be thinking 'crickey, that's a long way off', don't forget that you will start feeling amazing well before that, as you start to notice clothes fitting differently, bones emerging etc.

Don't be disheartened, you're going to start feeling real differences very soon!!

Jx

Not having a good day today, feeling low, tired I always get like this when aunts Flo is due. But normally I scoff on crisps and chocolate, that is x3.. So could eat fish and chips oh Tonight is going to be hard. But hey veg tomorrow.

Breakfast .......omelette with ham
Lunch.............. Salmon. Sugar free jelly.
tea.............. think I may just have porridge and vanilla yog.

haven't managed my exercises today, I will be on track tomorrow. Feel like I need a good sleep although I had a couple of hours this afternoon. Oh I lost 1/2lb so that is me 9lb down now woohoooo :)

Ok so after 9 days on attack I have lost 9lb so that's a fab start for me, now I am on cruise babe...so veggies...veggies....veggies
oooooooooooh what will I have. :)

Well done! Enjoy the veggies :)

Sent using MiniMins.com mobile app

First PV day.......Well vegetables...Mmmmm carrots.....cabbage...... In the words of my husband "A taste sensation"
had a good day on diet today

Breakfast........ Porridge and vanilla yog
lunch ............... Chicken and veggies mmmmm
tea................. Sf jelly, yog.

loads to drink as well.

good start, made some butternut squash soup but not really that hungry so will have it on tues.

keep loosing everyone x

Well done Angel! If you're craving chips, I recommend substituting butternut squash wedges or (and!!) celeriac chips. Delish! Jx

Well done Angel! If you're craving chips, I recommend substituting butternut squash wedges or (and!!) celeriac chips. Delish! Jx
Got some butternut squash, I will try that tomorrow with some chilli. :)

Back