Thin-To-Be Diary

Rachel_Murray

Everyone seems to be doing diary's on here and I thought I would join in. It helps me to write down how I'm feeling and what I'm doing so I will enjoy doing this.

So, who am I? I'm Rachel, I'm a mother to two children and a wife to their father. Family means the most to be, I'm very family orientated and I'm lucky to have the family I have.

I was always a size 10/12 growing up but always thought I was fat, I used to hide away in very baggy jumpers that covered my body and even my hands. I used to walk around in an uncomfortable way by folding my arms but having them as low as I could so they would hide my belly. It's silly and I cuss myself for doing it now!

The weight crept on through the years and a few years ago I stopped gaining weight but stayed around the 16 stone mark, on a positive point, at least I'd stopped gaining.

I've never really had anyone be nasty to me for my weight, although a few years ago when I was about 13 stone, my sister called me fat in an argument, so what did I do!? Joined the nearest gym and do something about it! Hell no, I ran off crying and ate a large Mars Bar lol.

So, now I'm on slimming world, so far to date I've lost 15.5 lbs in approx 7 weeks I think it is.

Our son doesn't really know I'm 'dieting' but knows I'm active, going to the gym etc. My daughter (9 years old) knows I'm trying to lose my belly, but I've not made it an issue around her, she knows I'm just trying to be healthy and she wants me to be thin and healthy. She's VERY proud of me. Once when she asked if I lost weight at weigh-in and I answered yes, she stopped, lunged at be with a big hug and a smile saying to me "I'm so proud of you Mum". That has given me the push to lose weight, I want to be a healthy mum and a good example to my children.

So, here goes the diary :)
Kinda wish I had my username as Thin-To-Be now :'( Sounds great! lol

Advice and comments are VERY welcome :D It is a forum after all :p

Start weight: 15st 12lbs
Weight at time of posting: 14st 10.5lbs

7th March 2013

Started off waking up at 6am to get ready for work, was doing a 3 and a half hour house clean. Lovely house! However, I did get stuck in the bathroom for 25 minutes! :eek: :cry:

I had closed the door and it had wedged into the door frame! I pulled and pulled but it wouldn't shift, I was alone and there were no nearby houses that I could call out to. PLUS, I'd left the keys in the locked door! So even if someone did come to help, the door was locked and no one could get another key into the lock anyway! Lesson well and truly learned.
Couldn't get hold of my work for 5/10 minutes, I'm just so so lucky I had my mobile with me! Usually I leave it downstairs as I had no pockets.
I managed to get myself out in the end, I figured if the door broke (It was creaking and bowing), I would personally pay for the door to be renewed lol. Although I would have preferred to have been warned, but I guess no one knew :sigh:

OK, so I've done the 3.5 hour clean, including cleaning floor on hands and knees (ouch), and tonight I've done a Step Class. I sweated like crazy and I couldn't get my feet coordinated, by the time I did, we were onto the next pattern :rolleyes: It was great though :D

Todays food has been limited as I've been in and out of the door today.

Breakfast - A Irish Diet Yogurt and a banana

Lunch - Campbell's Mushroom Savory Rice (2 Syns), plus I've added 4 extra chopped up Mushrooms

Dinner - erm.... I ate a mouthful of cooked mushrooms and 2 pieces of bacon then ran out of the door for Step Class - not good I know.

Snacks - I've just walked in from Step class and I've eaten 1 packet of Baked Stars - Mild Sweet Chilli Flaour (THE BEST ONE!), and my husband has made a weird concoction of a irish diet yogurt mixed with egg whites a Sainsburys Lighter Chocolate mousse (4.5 Syns?) and some Banana and Malteasers (3 syns? Only had about 2 in there)

SYNS: 14.5 Syns. Wow - I don't usually have that many! Never mind.

8th March 2013

Been in a bit of a low mood today but I've made sure it's not effected my diet.

Went to work this morning and found that several people at work are sponsoring me for the 'Slim for Good' which goes to a little boy called Oliver Field who has Neuroblastoma (Cancer), he is 2 years old. He needs treatment and may need to go abroad which will cost £250,000.

The Oliver Field Appeal

Didn't go to Body Pump today which is the first time I've missed it since I've started it. The reason being was that I was at work for a few hours cleaning and came home to a messy house which I was not at all happy with, considering my husband doesn't work on Wed, Thurs & Fridays. No impressed. So I stayed at home to clean while he went to Body Pump.

I have Body Attack tonight at 6pm but I'm not in a happy mood and so I don't want to go but I think I will have to force myself to go. Don't want to start slacking, I know I will regret it if I don't go.

Breakfast: An Orange - had to rush out

Snack: Mug Shot Sweet and Sour

Lunch: Chicken Roll Sandwich with cucumber, tomato, baby leaves and cress sandwich (HeB) plus less than 1 tbsp of lighter than light mayo (1 Syn?) & Baked Stars (5 Syns)

Dinner: Currently making homemade Chicken Nuggets using Powdered Mash flakes as a coating to make it crispy, Mashed potato, Sweetcorn and Peas

Total Syns: 6

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day emotionally

9th March 2013

Better day for my mood. My sister is having the kids tonight so that'll be a nice breather.

Not really done much today, no body magic, just been slow cooking a beef stew-extra lean of course :)

Breakfast: Banana and a tasteless Orange

Lunch: 2 slices of bread (HEB) with ham, leaves, cress, cucumber, tomatoes and butter (2 syns)

Dinner: Beef stew with carrots, Swede, parsnip, onion and mash potato using my HEA milk

Snacks: 2x weight watchers strawberry & raspberry mini pot swirls (8 syns altogether)
3x NuMe chocolate cake slices (12 syns altogether)

TOTAL SYNS: 22 syns - flexible syns. Didn't have many this week.

Hi Rachel,
Your meals all look lovely!:eating:
But flexible syns are for special occaisions, such as a wedding, to help you stay in control. You work out how many you need to have, and then count down to zero, and then stop.

If you say you're using flexible syns every time you go over, you're doing the opposite of staying in control, and giving yourself a get out of just having too many syns!
And you could end up doing that more and more which could really damage your weight loss.

Try having more superfree and free foods to fill yourself up!
xx

Hi Rachel,
Your meals all look lovely!:eating:
But flexible syns are for special occaisions, such as a wedding, to help you stay in control. You work out how many you need to have, and then count down to zero, and then stop.

If you say you're using flexible syns every time you go over, you're doing the opposite of staying in control, and giving yourself a get out of just having too many syns!
And you could end up doing that more and more which could really damage your weight loss.

Try having more superfree and free foods to fill yourself up!
xx

Hey, I don't use flexible syns, it was only that day, just thinking positively after a bad day.

Thank you though :) x

11th March 2013

Woke up and took Toby for a walk for about an hour, came across stairs so I went up them two at a time (not done that since I was a teenager lol).

Had a bad craving for bread today but haven't given in :(

Weigh in later on so fingers crossed.

Back